Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking just how much a really good quality game could help TNA.

Well reviewed games get pushed by the game news sites which in turn helps push sales.
Even non-WWE and non-wrestling fans will buy a well reviewed fun game. This would then get these non-TNA fans more familiar with the product and they might then check out the show.

It would be in a way like advertising for TNA that they would be paid for instead of having to pay for it. Right now that's one of TNA's bigger problems. The majority of the TV audience doesn't know they exist.

I know of at least two or three people who started watching WCW and WWF in the 90s because of how much they liked the THQ/AKI series (WCW Rvenge, WWF No Mercy, Etc.).

So I then have to wonder is TNA in a position where they can make a deal with a game company good enough to make a quality game or would they have to settle for a lesser company?

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
i would love to see YUKES or Namco or EA Sports give it a go.. I think any one of them could make a quality wrestling game

·
Registered
26 Posts
I think it could benefit them, the extent of which im unsure about, but it could definitely help

·
Registered
10,076 Posts
I believe South Peak is workin on a new game. If it happens they need to start a system where they just keep adding new DLC instead of attemption to sell the same game each year like wwe.

·
Registered
274 Posts
New game would really help TNA getting it's name out there to a younger market since Spike in general is targeted for adult males. They can't have ass it though if they are going to do it they have to make a good game or it will be pointless and bring more negativity to the company.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
I would definitely buy a well-made TNA game. Fans of wrestling games just want good wrestling games regardless of the company said game represents.

·
Banned
4,096 Posts
wwe have fallen victem to EA sports syndrome

a better wrestling game is something tna can muscle in on

smackdown for the psone helped got me into wrestling back in 2000

·
Registered
11,691 Posts
It has to be groundbreaking and dominant.

NBK2K slowly killed NBA Live(which is coming back this year btw)

Madden(even though its an exclusive contract through politics) killed multiple other NFL franchises in it's history.

TNA will have to come out with the greatest wrestling game ever and take over the wrestling market, which is being dominated by WWE.

·
Registered
10,076 Posts
Can they remove the "TNA" Logo and name already

You realize the reason why its like this.Cus they are still not main stream and spent so much time and money promoting TNA as the brand.Its going to take a while to switch to Impact Wrestling, Most stuff is all ready called IW now anyways.

Also they are trying to promote 10 years still going for the anniversary ppv. So the best way to do that is to just promote tna 10. It will come faster prob after that ppv.

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
No. It will not do anything for TNA. No one is going to start watching a TNA show because the video game is sweet and based off the sales of the last game only the fans purchased it. Wrestling is a very niche video game market and the average joe blow is not going to buy that game like they would purchase COD, Halo, or something along those lines.

·
Banned
367 Posts
The guy above me has no clue. "Nobody will watch TNA because of a video game". That's like saying nobody will buy your product because of an advertisement on tv. Lol.

·
Registered
858 Posts
I actually got into WCW because of WCW vs nWO for n64.

I purchased Raw vs SD 2007 at random one day because I like wrestlign games and all the legends games suck (and stilld do). I hate WWE but actually started watching just because I wanted to know the gimmicks to talk trash when playing friends. This lead to me renting my first ever Wrestlemania (undertaker vs batista, HBK vs Cena) and having a Wrestlemania "party". All that and I hate Vince McMahon, the Umaga push made me stop watching the E again.

There has to be more people like me out there. The BEST part about wrestling games is that its a multiplayer game that allows you to not play split screen.

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
The guy above me has no clue. "Nobody will watch TNA because of a video game". That's like saying nobody will buy your product because of an advertisement on tv. Lol.
Really? Where are all these fans that started watching TNA when the TNA video game came out years ago? I didn't notice a spike in attendence, buyrates, or ratings that would suggest that the poor selling video game alternated the product in a good way in regards to the three things that I have listed. If you have some facts to backup that the TNA video did good for TNA TV and PPV...please let us know.

If not...well you know what to do. ;)

·
#WoodwardOut #LUHG
15,085 Posts
well it was a video game that got me back into WWE programming.

·
Premium Member
9,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Really? Where are all these fans that started watching TNA when the TNA video game came out years ago? I didn't notice a spike in attendence, buyrates, or ratings that would suggest that the poor selling video game alternated the product in a good way in regards to the three things that I have listed. If you have some facts to backup that the TNA video did good for TNA TV and PPV...please let us know.

If not...well you know what to do. ;)
You said it yourself that the last TNA game didn't sell well. It's reviews were mediocre. It wasn't a great game so people didn't buy it. So no sales led to no improvement in other areas.

I said in the first post that it needs to be a great game. One so well reviewed that it pushes sales. It has to be better than the current WWE games. Like USAUSA1 said "It has to be groundbreaking and dominant."

A great game will sell. It may take time for it build momentum, but it will sell. If it does sell then that can get more eyes on the TV product. Now that won't mean TNA will keep those new viewers. They may tune out after five minutes, but it does give TNA an opportunity to get new eyes on their product and hopefully keep them.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I dont think they will. Its a risk and it seems now they are only taking very calculated risks to pull themselves up. Maybe in 2 or 3 years when their current plan of building new stars is in place (and if it worked). For now though, youd need a company willing to put in a lot of time and effort to compete with WWE and UFC games. I dont know a company that would want to at the moment based on the sales of the last game.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts