Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Banned
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like how Brock is with UFC? Or do you not see them mentioning it??

I can see how they mention former WCW champions but thats another story..they own them now.

Would the WWE try to shy away from giving TNA the time of day? I Would assume they would not mention it because it is their competition here in the states, but then again i was wrong when i thought they would never mention the UFC in WWE, but what do you know, they ended up making a whole angle out of it! (how Brock makes things seem so real, MMA gloves and trunks, pulls guard and Kimura). And they have been mentioning the fact that Fat Albert (Lord Tensai) was a former WWE superstar that had returned from wrestling in japan, but i cant recall if he actually said NJPW...

With that being said, do you think a former TNA champion would be recognized in the WWE

·
Veteran
1,410 Posts
While you can never be sure of anything in wrestling, I'm sure that you can be sure it will never happen.

Sure.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Not happening until WWE buys them out.
TNA is on a small scale, wwe doesnt recognize them. Not a single fuck they give about them.
UFC on the other hand isnt a scripted tv show. Its a sport. a real sport. and like they acknowledge superbowl, they can acknowledge UFC too.

·
Banned
5,212 Posts
I doubt it, not much in there to gain from a kayfabe standpoint. RAW is bigger than Impact, and as of now even SD is still bigger than Impact (won't be long till that changes once D Bryan leaves and a bunch of indy jobbers stay there) so basically WWE Title and WWEs WHC > TNAs WHC, it's more like a midcard title in WWEs world I guess. What I think would happen is if WWE hired AJ Styles who's very well known across wrestling audiences that they would announce him as a national superstar or something along those lines without dropping TNAs name. UFC is a whole different thing, becoming a UFC champion instantly gives you legitimacy, and it's also far bigger than WWE, let alone TNA so it made sense to announce Brock as a former world champion, especially since it's a legit achievement, not a scripted one.

·
Banned
4,994 Posts
look at Christin, no one ever mentioned him as TNA champion of any kind. And it doesn't seem like such a big accomplishment anyways as TNA is a much smaller company and being a world champion there for WWE means less than being the Internet Champion. Just like you don't hear that so and so was Ring of Honor champion.

·
Banned
852 Posts
Not a chance, seeing as TNA is in direct competition with them. UFC and WWE are two different forms of entertainment.

Reactions: LINK

·
Registered
664 Posts
MMA and pro wrestling are similar in a lot of aspects, but it seems like UFC and WWE don't see eachother as direct competition. Dana said him and Vince are in good terms and soon they'll have a common enemy:

Bellator FC(BFC is to UFC what TNA is to WWE) will move to Spike TV in 2013 and they've said they are going to collaborate a lot with TNA to help promote eachother. I think there will be TNA guests in BFC shows and viceversa. it's not that they are a big threat(they are getting less than 200k viewers in MTV2), but they are the second biggest american promotion. Spike TV is also bitter the UFC abandoned them to go to FOX and they have been counterprogramming their FOX shows with old UFC reruns, so uncle Dana will be eager to strike back next year.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
If it was significant enough in their career, like they were very well known because of it, much like Brock Lesnar, they probably would. Ever since they mentioned Lesnar's UFC accomplishments, I'm not counting it out. TNA isn't even competition.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
In Jericho's words: "Never, eeeeeeeeeeeVER!"

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
UFC is not direct competition to the WWE, and it legitamises Lesnars storyline as a real fighter. That is why it was included.

No a previous TNA champion would not be bragged about in the WWE.. Why would they pursuade their fans to go out and look for TNA as an alternative?

In fact a TNA champ would be treated completely differently.. probably as a jobber just to make the wrestling world think that TNA is pathetic.

Trust me if Bobby Roode moved to WWE right now, he would be placed as a mid carder at best, probably not even that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
No I doubt they would because as stated before, WWE couldnt care less about TNA and why should they? When TNA bring in already established stars, they have to capitalise on their popularity, though they dont really do it very well IMO.

When WWE bring in someone from a smaller company, they dont live on that wrestlers history, they create their own history, something TNA really struggles to do.

For examples look at **** foley. He created a huge legacy of being a hardcore wrestling great as Cactus Jack, when he goes to WWE, they create an entirely new character to create their own history, Mankind. (a less successful example of chris harris/braden walker I think this is the main reason WWE is the big leagues, top dogs even if they do seem to be struggling with adult male demographics, whereas TNA are nothing more than the top Indipendant Promotion.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Nope. There are people currently in the WWE who are former TNA champs in Christian and R-Truth. If they mentioned them as former champs then people would likely try to look for them winning the titles on these shows and that could give TNA business.

The only way they'd mention TNA on WWE would be either A. The buy TNA or B. They get AJ Styles and if this happens they wont boldly claim it but probably handle it in a similar way to how they handled introducing Daniel Bryan.

·
Banned
6,658 Posts
Granted the WWE is the global power in wrestling, but I think mentioning that this "star" may have won major titles in other world wide wrestling promotions is a creative way of making that person more legit. Acknowledging that this person has done things outside of the WWE makes sense, but just not mentioning where.

·
Registered
34 Posts
if iam not mistaken Christian is a former tna champ and they never say spit about in fact they never say he went thear or anything i mean he was tna`s highest draw at one point and as far as the wwe was concerned he was "lost" as edge told him when he came back

·
Registered
34 Posts
Granted the WWE is the global power in wrestling, but I think mentioning that this "star" may have won major titles in other world wide wrestling promotions is a creative way of making that person more legit. Acknowledging that this person has done things outside of the WWE makes sense, but just not mentioning where.
u got a good point that make sence like lord tensie (or how ever u spell it)they say he was in japan but never give the name of the company he worked for

1 - 20 of 42 Posts