Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This idea came to me and I thought it would be great. Basically it would be a drama about the lives of pro wrestlers, worrying about creative and internal politics. It would be like the Sopranos of pro wrestling.

I think its fair to say that most of us find the behind the scenes more entertaining than the show itself.

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
They did a little of that in The Wrestler, but if they do it well it can be a good show. They should do a fictionalized version of the Monday Night Wars or something.

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
I would like to see it,but I dont think the genre is over enough with the masses.
Well The Wrestler got nominated for an Oscar, so it was popular/good enough to get people to watch it. If they had the right actors they could do well.

·
Registered
14,932 Posts
Welcome back again H1F! 7 accounts now? or is it 8?
:nowords

·
Premium Member
2,779 Posts
Entourage focused on a movie star, his 3 loyal friends, and his agent. The backdrop of the show was the movie business, both the good and the bad of it.

A show about a group of friends in the wrestling business (one being a big time star) similar to Entourage could work. Dealing with the promoter, working ppvs, house shows, traveling, training, partying, steroids, etc... that could be an interesting backdrop.

·
Registered
9,549 Posts
I think it would probably similar to Sports Night where it would get good press but never actually catch on with the general public. Sports Night was a comedy revolving around fictional ESPN like anchors.

I just don't see people getting interested in watching wrestling politics. You can spoof guys like Vince, Hogan all day but I just don't see people watching it.

·
Banned
7,451 Posts
Isn't that what Total Divas is about.

I only seen like one episode, and everytime I watch its the same episode of that red-haired chick trying to seduce Fandango, lying to creative and then getting scolded by Stephanie McMahon.

That's exactly what the drama show would be like.

It would kind of suck.

Now to go off topic, I two was thinking about a TV show that should have got expanded a full hour day-time teen soap show.
Think of that 90s show Sweet Valley High which was more like Beverly Hill 90210 than like the other 90s teen show Saved By The Bell.

The show I'm thinking should have got expanded is the original Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. Sure the costume morphed super hero battles that made up half the show as great but the other half that focused on the teenagers lives was also great.
Also helped that they had a great cast of characters in the original cast including the Green Ranger.

It seem like that show by the 2nd season was branching out, they put on additional characters to the show like Zack's cousin Curtis and another character name Richie which I remember Trini had a crush on. But dammit it all to hell when right in the middle of the 2nd season they get rid of half the cast.

Saban who made the Power Rangers had also made Sweet Valley High so it wouldn't have been terribly done show either.

alright back on topic.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Entourage focused on a movie star, his 3 loyal friends, and his agent. The backdrop of the show was the movie business, both the good and the bad of it.

A show about a group of friends in the wrestling business (one being a big time star) similar to Entourage could work. Dealing with the promoter, working ppvs, house shows, traveling, training, partying, steroids, etc... that could be an interesting backdrop.
Entourage: Wrestling Edition? That could be cool.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts