Votes: 21 16.4%
  • Rob Van Dam

Votes: 38 29.7%
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In your opinion, as we head toward 2011, who has been the worst world champion in TNA history? Now, the poll only considers the six most widely considered "bad" champions, but you can specify your own if necessary.

In my opinion, the worst champion has, by far, been Rob Van Dam. That's not to say other reigns haven't been bad, but RVD's was just plain boring and it was a godsend when they took the title off of him. His efforts looked lazy and his storylines weren't great.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Jeff Jarrett...

·
Premium Member
44,322 Posts
The two that come to mind for me are Ron Killings & Mick Foley.

I have NEVER liked Killings. The guy is boring, repetitive, a lame character, and just an an all around untalented performer. He only got the World Title so that TNA could say they made a star out of a guy that the WWE underused & they crowned the first African American NWA World Champ. The problem with that is that the novelty of the first black champ doesn't hold much water because Ron Simmons & The Rock had already been champions in WCW & WWF respectively. Also, I think WWE didn't push him because he sucked, because as we saw in TNA, the guy was never any good at anything he did. I never saw the appeal in this guy and he tanked as champion.

As for Mick Foley, he should have never won that belt. He had been retired from full time wrestling for over NINE YEARS and had no business being anywhere near consideration for a World Title reign. They masked his weaknesses by having him talk for most of the reign, which certainly helped, but he still should have never been the champion, EVER!

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Jeff Jarrett by far. I could at least watch any of the 6 in the poll, but anytime Jarrett was on I just changed the channel. Everybody's been trying to get Jarrett over for over 15 years, but nobody cares.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
Rhino

·
Natasha Yi. WHAT A BABE.
7,731 Posts
From those, I chose Van Dam, because he blatantly did not give a flying fuck.

·
Registered
149 Posts
i voted ron out of the list but would have voted jarret, just didn't interest me at all. Though his early reigns were important for tna the longer they went on and the more there were of them when they was/should have been other tna stars who were over enough to be champ the more damage they ended up doing to tna imho

also im quite surprised there's such an even opinion split on this

1 - 20 of 57 Posts