Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Raevolution is a Mystery
23,791 Posts
I'd say that being the fan I was in 2010 and the fan I was in '04, I was certainly expecting more out of Lesnar/Goldberg. I didn't really see much in Bret/Vince because Bret looks pretty bad. Lesnar/Goldberg was a clash of two of the wrestlers with only a handful of losses each.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Hart vs McMahon is worse. But at the same time, I think Goldberg vs Lesnar was better than Triple H vs Randy Orton.

·
These days I find beauty as depressing as years be
13,966 Posts
I was there live for Hart/McMahon and there was a huge percentage that did not care for this match. At least Goldberg and Lesnar had the audience reacting.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Goldberg vs Lesnar was worse than Hart vs McMahon because people had expectations for Goldberg vs Lesnar to be at least a fun match while people had low expectations for Hart vs McMahon. Bottom line is that they both sucked.

·
Dr. Mantis Toboggan
1,127 Posts
Hart/Vince was worse, but Goldberg/Lesnar was a WAY bigger letdown. That was one of the matches I was really looking foward too at Wrestlemanix XX. Still, it was the Greatest Wrestlemania of all-time.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Hart vs McMahon is worse. But at the same time, I think Goldberg vs Lesnar was better than Triple H vs Randy Orton.
fpalm. Orton Vs HHH > lesnar vs goldberg and hart vs mcmahon. lesnar vs goldberg was terrible but watchable and hart vs mcmahon should never have happened period.

·
#RiseAbove
1,471 Posts
fpalm. Orton Vs HHH > lesnar vs goldberg and hart vs mcmahon. lesnar vs goldberg was terrible but watchable and hart vs mcmahon should never have happened period.
Orton vs HHH at WM25 was horrible. Now it may have been better than Lesnar/Goldberg but not by as much as it seems you insist.

Regardless, tho the worst match is Bret/Vince by a wide margin. It was horrible.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
18,792 Posts
I was in attendance for Hart/McMahon and it was indeed absolutely terrible, but how can you compare a match between two ancients, one non-wrestler, the other a guy who had a stroke and hadn't wrestled in a decade, to Goldberg/Lesnar? They knew they had to have ample outside interference from Hart Dynasty and crew to make the match move at all, that was how lacking in athleticism Hart was and how much of a non-worker Vince obviously was. Goldberg/Lesnar was a match that, believe it or not, a lot of people actually expected something out of. They're both bad but because of the persons in question and expectations, Goldberg/Lesnar is actually the worse match.

·
Premium Member
3,187 Posts
Everyone knew Bret/Vince wasn't going to be a great match, so expectations were low and people weren't as disappointed by it as they were by Goldberg/Lesnar. That match should have been a clash of the titans, the two biggest strongest guys in the company going at it to see whic was the more dominant force.

But they both left and neither of them cared enough to put together a decent match. If I'd been watching it live and seen that travesty, I'd have been crushed.

·
Registered
885 Posts
I'd say Goldberg vs Lesnar. I actually saw that one and was really excited for it. It failed to deliver. There was so much hype for it, and they were such huge wrestling names that anything less than a 5 star match would be a disappointment.

I didn't see McMahon and Hart, but I wouldn't have expected much from two old men. One is an over the hill wrestler who had to retire because of a concussion, the other wasn't even a wrestler. So I can't say that I would have been disappointed if they put on a bad match or didn't entertain me.

·
Banned
4,682 Posts
Two matches that could have been huge but in the end, both executed poorly.

Your thoughts.
Neither. There have been many way worse matches.

Bret-McMahon couldn't have been huge because Bret couldn't TAKE BUMPS. I don't understand why people don't seem to get that. The guy could frigging DIE if he gets hit in the head. So what's the solution? Have him beat the shit out of McMahon with a chair. He was really laying into him too. LOL. Geeks are mad because he wasn't out there pulling off Russian legsweeps like it's 1992. Get realistic.

Lesnar-Goldberg is actually entertaining because of the crowd. They make that match hilarious. Lesnar giving them the finger too.

Both of those matches were not good matches but at least have some entertainment value.

·
King James
24,712 Posts
Bret-McMahon couldn't have been huge because Bret couldn't TAKE BUMPS. I don't understand why people don't seem to get that. The guy could frigging DIE if he gets hit in the head. So what's the solution? Have him beat the shit out of McMahon with a chair. He was really laying into him too. LOL. Geeks are mad because he wasn't out there pulling off Russian legsweeps like it's 1992. Get realistic.
I think a lot of people understood Bret couldn't go anywhere. The problem was just like Lawler/Cole this year is the match went got WAY too much time and was brutal to watch. Hart/McMahon should have just been five minutes tops just like Lawler/Cole should have been.

·
Banned
2,236 Posts
I think a lot of people understood Bret couldn't go anywhere. The problem was just like Lawler/Cole this year is the match went got WAY too much time and was brutal to watch. Hart/McMahon should have just been five minutes tops just like Lawler/Cole should have been.
Exactly, plus all the pre-match garbage with McMahon making all the Harts lumberjacks, and then Bret making some convoluted double turn back against McMahon. I mean the audience didn't know and didn'd care who half of those lumberjacks were.

Even so that's not the worst WM match of all time. The worst 'match' is Hogan v Yoko at the end of WM9. Seriously the lengths the wrestling business has gone to appease the big bald guy in the yellow tights is ridiculous.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts