Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
refeereeing decisions seem to be a common theme tonight so thought i would start this thread , of all which are the worst refereeing you have ever seen? (can be any sport)

·
Premium Member
19,306 Posts

Armando Galaraga's Perfect game ruined due to Umpire Jim Joyce. Still the worst call I've ever seen in sports.
Yeah that was awful. Jim Joyce's comments after he rewatched it were pretty sad. He legit felt terrible. Just one of those things.

The Tuck Rule call was fucking stupid. Such a "convenient" time to throw out a rule that no one knows about.

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
Reactions: RetepAdam.

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
Don Denkinger as well

·
Friends Come And Go,Banners Hang Forever
25,685 Posts
I don't care what you guys say or bring up. There has never been a more biased and worse decision than this:

No it didn't change history in any way, but this is blatant abuse of power.

·
Premium Member
6,506 Posts
Everton vs Villareal in the Champions League qualifier back in 2005.

The decision cost us £20million.

We needed to win the game 2-1 to go to extra time.

The game was 1-1 with 10 minutes left to play and Duncan Ferguson scores a perfectly good goal which would have taken us to extra time. The referee disallows the goal and due to us sending everybody forward to attack, Villareal score a 2nd in the last minute.

The goal is at the 2 minute mark of that video above.

He retired from being a ref earlier on, came out of retirement for this game and then resigned after the game.

Conspiracy theory time: England had 5 teams in the Champions League and UEFA didn't want that so they assigned a retired ref to screw us over.

·
Registered
546 Posts
It is a tie between the infamous Barça - Chelsea game and the whole South Korea's 2002 World Cup.

·
Registered
21,660 Posts
I'm surprised the basketball gold medal controversy hasn't been brought up from the 1972 Summer Olympics. I remember seeing a little documentary on it a while ago and found it very interesting. I'd recommend that people check that one out, if you've not heard it before.

This one has the potential of going much further sport and could have possibly had dee lying political implications with things at the time already being strenuous between the USSR & USA.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
Everton vs Villareal in the Champions League qualifier back in 2005.

The decision cost us £20million.

We needed to win the game 2-1 to go to extra time.

The game was 1-1 with 10 minutes left to play and Duncan Ferguson scores a perfectly good goal which would have taken us to extra time. The referee disallows the goal and due to us sending everybody forward to attack, Villareal score a 2nd in the last minute.

The goal is at the 2 minute mark of that video above.

He retired from being a ref earlier on, came out of retirement for this game and then resigned after the game.

Conspiracy theory time: England had 5 teams in the Champions League and UEFA didn't want that so they assigned a retired ref to screw us over.
i dont care what anyone thinks

UEFA is fucking out to get england

bottom line

spanish and french cunts

·
Buried SCOTT STEINER
6,532 Posts
The replacement ref debacle last year in the NFL during the Packers and Seahawks game, where the replacement refs ruled a clear touchdown as an interception.

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts
This whole series was bad, but game 6 was just obvious. Bob Delaney should have never been allowed to officiate another Lakers game again after this, but he was and again handed them the 2010 championship against the Celtics.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts