Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
I suppose it varies from location to location, but from my experience dining out... and also having worked in one as a kid... I think Burger Kings are routinely some of the worst run fast food restaurants.

Whenever I encounter a Burger King somewhere along my travels the service is awful half of the time or the restaurant inside will be unkempt.

edit: Also Popeyes. Almost always a lukewarm experience at best.

·
Premium Member
17,066 Posts
OP's Mum is awful to eat out!

But, also:

Five Guys - burger joint in the US. Overpriced, for one. It's marketed as mid tier (better than McDonalds but not as good as a sit down spot with a waiter) and they sell just the burger for a lot of money, considering the quality of meat. But, then you have to pay for toppings, fries, and a drink. At this quality of food, everywhere else in the US includes toppings and a side for the same price, at at least the same quality or better. Two, it's complete grease and they're known for having their bags rip from said grease. To me, this is the worst Restaurant in America and it should be shut down.

Chipolte - Well, I like their food. But, the portions are small, the lines are long, and the prices are high. I will eat there if I get coupons or my company caters with them. But, I would never pay for the portions of food they give you. Literally everyone I know who vouches for Chipolte has a friend who works there or has put in the time to become a regular and they receive a larger portion.

Chilis - I believe it's TGIF, AppleBees, and perhaps more that are owned by the same company. They're all decent places, but Chilis seems to have the worse menu and specials. There's no reason to not go somewhere better. They have no signature dish except for the ribs, which TGIF and AppleBees each serve but with specials.

Burgatory - I'm nitpicking now. I don't like a place with "Burg[er]" in the name only allows you to order "pink" or "not pink". The fuck? It's a burger place for people who have no idea what a good burger is. I throw a bratty fit anytime someone recommends them or says they have "the best burger around!" because they don't. It's good, nothing more. It's hurt by everything else being average on the menu, long ass waits because casuals flock there thinking it's a good burger. It's the WWE of of burger joints.

Long John Silver / KFC / Taco Bell (LKT)- The most expensive diarrhea you'll ever buy. The stereotypical LKT has low income employees who lack education, motivation, and any drive to perform even decent service. I won't blame LKT for hiring what is available, but its the situation they're in. They're sort of saved by being super cheap and knowing their own food is garbage.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I got a scatologic experience eating on KFC. I had never eaten there.

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
OP's Mum is awful to eat out!

But, also:

Five Guys - burger joint in the US. Overpriced, for one. It's marketed as mid tier (better than McDonalds but not as good as a sit down spot with a waiter) and they sell just the burger for a lot of money, considering the quality of meat. But, then you have to pay for toppings, fries, and a drink. At this quality of food, everywhere else in the US includes toppings and a side for the same price, at at least the same quality or better. Two, it's complete grease and they're known for having their bags rip from said grease. To me, this is the worst Restaurant in America and it should be shut down.

Chipolte - Well, I like their food. But, the portions are small, the lines are long, and the prices are high. I will eat there if I get coupons or my company caters with them. But, I would never pay for the portions of food they give you. Literally everyone I know who vouches for Chipolte has a friend who works there or has put in the time to become a regular and they receive a larger portion.

Chilis - I believe it's TGIF, AppleBees, and perhaps more that are owned by the same company. They're all decent places, but Chilis seems to have the worse menu and specials. There's no reason to not go somewhere better. They have no signature dish except for the ribs, which TGIF and AppleBees each serve but with specials.

Burgatory - I'm nitpicking now. I don't like a place with "Burg[er]" in the name only allows you to order "pink" or "not pink". The fuck? It's a burger place for people who have no idea what a good burger is. I throw a bratty fit anytime someone recommends them or says they have "the best burger around!" because they don't. It's good, nothing more. It's hurt by everything else being average on the menu, long ass waits because casuals flock there thinking it's a good burger. It's the WWE of of burger joints.

Long John Silver / KFC / Taco Bell (LKT)- The most expensive diarrhea you'll ever buy. The stereotypical LKT has low income employees who lack education, motivation, and any drive to perform even decent service. I won't blame LKT for hiring what is available, but its the situation they're in. They're sort of saved by being super cheap and knowing their own food is garbage.
I'd disagree with the first two. You made a lot of valid points about Five Guys I can't argue. However, the last sentence is nonsense. It's still a well above average burger. It's just overpriced. For Chipotle I don't understand how you could call the portions small. One burrito is pretty filling and I'm someone who can eat a ton. I'm not a regular and don't know anyone who works there. Also, if you are getting caught in the lines you're doing it wrong. It takes two trips there to realize you go before 11:40/after 1:20 and before 3:50/after 7:10. Whenever I go on a weekday there will almost never be a line.

The worst food environments to me are KFC and Old Country Buffet. You literally feel out of place eating there. It's like white trash heaven. Still...the food is good and I'll drop by every now and then. I'm definitely a food slut.

·
Premium Member
17,066 Posts
I'd disagree with the first two. You made a lot of valid points about Five Guys I can't argue. However, the last sentence is nonsense. It's still a well above average burger. It's just overpriced. For Chipotle I don't understand how you could call the portions small. One burrito is pretty filling and I'm someone who can eat a ton. I'm not a regular and don't know anyone who works there. Also, if you are getting caught in the lines you're doing it wrong. It takes two trips there to realize you go before 11:40/after 1:20 and before 3:50/after 7:10. Whenever I go on a weekday there will almost never be a line.

The worst food environments to me are KFC and Old Country Buffet. You literally feel out of place eating there. It's like white trash heaven. Still...the food is good and I'll drop by every now and then. I'm definitely a food slut.
I will die by my opinion of 5 guys.

I live in a college town. Chipolte is always packed. Till closing, the line is out the door and they have to turn people away. If I were traveling and was in a more rural, less congested town, I would probably go to Chipotle. For the most part, I shouldn't hold that against the restaurant. I also have only gone about 5-6 times, each time getting pathetic portions. Especially steak. The nearest one to me gives fist sized burritos :( (I've left shitty reviews on google and don't go back now). If their portions matched the pricing I'd eat there a ton.

Besides, Qdoba is where it's at. They don't charge for Guac!

·
Registered
555 Posts
Red Lobster is good for someone who absolutely loves seafood. But I feel the prices are too expensive for how much you get, even for seafood.

The exceptions are their pasta dishes, which are comparably priced with something you would buy in an Italian restaurant, and in the fall when they have endless shrimp.

And to be fair the rolls are excellent, which are free and all you can eat.

And I don't know if you're aware, but the real life person who the "Soup Nazi" on Seinfeld is based on opened his own chain of soup stands. The soup is good, but not nearly as good as they make it seem on the show and you can mind better soup at lots of other places.

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
I will die by my opinion of 5 guys.

I live in a college town. Chipolte is always packed. Till closing, the line is out the door and they have to turn people away. If I were traveling and was in a more rural, less congested town, I would probably go to Chipotle. For the most part, I shouldn't hold that against the restaurant. I also have only gone about 5-6 times, each time getting pathetic portions. Especially steak. The nearest one to me gives fist sized burritos :( (I've left shitty reviews on google and don't go back now). If their portions matched the pricing I'd eat there a ton.

Besides, Qdoba is where it's at. They don't charge for Guac!
Being in a college town definitely hurts. The timing still matters but it helps less.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Dennys. Worst breakfast food ever, it all tastes like frozen garbage bought from the grocery store that was reheated. Their portions have gotten way smaller over the years, and their waitresses are usually ghetto single mothers with an attitude that condescend you and look like they are miserable and hate their lives.
Most waitresses fake it at their jobs, but at Dennys they don't even try. I've been to different locations, all the same outcome. They make a good burger but that's about it tbh.

I agree with Five Guys. They are so God damn overpriced it's not even funny. Who charges $15 for a small fry and an above average double cheese burger without even a drink? I'm not usually a cheapskate but holy shit that is out of my range for food I can demolish in minutes.

Little Caesars. Grossest pizza I've had in my life, tastes like cardboard with sauce. Those frozen $3 Jack's pizzas are way better.

Imos. Only reason I'm listing it is due to their prices. The pizza is awesome, but it costs an arm and a leg to eat there for some St Louis style thin crust pizza.
A large 1 topping will cost you $15, and due to how thin the pizza is, a large is very easy to demolish by 1 person.

·
Tag Team Champion
22 Posts
Reading all these posts almost made me puke. That's why I don't visit those places anymore. Okay, maybe only if I crave french fries but nothing more. Anyway, now I'm a fan of homemade pizzas after reading this article on pizzaovenradar. I would eat anything spicy with pepper and extra cheese like cajun pizza for example o_O

·
Premium Member
4,142 Posts
Applebee's, TGI Friday's, and Chili's are the Axis of Evil for chain sit down restaurants. I have gone out by myself versus go with coworkers to these places.

Other horrible places:

Taco Bell
Chipotle (South Park covered this one well)
California Pizza Kitchen
Arby's (The Simpson's)
Red Lobster
The Cheesecake Factory
KFC
Domino’s "Pizza"

Best chain restaurant: Texas Roadhouse

·
Registered
235 Posts
Taco Bell, Long John Silver's, and Denny's certainly come to mind. Taco Bell is kinda gross, Long John Silver's too greasy, and Denny's is just average breakfast food. These places can be tasty, but that doesn't make the food 'good'.

Burger King, KFC, Subway, Little Caesars, etc, are good ones in my book. I like Little Caesars's pepperoni pizza, it tastes good and is inexpensive.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
I do not like Applebees at all..

5 Guys and Panara Bread - The food isn't bad, but it is waaaay over-priced for what it is.

Denny's, Village Inn, Bob Evans.. meh - they ain't great. Some stuff is ok. Some stuff is horrible. If you need something to shove in your face and nothing else is around they will do..

Waffle House is the house that grease built..

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Taco Bell is so damn expensive now. I'd rather go for Chipotle or Moe's. I can get either for less and they both use real meat.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Taco Bell is so damn expensive now. I'd rather go for Chipotle or Moe's. I can get either for less and they both use real meat.
I went to La Salsa last night and got 3 Gourmet Burritos with steak, 1 Chipotle Shrimp Salad, and 1 Cheese Quesadilla feeding the same people at the same price as when my wife went to Taco Bell about a week prior. I figured out I rarely go to Taco Bell is because I can get the same quantity of food but better quality from La Salsa at the same price.

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Red Lobster is good for someone who absolutely loves seafood. But I feel the prices are too expensive for how much you get, even for seafood.

The exceptions are their pasta dishes, which are comparably priced with something you would buy in an Italian restaurant, and in the fall when they have endless shrimp.

And to be fair the rolls are excellent, which are free and all you can eat.

And I don't know if you're aware, but the real life person who the "Soup Nazi" on Seinfeld is based on opened his own chain of soup stands. The soup is good, but not nearly as good as they make it seem on the show and you can mind better soup at lots of other places.
They also sell The Original Soupman soups in certain grocery stores as Grab and Go products. They sold them here for a time. Mediocre soup and vastly overpriced.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Applebee's, TGI Friday's, and Chili's are the Axis of Evil for chain sit down restaurants. I have gone out by myself versus go with coworkers to these places.

Other horrible places:

Taco Bell
Chipotle (South Park covered this one well)
California Pizza Kitchen
Arby's (The Simpson's)
Red Lobster
The Cheesecake Factory
KFC
Domino’s "Pizza"

Best chain restaurant: Texas Roadhouse
Texas Roadhouse is awesome!!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts