Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Great balls of fire is the worst but im not a fan of the ppvs named after matches, only one that gets a pass cos its awesome is royal rumble. Hell in a cell, money in the bank, fatal four way, tlc can all go. Hate them announcing matches for them cards, hell in a cell in particular you never know if said match is a hell in a cell match or just on the hell in a cell card

·
Registered
4,375 Posts
Great Balls of Fire

Aside from being a song from half a century ago, it also had a horrendous logo everyone made fun of and I can't unsee the alleged suggestion of what it looks like....

Not to mention aside from the extremely outdated reference and phallic logo, there was also the problem of the arena LED board scrolling the name could lead to a very bad camera shot.

Which is really amazing how badly they messed that up since that was also the first time this happened.

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
The obvious answer is Great Balls of Fire. That was the absolute dumbest name ever for a PPV.

Reactions: iknownothingsir

·
Registered
∞ Procrastinating Champion
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
a lot of the recent names (Roadblock, GBOF, Payback) are kind of "nothing" names. they don't get me excited the way something like "no mercy" does.

and then there's this. it's a good pun i guess but it just sounds lame and outdated. plus wtf is this poster lol
View attachment 100586

i found a very obscure one: This tuesday in texas
lmao this poster. it reminds me of something I can't remember what. i think I saw something similar in a old newspaper advertisement somewhere.

·
Registered
∞ Procrastinating Champion
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
It was bragging rights for a while but WrestleMania Backlash has over taken it.

WWE needs to stop making events revolve around WrestleMania.Make each event it’s own thing with its own hype and storylines.
Agreed.

·
alexa = greatest of all time!
Blissy's #1 fan
4,147 Posts
Hmm Taboo Tuesday
yeah it makes no sense. it's a computer theme (the replacement name cyber sunday was a much better name). what's Taboo about this event that isn't already being shown on wwe tv? or did they mean TAB-oo like tabs on the web? it's dumb.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Since it was technically a PPV, i'll go with "No Holds Barred: The Match/The Movie"

21 - 40 of 41 Posts