Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
6,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cant personally say as ive only been watching for a few years. But the roster is significantly worse than late 2020, early 2021. The only people that seem to interest me are Tony D, Carmelo and TrickBron, Gigi, Cora Jade. Most of the roster feel like low mid carders as their ceiling on the MR. Thoughts?

· Sassy Southern
Bless Your Heart
8,761 Posts
I have my issues with some of the current NXT roster but overall it's still an interesting product to me.

I do wonder how many from this current roster has any legit chance of competing for the world title(s) on the main roster. Besides Bronson...and that is one of the negative things that I have with NXT. Duke Hudson loses a lot, Odyssey Jones they seemed high on before his injury and now he's just "there", Von Wagner who even I am starting to go cold on because his NXT run hasn't been good. They try to thrust Devlin in to the NXT Championship picture but lets be real that he probably has little chance of winning the midcard titles on the main roster.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think that it's a bad thing to be in the midcard. Plenty of wrestlers have had great careers in the midcard, even if they hardly won titles. I just wonder how many could legit be competing at the top of the main roster in the future.

Losing Mandy sucked, no doubt.

I still enjoy Bronson, Toxic Attraction, Roxanne, Nikkita, Charlie Dempsey, Duke Hudson, Tiffany Stratton, Grayson Waller, Tony D, Dijak (who FINALLY was able to ditch the T-Bar name) and so on. The product overall still seems fresh and interesting, even if I dislike some of the decisions.

Reactions: Black Metal

· Registered
3,448 Posts
On the men's side it definitely lacking. Women's side is stacked and only getting better.

Women's side doesn't have the limitations and expectations the men's roster had though. There aren't many people complaining about vanilla midgets in the women's division.

The men's is in a weird place and it's not aided by the influx of UK talent that are all classic black and gold work rate but no size or physical presence. The sooner nxt Europe opens the better. We haven't seen the NIL benefits in the men's division yet that we have with the women's. There are some big guys coming through though.

Brons run has got stale and he hasn't really got hugely better. He was already at a great level though.

Waller is great, pretty deadly and the creeds are main roster ready. Dempsey in time. There is a ton of other guys that are great workers but don't see them doing much on the main roster.

The biggest problem is the lack of compelling storylines. It's just become a bit repetitive and lame.

· Registered
4,563 Posts
Psche. I didn't like the Adam Cole era for obvious reasons. Now I can get behind the likes of Dijak, Axiom, Bron Breakker, Xyon Quinn, Carmelo Hayes w/Trick Williams, Walller, Pretty Deadly, Indus Sher or the Creed Brothers. Also some of the people who were green as heck like Von Wagner are showing evident improvement.

It's probably time for a shake up, though.

· Registered
6,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
On the men's side it definitely lacking. Women's side is stacked and only getting better.

Women's side doesn't have the limitations and expectations the men's roster had though. There aren't many people complaining about vanilla midgets in the women's division.

The men's is in a weird place and it's not aided by the influx of UK talent that are all classic black and gold work rate but no size or physical presence. The sooner nxt Europe opens the better. We haven't seen the NIL benefits in the men's division yet that we have with the women's. There are some big guys coming through though.

Brons run has got stale and he hasn't really got hugely better. He was already at a great level though.

Waller is great, pretty deadly and the creeds are main roster ready. Dempsey in time. There is a ton of other guys that are great workers but don't see them doing much on the main roster.

The biggest problem is the lack of compelling storylines. It's just become a bit repetitive and lame.
The creed brothers are absolute garbage. I dont know what people see in those CAWs honestly. They are the dullest talents around and only have workrate to offer.

· Devil's Blood
6,004 Posts
Disagree but it was better years ago. 2016-2018 it was something else to me.

The women's roster is excellent.

The men's roster has a few stand outs and a lot of generic people who aren't interesting.

· None. More. Hated.
Out The Curtain, Lights Go Up, I'm Home..
17,745 Posts
There are guys like Xyon Quinn that have huge MR potential but they've been put on the back burner and relegated to jobber status so guys like Wes fuckin Lee can be champion so HBK can get off living vicariously through small dudes.

Oh and Chase U could get over big on the MR. That has potential.

· Registered
3,595 Posts
Bron is the next face of the company.

Creed Bros are gonna be the biggest tag team in the company.

Stratton/Ruca are both going to be top women.

I'm not big on pretty deadly, but they're better than half of the main roster teams.

Yes, there's trash like wes lee and Jd mcdonalds, but this roster is leagues better than the Undisputed Era era.

· Registered
1,216 Posts
Bron is the next face of the company.

Creed Bros are gonna be the biggest tag team in the company.

Stratton/Ruca are both going to be top women.

I'm not big on pretty deadly, but they're better than half of the main roster teams.

Yes, there's trash like wes lee and Jd mcdonalds, but this roster is leagues better than the Undisputed Era era.
Cora can be a huge star

1 - 18 of 18 Posts