Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
Well, Alberto Del Rio and Big Show had one of the WORST matches I can recall. They're not "great" but they're good I suppose and the match was fucking terrible. Del Rio looked like fucking Barry Stevens out there.

Great workers? Hmm......well I will likely draw heat for this, but I was not a huge fan of Daniel Bryan vs CM Punk. The IWC loves them, but they just don't interest me as a matchup honestly. Too much kicking and small stuff, not enough slams and huge clotheslines and shit.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
yeah but goldberg is an awful worker

anyways, best example i can think of Eddie vs Kurt at Summerslam 2004. Eddie was ridiculously off that night

·
Banned
6,530 Posts
HBK vs Bret from WM.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Wasn't much a fan of Jericho vs. Edge at Wrestlemania 26. Seemed very slow, although their match at Extreme Rules following it was brilliant.

·
Ho!
18,251 Posts
HBK vs Bret from WM.
This might be most overrated but I wouldn't say it's the worst. But to each his own.

For me... HBK vs. HHH 3SOH Armageddon 02... considering they tore the house down at Summerslam, and they are good-great workers in general, the match really disappoints me anytime I watch it. However in all fairness, HBK was still getting back into the groove and HHH was actually pretty mediocre at the time... so maybe the match shouldn't count. :p

·
Employee Of The Month At Dale's Dead Bug
4,725 Posts
HBK vs Bret Hart WM 12; I know that this is supposed to be a great match if not the greatest of all time but it is just a complete and absolute bore. I've watched this match at least three to five times and each time I'm put to sleep.

·
Leader of #TeamBAE
1,560 Posts
Goldberg and Brock Lesnar match at wrestlemania 20. It was horrible.
OP said "great" workers and Goldberg was awful.

Can't recall anything big, but the Championship matches at Survivor Series in 2009 were very, very bad.

·
Registered
890 Posts
I didn't see the match, but I heard Shane Douglas versus Tully Blanchard wasn't very good. This was an early ECW match and young Shane Douglas was establishing the "Franchise" name and Tully was... Tully. This had so much potential but was said to be disappointing.

·
Providing For My Family
6,868 Posts
I wasn't actually a fan of British Bulldog vs Bret Hart but I haven't watched that in a while so perhaps on another viewing I will enjoy it more.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Shawn Michaels vs. Hulk Hogan at SummerSlam 2005.

·
Registered
2 Posts
How about from Wrestlemania IV, Rick Rude vs. Jake Roberts? 15 minute draw felt like 45 minutes. So boring and they struggled mightily just to get to 15 minutes. It was honestly a 0 star match (a DUD if you will). I've seen many people give it negative stars but I personally don't get negative stars. For a match between what I consider legends who were known as ring generals, it was as horrible as it could have possibly been.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Shawn Michaels vs Triple H Hell in a Cell match from Bad Blood 2004. The match had bad pacing, no drama and no intensity. Shawn Michaels and Triple H were trying to force an epic match by going 45 minutes but they produced a very boring match. Their Last Man Standing match from Royal Rumble 2004 was just as bad.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts