Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
5,811 Posts
It's never going to get worse than Heroes of Wrestling.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I enjoyed, yes, enjoyed Hell in the Cell 2019 matches but did not like the main event. I can't stand the red light in the match, it is the worst part of the match. yes, the rule of the match was dumb too.

·
Banned
44 Posts
Post Network doesn't really count. Paying $10/month for unlimited content doesn't warrant feeling "screwed" by the ending of a show.

Paying $40 for Souled Out 1997 to watch a no contest title match from an nWo run-in like every episode of Nitro.
Paying $40 for Judgment Day 1998 to watch Steve Austin stun both competitors and call it no contest.
Paying $40 for Halloween Havoc 2000 to watch a DQ title finish and a Goldberg vs Kronik squash main event.
Paying $40 for Breaking Point 2009 to watch Undertaker vs CM Punk end in 9 minutes with another Montreal Screwjob rehash.
Paying $40 for Victory Road 2011 to watch Sting stiff squash wasted Jeff Hardy in 90 seconds.

Now that is justification for feeling screwed.

·
Registered
875 Posts
WWE Universal Champion Seth Rollins vs The Fiend (Hell in a Cell Match) Hell In a Cell 2019.

WWE Universal Champion Roman Reigns vs Braun Strowman (Hell In a Cell Match) Hell In a Cell 2018.

Team WWE vs The Nexus (5 on 5 Elimination Match) Summerslam 2010.

Triple H vs CM Punk Night Of Champions 2011.

Dean Ambrose vs Bray Wyatt (Tables Ladders And Chairs Match) TLC 2014

WWE Universal Champion Brock Lesnar vs Braun Strowman No Mercy 2017

·
Registered
95 Posts
Wrestemania 32 main event: Roman Reigns vs Triple H

Garbage main event which was boo'd the entirety of the match.

IMO the main event really should've been a fatal 4 way between Ambrose, Lesnar, Reigns and HHH.

Considering the fact that Ambrose was eliminated by HHH in the Rumble and the fact that Lesnar lost the title due to a cash in + wasn't pinned in Reigns #1 contender match, to me the story seemed to have written itself.

Having Ambrose win vs HHH at the Network special would've perfectly set it up.

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
Summerslam 2003 Elimination Chamber: Goldberg should've won the match, there is no ifs and buts about it. He came out and destroyed everyone and crowd was going crazy...HHH literally stayed in his chamber for 40mins, until Goldberg dragged him out, hit him with a couple of rights threw him in the ring, charged for the spear, HHH countered it with the hammer to the head and pinned him. That was one of the biggest BS I've ever seen.

WM 2000: refer to the OP.

KOTR 2000: After two years of feud over the WWE title, Rock/HHH finally ended with....Rock pinning Vince in a 6 man tag match.

·
alexa = greatest of all time!
3,101 Posts
in terms of sheer lack of quality probably wm32. just such a flat boring ending to an already boring card. at least in wm18 and 25, HHH had the excuse of having to follow great matches. not that time.

in terms of just screwjob/LOLWWE stuff, hell in a cell 2011 with awesome truth (yes, they really tried to push the miz and r truth as a main event heel faction) interfering and getting arrested.

Reactions: CMPunkRock316

·
alexa = greatest of all time!
3,101 Posts
another one (not a main event but a wwe title match) is EC 2010. cena wins (as always) and he, for no reason, has to face Batista. this was done solely to make cena a sympathetic 'underdog' face even though we had just endured several years of him steamrolling the entire roster. no one bought it. at least at NYR 06 they had the storyline reason of the MITB cash in. there was no reason given for batista's match.

·
Registered
7,236 Posts
Summerslam 2003 Elimination Chamber: Goldberg should've won the match, there is no ifs and buts about it. He came out and destroyed everyone and crowd was going crazy...HHH literally stayed in his chamber for 40mins, until Goldberg dragged him out, hit him with a couple of rights threw him in the ring, charged for the spear, HHH countered it with the hammer to the head and pinned him. That was one of the biggest BS I've ever seen.
Oh my god yes. That's easily one of the worst Hunter's Reign Of Terror booking decisions. There's no defending HHH on that one.

Goldberg looked like a million dollars in that match, a match tailor match for him, and HHH squashed him because The Game has to kill everyone from WCW.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Not sure if anyone mentioned Starrcade ‘90-after a lousy cage match between Sting and The Black Scorpion, the Black Scorpion was revealed to be...Ric Flair with a short haircut..

·
The Fastest of the Fastest of Jamaican Sprinters
3,873 Posts
Oh my god yes. That's easily one of the worst Hunter's Reign Of Terror booking decisions. There's no defending HHH on that one.

Goldberg looked like a million dollars in that match, a match tailor match for him, and HHH squashed him because The Game has to kill everyone from WCW.
I disagree. WWE knew Goldberg was hot and fans would pay for that one-on-one confrontation, which they got (and paid for, as did I) the very next month. It worked: Unforgiven popped its second-highest buyrate ever (after the 2000 edition) and was only 100,000 buys below SummerSlam, the closest any September PPV has EVER gotten to the SummerSlam from the preceding month. It was unquestionably a success from a business standpoint, and Triple H did the job clean despite the need to "kill everyone from WCW."

Sure, he regained the title in December, but that doesn't make the booking around Goldberg and SummerSlam inherently foolish.

41 - 60 of 66 Posts