Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Flair, Benoit, Mongo & Malenko

Votes: 9 23.7%
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would you say is the worst incarnation of the Horsemen of all time?

Personally, I strongly disliked the Horsemen with Paul Roma as apart of the group. Had to be the worst of all time.

But what are your opinions??

·
Do they have Krusty's Partially Gelatinated, Non-D
2,722 Posts
The 1989 version with Flair Kendell Windham, Michael Hayes, Butch Reed and Hiro Matsuta.

·
Banned
914 Posts
Wasn't old enough to have caught the older revisions of the group but the one with Paul Roma seems to get a lot of flack.

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
Everyone and their mother will say the one with Roma, but I have to say the one with Sting. I mean, just...Sting...as a Horseman...it just doesn't sit at all. Sting obviously is a legend, but Sting as a Horseman just seems wrong. Like if The Rock joined DX or something. Just fucking wrong.

·
Premium Member
15,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Everyone and their mother will say the one with Roma, but I have to say the one with Sting. I mean, just...Sting...as a Horseman...it just doesn't sit at all. Sting obviously is a legend, but Sting as a Horseman just seems wrong. Like if The Rock joined DX or something. Just fucking wrong.
Sting as a Horseman was right around the time I began watching wrestling and I thought he fit well with the group. I would consider him an associate of The Horsemen and that is what catapulted him into the top spot of WCW for the next 10 years.

·
Premium Member
15,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Roma > Mongo and that guy.
Are you serious?

Roma had to be the worst member of the Horsemen ever. He was nothing more than enhancement talent, that obviously "played protocol" to get a job in the WWF. He actually thinks he was bigger than the Horsemen.

And, I think "that guy" and Malenko where the best additions to the Horsemen since the initial group, as they fit well with Flair, as sort of like his "goons".

·
ROWDY RODDY PIPER
10,967 Posts
I have to agree with this one. There was just something weird about Sting being in the group....like a 'third wheel' kind of feeling....I dunno, it didn't really fit for me. He seemed a little out of place for some reason.

·
Banned
882 Posts
Wasn't Jeff Jarrett a Horseman too?

During the late 90s, Benoit and Melenko were worthy but Arn retired and was just hanging around after '96 and Flair really didn't do much then either. Mongo just sucked all around.

·
Registered
8,365 Posts
the last one for sure , that was when the horsemen was a complete shell of what it used to be

I always think of Flair and Arn were to the horsemen what Eazy E and Ice Cube were to NWA , they were the first that pops in your mind when you think of the horsemen , certainly not Malenko or Mongo

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Definitely the incarnation that included Roma, because it was just three of them. I mean, I know when they introduced Roma at Slamboree that Ole was right there, but you never saw him after that. It was just weird.

Yes, some of the late WCW versions of the Horsemen just felt whored out, but they at least had talented workers. And I truly didn't mind the version with Sid, that group was pure power. And you still had Flair, Arn, and Windham.

But a version where Arn and Roma tagged for a few months and Flair was out doing his own thing and they never really had interviews together as the Horsemen, it was just extremely out of place.

·
Premium Member
15,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Definitely the incarnation that included Roma, because it was just three of them. I mean, I know when they introduced Roma at Slamboree that Ole was right there, but you never saw him after that. It was just weird.

Yes, some of the late WCW versions of the Horsemen just felt whored out, but they at least had talented workers. And I truly didn't mind the version with Sid, that group was pure power. And you still had Flair, Arn, and Windham.

But a version where Arn and Roma tagged for a few months and Flair was out doing his own thing and they never really had interviews together as the Horsemen, it was just extremely out of place.
Seems like the reason Ole left was because he thought the Horsemen would never be what it used to be and was PISSED of the thought of Paul Roma being a member of the group.

I wonder who the hell thought that Roma was a Horseman was a good idea?

·
Premium Member
15,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Was Larry Zabyscko ever a Horseman because when I was real little I think I remember him being apart of it for a little while.
I'm thinking you are referring to when he and Arn teamed up regularly but at this point, the Horseman where no more and Flair was in WWE.

EDIT: I remember in 1991 or 1992, Zbyszko and Anderson both being part of the Dangerous Alliance and competing against Sting's team at War Games and Zbyszko cost his team the match by hitting either Anderson or Eaton with a pole, causing them to surrender. Can't remember exactly but I want to say it was Zbyszko, Anderson, Bobby Eaton, Rick Rude and Steve Austin representing the DA, which I thought was a damn good stable.

·
Banned
3,223 Posts
The greatest has to be flair, arm, tully, and Windham. The others all pretty much suck. The ones with Benoit and malenko in it were not so good because aa was retired and it had mongo in it which made it instantly suck. Plus bad storylines in the latest versions.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts