Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Eating Doritos In My Mom's Basement. A Crawl Space
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
There's a best finisher of 2013 thread, so I made a worst of list.

5. Erick Rowan (Running Jump Splash)

It's not a bad move, and he executes it well, it just seems tremendously out of place for the character. A member of the Wyatt Family shouldn't have the same finisher as Brodus Clay.

4. The Miz (Figure Four)

First off, how is it possible to botch a figure four? I could pull off a well executed figure four when I was 10. Also, who's idea was it to make The Miz, Ric Flair's protege?

3. Bo Dallas (Bo Dazzler)

There's absolutely nothing impactful about this move. Bo Dallas' finisher is just one part of a long list of things he has to work on if he hopes to get called up again. And why would a wrestler have a move named after bedazzling?

2. Santino Marella (Cobra)

While the Cobra is good comedy when it's sold well, it's also at the top of the list of why it's sometimes embarrassing to watch wrestling with non-wrestling fans.

1. Mojo Rawley (Rear View? Seated Senton)

Mojo Rawley has everything it takes to be a major star. He's charismatic, and he's ridiculously athletic (Former NFL player, Benched 36 reps of 225lbs, is 6'3, 300+ lbs and ran a 4.7 40-yard dash). He's about the closest thing to Brock Lesnar that the WWE has athletically, which makes it all the more confusing as to why he chose the moveset of Naomi from the Funkadactyls to begin his career. When you're that strong and that fast, your ass can't be the most dangerous part of your body.

Are there finisher's more deserving of being on this list? Should any of these have been excluded?

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
I entirely agree on Rowan's finisher. The guy should really do a powerbomb or something but I don't think WWE want someone his height to powerbomb guys on a regular basis.

The Cobra is an alright finisher. It does what it's meant to and it's just for fun. No high end guys are jobbing to it so it's not that problematic. It's better to have a move solely used for comedic purposes than have a legitimate finisher like a chokeslam used as a comedic finisher imo.

Bo deserves credit on that powerslam variant. It was really well done for a guy his size, and against a guy Barrett's size (good bump by Barrett too - really well timed rotation), it's one of the things he does in the ring that is actually fairly decent.

I don't think mentioning The Miz' Figure4 is fair because he botched it once. Granted it was a horrible botch (and lol at Ziggler for selling it) and it's pathetic someone with years in wrestling fucks up one of the most simple to perform submissions ever, but I wouldn't say it's in the bottom 5.

Entirely agree on Rawley's finisher though. Something much more fitting considering he's basically downing jobbers all of the time right now is definitely a running powerslam. The guy should have no problem doing that and it fits his character more than some ass bumps.
Not to mention he seems to be a fairly good talker (though I'm not sure if the Susan G. Komen ads can be considered a good indication of that) and shouldn't be stuck in a comedy role if that's what they're planning.

I couldn't think of my own list because I don't really think many look that bad, but Paige's Page Turner is a really horrible move. No impact because the divas are so light, too quick and just generally messy what with the hair covering the impact anyway. :lol

·
Registered
517 Posts
Big shows is still by far the worst. I dont know if he started using it in 2013 or not, but it still deserves a mention. How that is a knockout punch, i have no idea.

·
Locker Room Leader
12,168 Posts
Paige Turner.

·
Banned
1,549 Posts
Most times I would say The Cobra is the worst. However Big Show's KO punch and Miz's Figure 4 are, quite frankly, embarassing.

·
WeeWoo WeeWoo
20,073 Posts
I can't and will never like the GTS or the AA. They both look ineffective and stupid, imho. I feel like both Cena and Punk are capable of having better looking finishers.

·
HOPE
13,221 Posts
I still find it odd seeing Miz using a figure four. It just doesn't seem right.

On that theme, the skull crushing finale it still awful. It just looks like it has no impact whatsoever. The name doesn't help either.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
The paige turner and also Ambrose finisher deserve to be on this list above any of the others.

Rowans finisher makes sense for someone that large. And the Figure foour is an iconic finishing move, You picked the one time Miz fk'd it up to argue it...

Take those 2 out and put in Ambrose's "Bro-Hug side arm noogie bomb driver" and Paige's Paige turner aka the worst move on the roster and this thread might not die off cause people will agree.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts