Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Between the Attitude Adjustment and Barett's Wasteland?I know they're basically got the same move but both imo are just so lame.I mean theyre both variations of a firemans carry and not even in the old days that was never a finisher.

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Between the Attitude Adjustment and Barett's Wasteland?I know they're basically got the same move but both imo are just so lame.I mean theyre both variations of a firemans carry and not even in the old days that was never a finisher.
In the old days, it was a finisher.

It fits both of them, it's lame yes but so are a lot of moves when you really think about them. Some of the most deadliest looking are actually just variations of wrestlers falling carefully to the ground.

Plus, they're both big guys, falling from that height with a push will certainly take the wind out of you if you aren't prepared.

·
#RiseAbove
1,471 Posts
Wasteland.

For now anyway. Once he does it in a different dynamic (off a turnbuckle, through a table, anything), I'll re-evaluate.

Half the time, the look of the impact is hit or miss, wildly inconsistent.

Oh yeah, inb4 lame 'Edge spear is weak' response

·
Registered
333 Posts
I prefer the AA because sometimes when Barrett does it (like this past Monday on RAW to Orton) it just doesn't seem like he puts enough oomph into it and it comes off looking a little weak in my opinion. On smaller guys he can stand there and dump there with force and make it look powerful, but with bigger guys I think he should drop to his belly or knees when slamming them down to add that extra element of power to it.

·
Bowing down to the BEAST INCARNATE
4,564 Posts
Attitude Adjustment.

Cena is so careful with his opponent that I still, to this day, don't see the whole point of the hold. Other than it is a poor man's version of a DVD.... or even worst. A Super Fireman's Carry Slam! Wow....

·
Proud Pastafarian =)
4,051 Posts
R Truth's

*close thread

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
They are both bad, I think barrett's is worse. Cena's doesn't look like it hurts at all, but the wasteland just looks like shit, It's not cool at all. They should bring back the basic piledriver and Just give that to someone. Its been gone so long, that it would probably get over as a finisher now.

·
Banned
885 Posts
They are both bad, I think barrett's is worse. Cena's doesn't look like it hurts at all, but the wasteland just looks like shit, It's not cool at all. They should bring back the basic piledriver and Just give that to someone. Its been gone so long, that it would probably get over as a finisher now.
That would be pretty tight actually.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Honestly, both are equally bad. In a world of shooting star presses and tombstone pilledrivers and RKOs, the fireman's carry just isn't a convincing finisher anymore.

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
For all the injuries suffered, I can see why it was banned. I can see it getting over though, definitely.

Full Nelson got over :)

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
Wasteland & AA are pretty cool , and beleivable finishers (You get slammed from like 6-7 feet up and of course that could well keep someone down for a measly 3 seconds)

Playmaker & The Botchtunga slam are the real worst finishers

·
Banned
2,954 Posts
Someone said Barrett's Wasteland looks weak on bigger superstars. Umm... have you seen the AA on bigger superstars? It looks ridiculousy weak, all he does is lean a little until the opponent slips off

·
Registered
970 Posts
Someone said Barrett's Wasteland looks weak on bigger superstars. Umm... have you seen the AA on bigger superstars? It looks ridiculousy weak, all he does is lean a little until the opponent slips off
seriously??
How 'bout trying to carry the Big Show or Mark Henry on your shoulders and see if you can still move as normal.
The Biggest of guys will always affect finishers like this. John Cena does insanely well to manage those finishers even close to how he normally does. (for a comparison see Barrett trying to do his finisher on Henry.

For me, allow though it looks like it hurts more, the Wastelands is the worse finisher (out of those two). There's just no style to it. Maybe once he's been able to do it on his own, to finish matches more often then it will have the same impact.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts