Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What do you guys think was the worst day? You have 9/11, pearl harbor, JFK getting shot. Imo it's between 9/11 and JFK getting shot. What hurt the country more? Is there another event i am missing?

·
Saucin'
16,178 Posts
You three are SO funny!

Seriously, it's likely the White House being burned down, or the stock market crash. There are also many other horrible events (Trail of Tears, for example) that had a negative impact on the nation, but those took place over time.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Whatever day will be chosen will be nothing compared to most parts of the world's history, yet blown out of proportion by Americans.

Reactions: Stuart82

·
The Sundance Kid
18,632 Posts
The first time Europeans settlers walked onto the soil.
the USA is the name of the government, which didn't exist at that time.

Start of the Spanish-American War and the establishment of the Federal Reserve. Two p. awful days when you consider the legacy of each. The start of an interventionist policy that's caused millions of deaths. The steady and complete devaluation of the US dollar. Disastrous stuff.

·
Banned
9,032 Posts
I could name the date of birth of someone American, but I can't pick which date is worst.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
I'm not american but i would mention Marthin Luther King assasination.

If you take natural disasters in account also Galveston Hurricane and the earthquake of San Francisco

·
40,798 Posts
If you really want to look at bad times, look at longer periods of time.

"Darkest hour" is just a figure of speech.

Whatever day will be chosen will be nothing compared to most parts of the world's history, yet blown out of proportion by Americans.
Agreed. Since we're so amazing, our worst isn't even close to everyone else's. Our worst is often most people's best.

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
Every Monday is a tie.

Reactions: padraic

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
One of the worst days in history was when 80% of San Francisco was destroyed:

The San Francisco earthquake of 1906 was a major earthquake that struck San Francisco and the coast of Northern California at 5:12 a.m. on Wednesday, April 18, 1906. Devastating fires broke out in the city and lasted for several days. As a result of the quake and fires, about 3,000 people died and over 80% of San Francisco was destroyed.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts