Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today is without a doubt the worst day I've had as a fan, I'm a Coventry City Football fan and today we were relegated to League 1, for the first time since 1964. I'm absolutely gutted mostly because the players showed very little fight and desire and I fear we will be stuck in League 1 for a long time to come.

What are other people's worst day as a fan?

·
Not Everybody Likes Us
473 Posts
one yard short.

My favorite sports team being the Tennessee Titans, I remember watching their only super bowl appearance, and staring at the tv in disbelief when on the last play of the game, down by one score, they came up one yard short of scoring and forcing overtime.

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts
In recent memory:

June 17, 2010.

NBA Finals Game 7.

January 16, 2011.
The Patriots are knocked out of the playoffs by the fucking ...... ass Jets.

·
......................... .
7,776 Posts
21/05/2008

(Day/Month/Year)

:terry

recently it was probably the 6-1 loss to city, i wouldnt say the loss to barca, as it was expected barca would win so wasnt such a surprise compared to the city loss

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Two for me;

The day Leicester City got relegated from the Championship to league 1. I sympathize with the O.P, it is fucking horrible but you just have to cling to the hope you will bounce back.

When Arsenal lost the Champions League final to Barcelona in 2006.

Both were fucking heartbreaking.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
24 May 2009. Newcastle getting relegated to the Championship. The minute the ball went into our own goal off Duff's shin my heart sunk.

But it proved to be a blessing in disguise. Won the Championship just 2 years ago on this past Thursday, a season where we finished with a record 102 points and only 4 defeats all season. Now, two years on we sit fourth in the Premiership.

Another dark day would be the passing of Sir Bobby and Gary Speed.

·
You're Pretty Good
9,818 Posts
6-1 to City, was bad but not as catastrophic as made out.

Going out 4-4 to Bayern in 2010 was horrible and the last minute loss to Porto in 2004. Both of those games just left me numb.

·
Premium Member
14,529 Posts

:terry

recently it was probably the 6-1 loss to city, i wouldnt say the loss to barca, as it was expected barca would win so wasnt such a surprise compared to the city loss
No need to run it in :(

What about the 09 loss? I thought United had that final locked.

·
......................... .
7,776 Posts
6-1 to City, was bad but not as catastrophic as made out.

Going out 4-4 to Bayern in 2010 was horrible and the last minute loss to Porto in 2004. Both of those games just left me numb.
yeah i remember i was pissed off with rafael getting sent off for two stupid booking i seem to remember

probably more annoyed with darren fletcher's sending off in the semi final

·
DreamWeapon
15,249 Posts
Today. :D

We've lost our desire.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts

United just went to shit after Eto'o scored. Barca should have won that game by a lot more.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts

·
EIRE
15,862 Posts
Only one that comes to mind: August 7th, 2010. Anderson Silva Vs. Chael Sonnen for the Middleweight Title. The adrenaline dump I experienced when Sonnen tapped was one of the biggest in my entire life.

·
Super Moderator
25,861 Posts
Over the last year or so two come to mind immediately:

January 23, 2011: Packers beat the Bears in Chicago to go to the Superbowl.

May 26, 2011: Heat beat the Bulls, also in Chicago, to advance to the NBA finals.

·
1,973 Posts
I'm A Rangers fan, until recent times it was losing the UEFA Cup final in 2008 after the run we had went on, as such big underdogs against everyone, but we went into Administration in February, so there have been some really worrying, bad days since then... But were still going!! And we still managed to beat Celtic and sell out every match. :). We'll survive, as long as the administrators don't sell us to the American. :)

·
===Valar Morghulis===
6,038 Posts
There's quite a few, some sting more because they're more recent & others feel like they happened yesterday instead of years ago:

-Cundiff fucks up a .00000001 yard FG against the Patriots

-Ravens ousted by the Steelers 31 - 24 2010 Season

-Connecticut 79, Duke 78 2003 - 2004 Final Four. Losing by a f'n POINT

-Duke loses 93 - 77 to ARIZONA as a #1 Seed

-Lakers swept by the Jazz in the Conference Finals 97 - 98 season

-Lakers molested by the Pistons 4 - 1 in the Finals 03 - 04 season

-Losing in the Finals to the bitch ass Celtics 07 -08 Season

Other losses piss me off but these? These set my fucking teeth on edge.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts