Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
12,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any? I'm not talking about bad calls of matches, I'm talking about just one line said by an announcer that made you grit your teeth and contemplate hitting a bottle, it was so bad.

Honestly, there's some things I can forgive. I know Art Donovan was terrible, but he wasn't a full time guy and by the 8th time he asked "how much does this guy weigh?" you couldn't help but laugh. Similarly, Rob Bartlett was annoying as hell, and he had some real doozies, but he was there temporarily and only cared about cracking jokes to get himself over. I tried to limit my scope to real announcers who made wrestling calls (not bad jokes) that were flat out terrible.

My #1 is probably Todd Grisham and his "Its...its Christian..." line. That was a big moment, one of WWE's home grown talents coming back after doing really well in another organization...and that line fucking ruined the moment. No emotion at all, didn't hype it up whatsoever, its like he had the slight misfortune of stepping on gum. "Why's my shoe sticky? Its...its gum." Pathetic.

Michael Cole has had tons of fuck ups, too. Too many to count. I remember he once said "Triple H wants Y2J and Y2J wants Chris Jericho!" And of course, he constantly messes up moves or says something else I hate, "what's that?" or "great move!" Ugh.

·
Premium Member
5,014 Posts
Anything from Michael Cole circa 2008-2010. The amount of botches hes made during commentary in those years were off the charts. It became a running gag with the amount of fuck-ups on commentary he has made. This one is the most comical:

Mark Madden during his color commentary days in WCW also said some pretty stupid shit on commentary. One of the worst announcers ever.

·
Registered
12,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
"Listen to the fans chanting 'Lets Go Sheamus!'" :lawler
I think he topped that at Battleground, the fans were chanting for tables and Lawler says "RVD is listening to the fans, we want chairs!"

·
Premium Member
1,774 Posts
Can't remember too much old stuff but recently, JBL making a big deal about about the ref not counting when Brie and Naomi were on top of each other when it was a spot for Natalya to double Sharpshooter them. Or on a recent episode of Raw when the announcers stopped calling the match so JBL told Michael "Call the match" and Cole replied, "No you wanna be color and play by play go ahead".

·
Registered
8,509 Posts
I think he topped that at Battleground, the fans were chanting for tables and Lawler says "RVD is listening to the fans, we want chairs!"
:lol, I must have missed that.

I still think the Sheamus one was worse though. You've got a ridiculously overpushed face who isn't getting over, the fans are clearly and overwhelmingly chanting for his opponent and so they try to compensate by having Lawler flat out lie and claim that the reaction is in favor of Sheamus? What the fuck were they trying to achieve, what possible outcome were they hoping for other than making people dislike Sheamus even more? Anyone with working ears could tell that they were chanting for Ziggler, it was just stupid on so many levels. Apart from anything else, Ziggler was hugely over, to try and deprive him of that and pretend it was Sheamus that was getting that reaction was insulting to all parties. Just complete idiotic, backwards, WWE 2012 booking.

·
Registered
12,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You guys should check out a video collection on YouTube called "Michael Cole is a vintage dumbass". Its nothing but Cole botches.

My god, they've been going on since the 90s! And they STILL stick with him? At least Lawler had a period where he was really good. Cole has sucked from day one.

"Don't forget, Edge won the 2010 Royal Rumble, and for his title match at Wrestlemania, he's chosen to face his former tag team partner and friend, Edge." fpalm

·
Registered
3,067 Posts

·
Banned
136 Posts
-Ziggler in a match with Swagger with Zeb Coulter on the ring apron. Crowd chants "We want Ziggler!"

King: Is the crowd chanting we want Coulter? :lawler

-Khali and Santino vs The Real Americans. Crowd chants "USA USA USA"

King: Is the crowd chanting USA for Khali? :lawler

:punk7

·
ゴゴゴゴゴゴ&#
3,168 Posts
Jerry Lawler saying "Come at me bro" during a Shield segment has got to be one of the WORST and most cringeworthy things I've had the misfortune of listening to in pro wrestling.

·
Registered
12,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Jerry Lawler saying "Come at me bro" during a Shield segment has got to be one of the WORST and most cringeworthy things I've had the misfortune of listening to in pro wrestling.
When did this happen?? :lmao

·
Premium Member
5,839 Posts
This...

I think Lawler's recent work should go down as some of the worst EVER.

WHY?

Because he is so damn set on being the nice guy commentator that he really says stupid ass shit. He is fucking terrible...

·
Premium Member
5,839 Posts
-Ziggler in a match with Swagger with Zeb Coulter on the ring apron. Crowd chants "We want Ziggler!"

King: Is the crowd chanting we want Coulter? :lawler

-Khali and Santino vs The Real Americans. Crowd chants "USA USA USA"

King: Is the crowd chanting USA for Khali? :lawler

:punk7
:StephenA

Wish he'd fucking retire, he spends too much time trying to not confuse the "WWE Universe", but just comes off as an idiot.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts