Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
9,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Which group's ending was worse? Neither of them put the young up and coming talent over and dissolved on their own. In fact, in the MEM vs Frontline storyline, it was going ok when Frontline was lead by Joe and AJ, but for some reason they had Rhino join frontline and he became the leader instantly. Then they had Team 3d join Frontline. Then they had Jarrett and Mick Foley also join. Samoa Joe turned crazy for some reason and got a dumb tattoo on his head, and then later actually joined MEM. Mick Foley took the belt from Sting at one point rather than a Frontline guy. Sting and later Kurt Angle both decided to turn face on their own following ppv after ppv of them burying the TNA originals and that's what ended MEM.

In the TNA vs Immortal storyline, Hogan turned face after losing to Sting at BFG and that's what ended Immortal. And Fortune only left Immortal in the first place because Booker T and Kevin Nash joined WWE instead and they had no other options. Otherwise AJ Styles, Kazarian, and Beer Money were supposed to be helping the ex-WWE guys who overthrew their boss and were burying the X-Division making the storyline even dumber.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
I think it was a sad attempt on TNA's part trying to do their own DX thing.... :confused:

·
Registered
895 Posts
I think it was a sad attempt on TNA's part trying to do their own DX thing.... :confused:
What you mean by DX Thing, cause none of the groups had anything similar to DX, one was unique, the MEM, and the other was a copy of the NWO only in TNA.

Anyways, Immortal shouldn't have started to begin with, and MEM was poorly handled in the last year of its existence.

·
Registered
9,861 Posts
MEM. The Immortal storyline was fucked over due to accidents, aka Jeff Hardy's drug problems and Nash & Booker T not re-signing. MEM was fucked over due to stupidity and shitty booking. It should have been simple. You build, build, build the bad guys (MEM) and then the young/good guys come in and rise to the occasion to reclaim TNA and lead it to the future.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
What you mean by DX Thing, cause none of the groups had anything similar to DX, one was unique, the MEM, and the other was a copy of the NWO only in TNA.

Anyways, Immortal shouldn't have started to begin with, and MEM was poorly handled in the last year of its existence.
i was referring to AJ, Kazarian and Beer Money. AJ=Triple H, Kazarian=HBK Beer Money= Billy Gun and Road Dog

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
MEM because they were worth watching so it was a bit of a letdown plus they had opportunities with World Elite and the frontline to end them

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Frontline

- After Against All Odds 2009 the group seem to have dissappeard. Rhino & Joe were taken out, Styles was fueding with Booker & Team 3D were fueding with BMI.
- They reform with Styles, BMI, Young & Daniels in a 10-man tag team match, Young turned on them forming the World Elite.
- After W.E. formed an alliance with the M.E.M it seemed to be W.E/M.E.M vs. Everyone else.

M.E.M

- At B4G 2009 Kurt turned face & Nash/Booker lost the Tag Team titles.
On the next IMPACT Angle cut a promo putting over the young wrestlers.

I say Frontline had the worst ending, at least with Angle's face turn there was a signified end to at least his involvment in the M.E.M

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
The Frontline sucked and were buried because they didn't make for interesting television. If they wanted a group of young guys it should have been less and the group should have had some sort of theme.

The Main Event Mafia is the best stable in pro wrestling in the last 5 years, the group had a purpose and they had a chemistry together that made for good television. I thought they could have gone on a bit longer and had a better/more definitive ending. I think if Hogan had come in and joined the Mafia that would have been far better than what they ended up doing with him in TNA.

·
Registered
894 Posts
MEM storyline was good but TNA fvcked up when they turned Joe heel in slammiversary of 2009.

Slammiversary 2009 = Worst moment in TNA history

·
Premium Member
44,440 Posts
Immortal's was worse. That thing continued a good six months after Hogan turned face and it just dwindled into something pathetic. It basically became Gunner, Bischoff, & Flair by the end with Ray, Daniels, & Kaz thrown in at the tail end just to do Lethal Lockdown.

To be honest though, neither group was stellar.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
I enjoyed how MEM was created but they lack of faith in the young talent killed the angle.

Immortal, just the name makes me sick.
By far the worst stable in TNA history and I see sharkboy, EY and curry man group as a stable.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Prince Justice Brotherhood > pretty much every stable in TNA history!!!

Immortal was worst. If I remember correctly at BFG only Angle won. Nash lost to EY, Booker/Steiner lost FMM and Joe lost to Lashley. So Angle declaring done and saying the Youth are his peers and his equal was a rather fitting end. Steiner walking around thinking Mafia are still around was golden!

Immortal? Pfft fuck it!! So much to say so little time.

·
The human torch was denied a bank loan.
7,576 Posts
Everything about Immortal's run is pathetic and it just.....went away. It never really got an ending.

·
Registered
8,769 Posts
I liked MEM.. Immortal was also nice until Jeff hardy fucked up. I liked the whole Immortal revolving around the anti-christ of pro-wrestling thing. It was fresh and entertaining to some extent.

But I agree, neither one of those stables helped any young talent. When they could have done it massively. Instead something like BFG series made 2 solid maineventers for them, which was quite unexpected.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts