Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I've gone all through google and tried to find some recent news on the new wrestling promotion called WWP which claims to have heavy financial backers such as Milton Wilpon. Ever since that announcement that they had to push their debut until this upcoming January of 2011, there has been absolutely nothing heard from them. It's been very very quiet for a little while now (not sure if that's good or bad)

There's not much discussion on this board about this promotion which I hope can compete with WWE the way TNA should have. This isn't the days of wrestling territories, I think a new promotion has the chance to rise very quickly in today's day and age. Look at all the reality shows and junk TV that get huge rating in key TV demos.

Just some questions to start...What are your expectations for this new promotion, what would you like to see from it? Does this company even exist, or has this been a joke since the beginning?

·
Banned
295 Posts
Last I heard it already exploded and was no longer going to happen and wrestlers were pulling out. That was about a month ago. I distinctly remember a pretty big Twitter ordeal with a lot of face-saving attempts.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
The name is awful.

·
Banned
10,007 Posts
Plans were pushed back until the new year. Originally they had hoped for it all to be up and running by January, but when they realised that it wasn't 100% ready they changed the launch-date. They're playing it safe which we should commend them for.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Partial Source: Pwinsider

-- The Worldwide Wrestling Promotions upstart in Florida looks to be dead even before it got started. None of the wrestlers or even those in management capacities that were set to work with the project have had any communication in months with those organizing the promotion.

LOL at all the TNA haters that said this was going to kill TNA and were so sure of it lol lol lol

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
i can only imagine what this would have been like,Vader vs Sean Waltman, Gangrel and Kevin Thorne critiquing Twilight, the x division being reborn(if rumours were true) and maybe even a womens division that isnt a glorified Moulon Rouge

1 - 12 of 12 Posts