Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me
8,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It became official during last night’s broadcast of “ROH on HDNet” (http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/roh-on-hdnet-recap/), ROH World TV Champion Christopher Daniels will defend the World TV Title at the “9th Anniversary Show” on Saturday night February 26th against the only other man to hold that belt, Eddie Edwards! Not only that, but the rematch will be contested under 2/3 Falls Rules as per a challenge from Edwards himself when he stated no one can beat him twice in the same night. In addition, ROH officials have decided to extend the usual 15-minute time limit for TV Title bouts to a 30-minute limit to truly settle this!

But the question must be posed: does Daniels have Edwards number?

On the January 31st episode of “ROH on HDNet”, Christopher Daniels claimed his first singles title in ROH when he bested Edwards during the overtime period of their World TV Title bout but that wasn’t their first encounter. On May 8, 2010 at “Supercard of Honor V”, in one of Daniels’ first matches after returning to ROH, “The Fallen Angel” defeated “The American Wolf” in a non-title bout.

“Eddie Edwards is a hell of an athlete.” stated Daniels, “He has pushed me to my limit on two occasions now, and forced me to exceed those limits each time. He was the champion that established this TV title, that made it a true wrestling title, but I am the man that will elevate to a whole new level. In Chicago Eddie, we will push each other once again. We will force each other to be at our absolute best for possibly three falls. But have no doubts Eddie, I will still walk away as the champion, and that is your gospel according to the Fallen Angel.”

Edwards is coming off a highly successful tour of Pro Wrestling NOAH where he nearly claimed the GHC Jr. Heavyweight Title from champion Kotaro Suzuki, and would love nothing more than to return to ROH by reclaiming the TV Title. Can the former champion break the curse of “The Fallen Angel”? Be there live to see for yourself (http://www.rohstore.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=201), or if you can’t be there in person, order it LIVE courtesy of GoFightLive.TV (http://www.gofightlive.tv/Events/Fight/Wrestling/ROH__The_9th_Anniversary_Show/920)! Daniels vs. Edwards, 2/3 Falls, 30-Minute Time Limit! Who will leave Chicago Ridge with the belt???

·
Registered
754 Posts
Took them long enough to put some emphasis on the TV title and develop an actual program over it

Match should be great though, it's probably the most high profile TV title match yet and I can't wait to see it live in Chicago! The card is really shaping up!

·
Banned
4,257 Posts
I would be perfectly fine with Strong vs. Homicide opening the show. Every other match looks so much more interesting. Even an Eddie Edwards match.

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
FUCK YES! This is what the card was missing, a strong singles match with two guys who can go. I'm not really sold on Roddy vs. Cide, but I am now sold on the show as a whole. Hopefully Roddy and Homicide make up for Homicides rust by being stiff as fuck too.

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
Isnt Homicide challenging for the belt?

·
I'M A WOLF BEAST GUY
5,247 Posts
Isnt Homicide challenging for the belt?
The World Title. This is the TV Title.

Quite looking forward to this. Love a bit of 2/3 Falls to add a bit of 'Old School' flavour to what is essentially a throwback title to 80s NWA anyway.

·
Banned
8,283 Posts
Don't care for Eddie Edwards at all and thought maybe ROH would push that new Prodigy guy but I can't say this match won't be an awesome MOTYC. Anything but a top ten match of the year so far would be a total dismantlement. I would have actually preferred to see Kenny Omega get a rematch from their Death Before Dishonor match. Up and down this card is looking very good. I don't get how some people say this will be their "throwaway" ippv of the year when it's the 9th Anniversary in Chicago.

I'm gonna go try to see if theres any new ROH backstage exclusive Youtube clips as I enjoyed the last ones with All Night Express doing that promo at night outside and the Bravado Brothers vignette.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
Should be great match. It's always good to see Daniels.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts