Wrestling Forum banner

Which MLB team will be the next to win their first World Series title in franchise history.

• Seattle Mariners

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas Rangers

• Tampa Bay Rays

• San Diego Padres

• Colorado Rockies

• Milwaukee Brewers

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters
161 - 180 of 365 Posts

·
The Fastest of the Fastest of Jamaican Sprinters
3,897 Posts
Re: TRADES: Astros get Greinke so they just won the World Series

Bo Bichette doubled again tonight, his 9th straight game with a double, which hasn't happen since before 1900.

He's 21 and has played 11 MLB games.
I haven't followed baseball closely for several years...do my Jays actually have a future?

·
The EST of NXT
28,865 Posts
Re: The Streets of San Francisco A-Rod Rental Car Robbery Whodunit

Why do the Yankees continue to invest everything into their bats while perpetually ignoring their mediocre pitching? Have they learned nothing from their last two years of shortcomings? All those home runs look cute in the regular season until you run into the best pitchers in the league during the playoffs. It's inexcusable that they got no starting pitcher before the trade deadline two weeks ago.

·
40,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #163 (Edited)

I haven't followed baseball closely for several years...do my Jays actually have a future?
Not really. They have the sons of DANTE and VLAD, but those two won't be enough to do anything to the Sox and Yanks. If having a future is watching two potential Hall of Famers then yes, there is a future. Both are so young a lot can happen around them too so you never know.

Why do the Yankees continue to invest everything into their bats while perpetually ignoring their mediocre pitching? Have they learned nothing from their last two years of shortcomings? All those home runs look cute in the regular season until you run into the best pitchers in the league during the playoffs. It's inexcusable that they got no starting pitcher before the trade deadline two weeks ago.
I'm not sure what they could've done really. No one knew that the Dbacks would just give away Greinke...except the Stros. It also could've been one of those deals where the Dbacks said give me X and the Yanks said nah and the Dbacks refused to take anyone else but X.

At any rate you need multiple aces to contend with the Houston staff. It's pretty stupid. NYY's only ace has been hurt all year. So even if they had traded for some starters, they probably still lose to Houston, and they lost prospects for nothing. Yankees are still really young. They got quite a few years to complete the starting pitching.

And you just need to play good enough to get to October. Then if you happen to be playing your best you can win it since small samples rule October.

·
The EST of NXT
28,865 Posts

Not really. They have the sons of DANTE and VLAD, but those two won't be enough to do anything to the Sox and Yanks. If having a future is watching two potential Hall of Famers then yes, there is a future. Both are so young a lot can happen around them too so you never know.

I'm not sure what they could've done really. No one knew that the Dbacks would just give away Greinke...except the Stros. It also could've been one of those deals where the Dbacks said give me X and the Yanks said nah and the Dbacks refused to take anyone else but X.

At any rate you need multiple aces to contend with the Houston staff. It's pretty stupid. NYY's only ace has been hurt all year. So even if they had traded for some starters, they probably still lose to Houston, and they lost prospects for nothing. Yankees are still really young. They got quite a few years to complete the starting pitching.

And you just need to play good enough to get to October. Then if you happen to be playing your best you can win it since small samples rule October.
We are on the same wave length about the Astros. I'm just afraid that the Yankees will show out all season just to get struck out when it matters and have no answer for it.

·
40,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #165

We are on the same wave length about the Astros. I'm just afraid that the Yankees will show out all season just to get struck out when it matters and have no answer for it.
That's likely. Pitching usually dominates the post season.

Yankees don't have terrible starters. They aren't elite, though Paxton's K rate is certainly elite, but they can potentially be good enough to win a World Series if the bats aren't totally shut down. Of course compare them to the Dodgers or the Astros, then yeah, it's not great lol.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,032 Posts

@Arya Dark; @CamillePunk; @MillionDollarProns; @scrilla; @FitChi; @THE MAN,THE MYTH,THE SHIV; @TKOK; @BOSS of Bel-Air; @Dub;

Will be attending Thursday evening's contest between the New York Yankees and Oakland Athletics in Oakland. Anyone in the Bay Area can meet me there. :posey2

The Cincinnati Reds' Aristides Aquino, the Houston Astros' Yordan Alvarez, and the San Francisco Giants' Mike Yastrzemski, all rookies, all had three-home-run games within a week of one another.

Yastrzemski's three-homer game occurred Friday evening against the Arizona Diamondbacks, in a thrilling 10-9 11-inning slug-fest which I had to watch the late-night replay of, having been at the San Francisco Castro Theatre to see A Band Apart and Pulp Fiction.

Now the Giants must battle the Chicago Cubs beginning this evening. The Cubs are 3.5 games ahead of San Francisco in the NL wildcard race.

GIANTS

Reactions: BOSS of Bel-Air

·
19,032 Posts

·
19,032 Posts

·
The EST of NXT
28,865 Posts

·
19,032 Posts
Re: Yelli vs. Belli for NL MVP

ANOTHER KATE UPTON-FUELED NO-NO for thread title imo.

:mark: VERLANDER :mark:

:sodone

·
19,032 Posts

No-Nolan Ryan. :posey2

·
Registered
75 Posts

Yelich has been slightly better offensively, but Bellinger's defense is superior. If you look at advanced metrics Bellinger is overall more valuable but not by too much. It's great to see such a close battle for MVP in the NL. The AL on the other hand has been all Trout. Truly the goat of this generation. Hopefully we can see this production continued from Yelich and Bellinger so that we get to have a serious discussion about who is the best currently.

·
19,032 Posts

Looks like the National League MVP race is not going down to the wire as Christian Yelich has sustained a fractured kneecap and is consequently out until 2020.

Cody Bellinger, despite being despicable for willingly playing for the Los Angeles Dodgers, honestly deserves the MVP award in any event. He is the superior all-around player at this time, and the difference between the two players' offensive outputs is probably chiefly due to Yelich playing in one of the great bandboxes of Major League Baseball in a division which features not only Miller Park but also Wrigley Field in Chicago and Great American Ball Park in Cincinnati. Miller Park, Yelich's home, has long been regarded by both MLB players and park factor rankings-auteurs who perpetually analyze the respective qualities and conditions of the ball parks for hitting and pitching as the second-friendliest-to-hitters ball park in MLB behind only Colorado's Coors Field. Dodger Stadium was generally landing in the bottom-ten for "hitter-friendly" ball parks not long ago, and has surely not changed so much as to begin to compensate for the advantage Yelich possesses playing at Miller Park.

In news closer to home:

@AryaDark; @CamillePunk; @Dub; @MillionDollarProns; @scrilla; TKOK; @FitChi;

:woo :woo http://www.mlb.com/giants/news/johnny-cueto-strong-in-return-from-tommy-john-surgery :woo :woo

CUETO WORTH THE WAITO. :mark: :cheer :dance :dancingpenguin :woo :posey2 :bum :mark: :mark: :mark: :bow

Coming back from Tommy John Surgery Johnny Cueto authors five innings of shutout baseball versus the Pittsburgh Pirates, the team he has menaced for his entire career but for that one postseason game. :side:

Meeting him once upon a time on California and Cherry in San Francisco--three blocks from the location of one of the Zodiac serial killer's depraved murders--will remain a fine memory forever. :)

GIANTS

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,745 Posts

:theFACE

·
Registered
80 Posts
NFL Season 2019 - 2020 thoughts?

Seahawks fan from Australia. Very pleased with they're start.

Saints lose QB Brees for 4-6 weeks. That's a massive loss and could cost them a playoff spot.

Dolphins and Jets already have a red line through them.

Would be exciting to see if Dallas Cowboys build into a potentiol title contender.

Patriots look ominous but haven't faced a quality opponent yet.

Seahawks vs. Chiefs would be a cool superbowl. I think it'll be a Patriots vs. Packers superbowl.

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
Re: NFL Season 2019 - 2020 thoughts?

I'm a Steelers fan. The season is pretty much over now that Ben is out for the year. I'm curious to see how Rudolph plays because he's seen as the replacement. Roethlisberger isn't getting any younger and is starting to show his age. That being said, I have zero faith in my team as long as Tomlin and his staff are there. 3 playoff wins since 2010 isn't getting it done and the team looks worse every year. Its going to be harder for them to win the division with the way Baltimore looks and with Cleveland getting better. If they end up making the playoffs, it will end with Tomlin getting out-coached for the 100th time.

I'm also curious about the Fitzpatrick trade, considering the starting QB is out for the year. They got him at a good price, and they've proven that they cant draft DB's too.

·
19,032 Posts

@Arya Dark; knows. :mark:
@CamillePunk; @scrilla; @MillionDollarProns; @FitChi; @TKOK;

On the night FUTURE MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL HALL-OF-FAMER BRUCE BOCHY SAW HIS 2,000TH CAREER WIN AS AN MLB MANAGER ATTAINED AT FENWAY IN BOSTON, this also happened... As AD/LC shared on my wall:

:cheer :cheer :cheer

GIANTS GO FOR THE SWEEP OF THE RED SOX IN ONLY HOURS!

GIANTS

Meanwhile, if the Oakland Athletics host the wildcard game for the American League as it appears that they probably will in only days I shall definitely attend that! :mark: :)

Reactions: CamillePunk
161 - 180 of 365 Posts