Wrestling Forum banner

Which MLB team will be the next to win their first World Series title in franchise history.

• Seattle Mariners

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas Rangers

• Tampa Bay Rays

• San Diego Padres

• Colorado Rockies

• Milwaukee Brewers

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters
121 - 140 of 365 Posts

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,029 Posts
Reactions: Chrome

·
40,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
Re: Remember when some people actually argued about Mike Trout vs. Bryce Harper?

I really want to see what Mike Trout can do in a hitter's park in a good lineup. Not saying Yelich isn't legitimately amazing. He is. But Trout does not hit in Miller Park and he doesn't have a lineup.

·
19,029 Posts
Re: Remember when some people actually argued about Mike Trout vs. Bryce Harper?

I really want to see what Mike Trout can do in a hitter's park in a good lineup. Not saying Yelich isn't legitimately amazing. He is. But Trout does not hit in Miller Park and he doesn't have a lineup.
Mike Trout is unquestionably the entity which has done more to "break the game" since BONDS.

Nearly halfway through this season, and he boasts a .307/.463/.636 slash line. He is reaching base better than nine times out of twenty plate appearances. :heston

Trout is on pace for almost 12 wins above replacement for this season. :heston

·
Registered
12,663 Posts

anybody else check the Orioles box score every day just to see how many home runs they gave up?

They are on pace to break the record for most home runs allowed in a season by like 90. That's insane.

·
19,029 Posts

·
Still training, saying my prayers, eating my vitam
4,249 Posts

This first game in London is a disaster. MLB can't be making any new fans with this marketing stunt.

·
Still training, saying my prayers, eating my vitam
4,249 Posts

Actually that ended up being a pretty wild game, just extremely long.

·
These days I find beauty as depressing as years be
13,977 Posts

WTF tyler skaggs has passed away :( plz let this be a fucking joke

·
These days I find beauty as depressing as years be
13,977 Posts

Only 27 years old....

r.i.p. :cry:

·
40,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #132

Way too young to die. Rest in peace Tyler Skaggs.

·
19,029 Posts

RIP Tyler Skaggs.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2019/07/07/new-york-mets-gm-brodie-van-wagenen-blows-up-staff-throws-chair/1667966001/https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2019/07/07/new-york-mets-gm-brodie-van-wagenen-blows-up-staff-throws-chair/1667966001/

Reports: Mets general manager blows up at staff, throws chair in frustration

Jimmy Hascup, USA TODAY Published 11:01 a.m. ET July 7, 2019

The New York Mets have made headlines for all the wrong reasons yet again.

This time, according to multiple reports, frustrations boiled over from general manager Brodie Van Wagenen in a post-game meeting Friday that saw the GM lash out at manager Mickey Callaway and his coaching staff and then throw a chair.

The Mets lost 7-2 to the Philadelphia Phillies despite an outing from Jacob deGrom in which he gave up two runs and struck out 10 in seven innings. New York gave up five runs in the ninth inning.

According to the New York Post, which first reported the incident Saturday, Van Wagenen erupted over the fact that deGrom’s start had been wasted, then “picked up a chair and threw it and told Callaway to go conduct his (expletive) press conference.”

Callaway did not elaborate on the meeting Saturday night, saying the Mets, who have blown a league-leading 21 saves, would keep the content of private meetings to themselves.

“It’s fantastic," he said of his relationship with Van Wagenen. "We’re both passionate guys that want to win.”

Van Wagenen would neither confirm nor deny the incident to the Post prior to Saturday’s game, a 6-5 win in which Todd Frazier and Callaway got ejected after the third baseman got hit by a pitch.

“We as a staff often meet with coaches and players throughout the course of the season,” Van Wagenen told the Post. “I am not going to give the specifics to any of those meetings.”

New York, which is 40-49, has won just three of its past 12 games.

Contributing: The Record’s Justin Toscano
Someone has been watching Moneyball too often.

·
Registered
12,663 Posts

"can't swing at next pitch until ball lands in stands" rule be damned.

Even with a little "cheating", Vlad Guerrero's first round number was insane. 29. New record.

·
Premium Member
30,980 Posts
"can't swing at next pitch until ball lands in stands" rule be damned.

Even with a little "cheating", Vlad Guerrero's first round number was insane. 29. New record.
That rule is stupid anyway. They don’t make them wait in a 3 point contest. Most of the guys weren’t following it.

World, meet vladdy.

·
40,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #136
Re: There's this guy who wrote an article that had Rivera 5th all time greatest Yankee.

I read an article about the greatness of Mariano Rivera. Yep, greatest closer ever. If he was a Seattle Mariner you could say he was top 5 Mariner all time.

But as a New York Yankee you can't be serious putting him in the top 5.

https://sports.yahoo.com/a-daunting-task-ranking-mariano-rivera-among-yankee-greats-183108628.html

The clickbait (which worked on me) said some shit like Rivera greatest Yankee ever? I mean come on. I bet he's getting clicks though so good game. I even posted a link to it.

·
@delecast
4,405 Posts
Re: There's this guy who wrote an article that had Rivera 5th all time greatest Yankee.

I read an article about the greatness of Mariano Rivera. Yep, greatest closer ever. If he was a Seattle Mariner you could say he was top 5 Mariner all time.

But as a New York Yankee you can't be serious putting him in the top 5.

https://sports.yahoo.com/a-daunting-task-ranking-mariano-rivera-among-yankee-greats-183108628.html

The clickbait (which worked on me) said some shit like Rivera greatest Yankee ever? I mean come on. I bet he's getting clicks though so good game. I even posted a link to it.
I dunno... Is he so far off base?

Ruth, Gehrig, DiMaggio, and Mantle are all interchangeable at 1-4. Once you get past those 4, it's a free-for-all.

Yogi Berra and Rivera are neck and neck imo. You can argue that if Rivera isn't closing, Jeter doesn't have as many titles as he has. Reggie Jackson only played a few years in NYC and left. Sure, Rivera has been romanticized, but he's an all-time great player.

·
40,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #138

I dunno... Is he so far off base?

Ruth, Gehrig, DiMaggio, and Mantle are all interchangeable at 1-4. Once you get past those 4, it's a free-for-all.

Yogi Berra and Rivera are neck and neck imo. You can argue that if Rivera isn't closing, Jeter doesn't have as many titles as he has. Reggie Jackson only played a few years in NYC and left. Sure, Rivera has been romanticized, but he's an all-time great player.
It's really just Berra. I don't think it's close at all between those two.

I'd put Jeter and Ford ahead of Rivera, but if someone wants Rivera at 6 then ok.

·
40,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #140

Stop me if you heard this before Mr Mister, but Kela came off the 60 day DL just to get suspended by the Pirates for unkown reasons

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/27240274/pirates-suspend-reliever-keone-kela-2-games
rip :brady6

Also I need to stop reading yahoo sports articles.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/troy-tulowitzki-announces-retirement-from-baseball-during-injuryriddled-season-204802436.html

This person who wrote this article seems to think that injuries and Tulo are something new and his retirement is out of the blue.

121 - 140 of 365 Posts