Wrestling Forum banner

Which MLB team will be the next to win their first World Series title in franchise history.

• Seattle Mariners

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas Rangers

• Tampa Bay Rays

• San Diego Padres

• Colorado Rockies

• Milwaukee Brewers

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters
81 - 100 of 365 Posts

·
Midcard Minivan
6,678 Posts
Re: MLB: Mariners v Rays ALCS incoming...

Red Sox starting rotation ERA:
Rick Porcello - 11.12
Chris Sale 9.00
Nathan Eovaldi 8.40
Eduardo Rodriguez 7.98
David Price 3.79

On top of us having only 4 above average bats, a bit of worry is starting to set in. However I'm thankful that I've been getting to watch Yelich murder the Cardinals, that's been fun :lol

·
Baby It's Violence
7,121 Posts

Yelich is an animal. Goddamn 7 HRs against the Cardinals ALREADY is insane :done

Cards finally feel what it was like for every NL Central team to watch Prime Pujols mash for a decade.

My Yankees are really making me sad. Bird is down for the count now on the 10 day IL, and I'm legit flabbergasted at this point. I'm going to make a Go fund me to have every remaining player wrapped in bubble wrap for every game they travel.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,029 Posts

http://www.sfgate.com/sports/article/Giants-break-out-with-3-HRs-off-Strasburg-in-7-3-13773269.php

Giants break out with 3 HRs off Strasburg in 7-3 win at Nats

WASHINGTON (AP) — Evan Longoria, Brandon Belt and Steven Duggar homered off fastballs from Stephen Strasburg, and the light-hitting San Francisco Giants powered their way to a 7-3 victory over the Washington Nationals on Tuesday night.

The Giants came in with a grand total of 10 homers through their first 17 games. The only major league club with fewer was the Detroit Tigers, with seven in 15 games.

San Francisco also ranked 29th of 30 clubs in runs — 47, again ahead of only Detroit — and in batting average — .199, better only than the Cleveland Indians. The Giants were last in on-base-plus-slugging percentage at .572.

But they looked like a modern-day Murderers' Row against Strasburg (1-1), who allowed four runs in six innings. Still learning to pitch with a fastball that sits in the low-to-mid-90s, instead of the high-90s heat he possessed before Tommy John surgery and other ailments, he's served up five homers over his past two outings.

Longoria led off the fifth with a shot to right-center off a 95 mph pitch. One out and one hard-hit single later, Duggar took a 92 mph offering just over the wall in left-center for a two-run drive that made it 3-1.

Belt added a solo shot with one out in the sixth, putting a 94 mph first pitch into the home bullpen beyond right field for his fourth homer of 2019.
It was glorious. Just glorious. :banderas

That BELT homer was almost shades of the 18-inning Game 2 from the 2014 NLDS in Washington, D.C. :banderas
@CamillePunk; @MillionDollarProns; @scrilla; @FitChi; @THE MAN,THE MYTH,THE SHIV; @TKOK; all know what I am talking about. :banderas

GIANTS :mark: :cheer :woo :dance :dancingpenguin :posey2

·
19,029 Posts

·
19,029 Posts

·
19,029 Posts
Re: MLB: Pujols passes Babe Ruth all time RBI

Tanaka vs. :bum Friday night as the Yankees visit the GIANTS for the first time since summer 2007 (was at all of those games)! :mark: :banderas

That would have been a marquee match-up not long ago. :mj2

Yankees are remarkably banged up.

·
Midcard Minivan
6,678 Posts

·
19,029 Posts
Re: Vladdy Vladdy Vladdy Vladdy Vladdy Vladdy Vladdy Vladdy Vladdy Vladdy Vladdy Vladdy Vladdy Vladdy Vladdy Vladdy Vladdy Vladdy Vladdy Vladdy Vladdy

@TJQ; as someone who saw more of Eduardo Nunez playing for his team than he would have liked, this empathetic note is directed toward you. :lol

@CamillePunk; @MillionDollarProns; @scrilla; @FitChi; @THE MAN,THE MYTH,THE SHIV; @TKOK;

Meanwhile in Toronto the GIANTS played their best baseball of the season! :woo MVPABLO Sandoval with two home runs in two games! :mark: MVBELT with a MOON SHOT homer in the first game of the short two-game series! :mark: MVPANIK with his first home run in eons! :mark: The GIANTS broke out the lumber! :mark: The pitching was better-than-adequate considering where they were playing, with MVPOMERANZ and MVSAMARDZIJA giving solid starting performances.

GIANTS

·
Sleeps nude in an oxygen tent.
4,744 Posts
Re: Vladdy Vladdy Vladdy Vladdy Vladdy Vladdy Vladdy Vladdy Vladdy Vladdy Vladdy Vladdy Vladdy Vladdy Vladdy Vladdy Vladdy Vladdy Vladdy Vladdy Vladdy

Pillar's visit to Toronto was good feels :eek:

·
19,029 Posts

@CamillePunk; @MillionDollarProns; @scrilla; @FitChi; @THE MAN,THE MYTH,THE SHIV; @TKOK;

So yeah that Evan Longoria contract was a horrible deal to inherit from the far wiser Tampa Bay Rays... No matter.

Tonight, Evan MVLONGORIA came up BIG for the GIANTS, knocking in ALL THREE RUNNERS (MVBELT, MVPANIK and MVSOLARTE) with the bases loaded and the Giants having no outs to spare in the bottom of the 7th inning against the rightly despised Los Angeles Dodgers! :mark: :mark: :mark:

That turned a 2-0 Los Angeles Dodgers lead into a 3-2 San Francisco GIANTS lead... And, thanks to a phenomenally solid back of the bullpen--namely Reyes MVMORONTA and Will MVSMITH, that lead sufficed in vanquishing this team engendered to destroy the very game of baseball through sheer dominance... And as a Golden State WARRIORS fan, there is nothing that I would hate to see more.

:side:

GIANTS

Reactions: CamillePunk

·
19,029 Posts

@MillionDollarProns; @scrilla; @FitChi; @THE MAN,THE MYTH,THE SHIV; @TKOK;

HAHAHAHAHAHA

The Los Angeles Dodgers lost two out of three to this team. :lmao :lmao :lmao :heston

:mark: :mark: :mark:

This was The Rematch of the game we saw together, @CamillePunk;, with Hyun-jin Ryu going to war against :bum, the Los Angeles Dodgers versus the San Francisco Giants...

:mark: :mark: :mark:

:bum pitched rather well--aside from the point that his pitch count was run up by the opposition--mowing down the Dodgers with a harder, higher-velocity fastball than anyone has seen him hurl in a good while, particularly this season. The fourth inning was peculiar as he had to throw 32 pitches in that one inning to retire three batters, and he ended up with 114 pitches for the evening (78 being strikes). :bum went 17/24 for first-pitch strikes against Dodgers batters, and generally kept LA off-balance with an assortment of attacks. When he went back to that standard, ever-less-efficacious cutter, however, the Dodgers were on top of it, with Justin Turner, Cody Bellinger and Enrique Hernandez--the latter of whom boasts otherworldly video-game offensive numbers against :bum for his career, they are so gaudy that they sicken this poster to look upon them (after tonight he has gone 23-for-45 in his at-bats versus :bum)--so between all of these matters :bum was finished fairly early in the game in spite of his success.

Speaking of individuals being finished early, Bruce Bochy was ejected from the game for his incessant complaining about balls and strikes--which, granted, was a little curious given how much the strike zone proved helpful to Bumgarner.

To give the devil his due, Hyun-jin Ryu was every bit as terrific as Bumgarner--outmatching him by going 8.0 innings rather than the mere 6.0 Bumgarner gave his team. It also helped Ryu that the Giants offense is... Well, florid metaphors fail. The Giants offense is the Giants offense.

That said, this was a rather splendid evening for several GIANTS players, and in many ways the true star of the game was Steven DUGGAR ("The Sluggar"), who, left-on-left in each and every instance, hit his way toward getting on base, proving that he definitely holds at least some possible promise, perhaps, as the Giants' 2019 leadoff man. DUGGAR scored the winning run on Buster MVPOSEY's walkoff base hit (the seventh of his career; third against the Dodgers... seen one of those in-person :eek:)... And how :posey2 was able to pull that Decidedly-Not-MVPedro Baez pitch on the far outside-off-the-corner away from the right-handed batter, knocking it into left field... And fortunately for the GIANTS Duggar is one of the faster men in the National League West, for just about anyone else on the Giants roster would have been gunned down at the plate. This commenced with Duggar and Gerardo MVParra commencing the winning rally with their back-to-back singles off of Julio Urias.

One of the easily foreseeable stories of the season is the strength of the Giants' bullpen, which, with Reyes M(VP)oronta, Tony Watson (the two of them collected four strikeouts in two innings of work between them, with M[VP]oronta collecting three in his one inning) and closer Will ("No Not That One") Smith providing a phalanx of high-leverage pitching with the game at a 1-1 tie, and once again these relief pitchers performed admirably.

In the end, the GIANTS take two-out-of-three from the Dodgers in San Francisco. All while the WARRIORS lead the Houston Rockets 2-0 in their NBA playoffs series and the San Jose SHARKS presently hold a 2-1 advantage over the Colorado Avalanche.

Not a bad week in Bay Area sports.

GIANTS

Reactions: CamillePunk

·
19,029 Posts

GIANTS ERASE 8-RUN DEFICIT, AND DEFEAT THE CINCINNATI REDS IN 11 INNINGS AT GREAT AMERICAN SMALLPARK! :cheer :cheer :cheer

As stalwart REDS fan @Arya Dark; will let you personally know, I was always 1,000% confident that the GIANTS would take this one, no matter how bleak it all looked for the Orange and Black Attack. :aryha

A silly, nonsensical, absurd, wonderful baseball game. Deliciously baseball this game was, no question about it.

LONGORIA. VOGT. BELT. DUGGAR. MORONTA. SMITH. (MV)PANIK. CRAWFORD. AUSTIN. (MV)PILLAR. :posey2 BERGEN. DYSON.

GIANTS :mark: :mark: :mark:

·
Super Moderator
19,331 Posts

I consider the Reds lucky that our fine stadium didn't burn to the ground, Drow.

·
Baby It's Violence
7,121 Posts

So to my surprise, and probably every single Yankee fan on the forum, our boy Miggy "two bags" Andujar is back in the lineup today! Even more surprising is the fact that he's in the field already, which I am worried about considering his defense last year was no good, and that the problem was in his throwing arm. Seems like this might be a test to see how he does perhaps, but I would try to maybe rotate him and Urshela, who has done a wonderful job in the meantime.

But it wasn't a Yankee win without ANOTHER potential injury scare from James "Big Bad Maple Daddy" Paxton, who apparently is suffering from left knee soreness that apparently got a bit worse in the cold and wet. Hopefully this isn't a big deal and he can rehab it, but it does make me worry a bit with his injury history. He's been part of a surprisingly durable and effective rotation so far, so I hope he isn't out long.

As for the rest of the team, Gary Sanchez is still scary, dude has 18 hits, and 10 HOME RUNS! :woo :woo :woo :woo He's filling in nicely as the big power threat for soon to be captain Judge :thelaw :thelaw

But the fact that we are currently 18-13 with our roster is nothing sort of incredible to me.

·
Midcard Minivan
6,678 Posts

This is absolute fucking insanity. In the top of the 3rd inning the Red Sox just got 10 straight hits, including 3 home runs, all with 2 outs. Christian Vazquez started this 2 out mauling with a single, and just hit another for that 10th hit before a pitching change happened. Walked Benni again before they finally got the last out :lol

He's filling in nicely as the big power threat for soon to be captain Judge :thelaw :thelaw
Putting fuck the yankees to the side, I can't wait for Judge to come back. Obviously it sucks when anybody gets injured, but its a real shame when players as good as him aren't able to play. Apart from the fun of the rivalry, I love when Sox/Yankees series come around because I genuinely love watching Judge.

·
Baby It's Violence
7,121 Posts

Putting fuck the yankees to the side, I can't wait for Judge to come back. Obviously it sucks when anybody gets injured, but its a real shame when players as good as him aren't able to play. Apart from the fun of the rivalry, I love when Sox/Yankees series come around because I genuinely love watching Judge.
I get the same way when I watched Mookie play against us. Dude is so good sometimes I can't help but be amazed watching him. Same goes for a couple other Sox players like Benintendi, who has one of the prettiest swings in baseball to me.

Still, fuck the Red Sox, but yeah some of them are cool. <.< >.>

81 - 100 of 365 Posts