Wrestling Forum banner

Which MLB team will be the next to win their first World Series title in franchise history.

• Seattle Mariners

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas Rangers

• Tampa Bay Rays

• San Diego Padres

• Colorado Rockies

• Milwaukee Brewers

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters
321 - 340 of 365 Posts

·
The EST of NXT
28,697 Posts
That's stupid money but he's the best pitcher so there's that. Strasburg's contract is close on a per year basis.

Cole
Paxton
Severino
Tanaka

That's strong. It's insane if Severino can regain his former ability. Yankees v Nats incoming.

I do wonder what Wash will do about 3B. Losing Rendon is going to hurt. Moose signed with the Reds so he's gone. Donaldson is still available. I don't know who else is out there after JD.
After 3 years of being extremely bat heavy, the Yankees finally realized they needed an elite pitcher and got one of the best. Better late than never.

·
Le Champion
18,679 Posts
Corey Kluber traded to the Rangers, so another name off the list for the Angels. MADBUM, Ryu, and Keuchel out there still and they probably need at least 2 of them. :p

·
40,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #323
Delino is about to become Sammy Sosa and Clase will develop into an elite ace. Clase has a fucking sweet fastball. I'm a Kluber fan though. He's been great. I'm not sure how many great years are left in him since he's 34.

·
Le Champion
18,679 Posts
MADBUM to the... Diamondbacks. 5 years, $85 million. Huh, didn't expect that at all. Nice pickup for them and it's not a massive contract.

Seriously though, if the Angels don't sign Ryu AND Keuchel at this rate then the Rendon pickup will just be a waste.

·
40,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #325
MADBUM to the... Diamondbacks. 5 years, $85 million. Huh, didn't expect that at all. Nice pickup for them and it's not a massive contract.

Seriously though, if the Angels don't sign Ryu AND Keuchel at this rate then the Rendon pickup will just be a waste.
Dbacks will trade Mad before the deadline. They're in build mode, so they're gambling he can be good again and they can get a few prospects for a very team friendly starter contract. I didn't expect this either. I reckon Madison wants to go to a contender, so he signed this contract knowing that Arizona will trade him to one. It's a good call by him. Wait until the contenders show themselves and then go there. If that team ceases to be a contender, they'll also trade him for prospects and he'll be on a contender again. He's going full mercenary lol.

·
These days I find beauty as depressing as years be
13,976 Posts
MADBUM picked Arizona because he has HORSES and its a perfect area for him/them :lol Indians wanted too much from the Angels and Im glad they held onto their assets. Get Ryu/Keuchel and a catcher(Maldonado?) and call it a day.

·
40,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #327
MADBUM picked Arizona because he has HORSES and its a perfect area for him/them :lol Indians wanted too much from the Angels and Im glad they held onto their assets. Get Ryu/Keuchel and a catcher(Maldonado?) and call it a day.
It didn't take much for Texas to get Kluber though. I guess Cleveland might have said Jo Adell or nothing. Rangers don't have a prospect nearly as good as him, though Delino could get better, and he's not bad right now. Delino is kind of a similar player to Adell, though Adell has a higher ceiling. If it was Adell or bust, then the Angels did the right thing to say no even if their pitching is arguably the worst in the league.

Again, inb4 Delino turns into Sammy Sosa.

·
13,976 Posts
2nd worst MR geez.... lol

They wanted two of their top prospects for a plummeting pitcher(Im rooting for a comeback though) and figured Angels were desperate enough to pull the trigger. Clase being moved doesnt bother you?

·
40,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #329
2nd worst MR geez.... lol

They wanted two of their top prospects for a plummeting pitcher(Im rooting for a comeback though) and figured Angels were desperate enough to pull the trigger. Clase being moved doesnt bother you?
Yes it does. Clase has an incredible fastball. But you have to give up something to get something...unless you're the Yankees trading for Giancarlo. I'm not sure Kluber is still ace level, so giving up that fastball that Clase throws does suck.

·
40,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #332
Chisox might have a good rotation. Not because of Dallas though. He's just an ok innings eater.

Giolito
Lopez
Cease
Kopech
Keuchel

Giolito pitched like a top tier ace last season. Lopez and Cease have to be better, but the potential is there. Kopech is a top prospect. Even if only one of Lopez and Cease turn out to be good, this rotation still has great potential.

·
Le Champion
18,679 Posts
Ryu ended up signing with the Blue Jays. 4 years, $80 million. Probably the only team that wanted to pay him that much for that long.

Meanwhile, the Angels lost out on every single one of the major free agent Pitchers. Should they try and trade for David Price or just take the L and try again next year?

·
Le Champion
18,679 Posts
NATS signed reliever Will Harris to a 3 year, $24 million deal. Yes, THAT Will Harris from the Astros that gave up the game 7 homer to Howie that won us the World Series. :LOL: He's apparently a damn good relief pitcher though and we definitely needed that, but on the flipside he's 35 and that's a pretty steep price. Oh well though. If we can bring back Hudson on a cheaper deal then all of a sudden the bullpen isn't so much a problem.

Still waiting on Donaldson though...

·
40,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #335
NATS signed reliever Will Harris to a 3 year, $24 million deal. Yes, THAT Will Harris from the Astros that gave up the game 7 homer to Howie that won us the World Series. :LOL: He's apparently a damn good relief pitcher though and we definitely needed that, but on the flipside he's 35 and that's a pretty steep price. Oh well though. If we can bring back Hudson on a cheaper deal then all of a sudden the bullpen isn't so much a problem.

Still waiting on Donaldson though...
Harris has been a great reliever. Hopefully giving up a HR in a tight spot in the WS doesn't ruin him mentally. It's probably very hard to be great most of your career then one AB haunts you for the rest of your life. That's fucking baseball.

We do have to remember that the Angels will have Ohtani pitching again this season. He looked disgustingly filthy any time I watched him pitch. He's got elite ace stuff before the surgery. There is no guarantee he can get it back, but it's likely considering he's so young. So the Angels almost certainly have one elite ace. That's not enough, but I can see why they didn't pay Ryu or trade for Kluber. They're old. Ryu was great last season and he's a solid pitcher when healthy, but he gets hurt a lot. Angels also might have something in Griffin Canning. He showed a lot of promise last season. So LA possibly has two good starters. That's still not enough, but they should be better this season.

·
Le Champion
18,679 Posts
Nats surprised me once again today and signed Starlin Castro! They're gonna start him at 2nd and looking at the numbers, he seems like one dependable ass dude that never misses time and always gets a hit. I love it.

·
13,976 Posts
[B]Ken Rosenthal[/B]‏Verified account @[B]Ken_Rosenthal[/B] 1h1 hour ago
More
BREAKING: Per sources, MLB’s penalties for #Astros include: *One-year suspensions for GM Jeff Luhnow and manager AJ Hinch. *Losses of 1st and 2nd round draft picks in both 2020 and ‘21. *A fine of $5M.
More to come....

Edit: Oh damn
[B]Ken Rosenthal[/B]‏Verified account @[B]Ken_Rosenthal[/B]
FollowFollow @Ken_Rosenthal
More
#Astros owner Jim Crane just announced the firings of Luhnow and Hinch.

321 - 340 of 365 Posts