Wrestling Forum banner

Which MLB team will be the next to win their first World Series title in franchise history.

• Seattle Mariners

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas Rangers

• Tampa Bay Rays

• San Diego Padres

• Colorado Rockies

• Milwaukee Brewers

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters
301 - 320 of 365 Posts

·
40,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #304
Thank you for coming back Abreu. Also, why in the hell is no one talking about the Astros in here right now?
We've known they've been cheating for awhile. Everyone does it pretty much so whatever.

Also they lost ALL their home games to Washington which is some pretty cool JUSTICE.

I'm almost to the point where I dislike the Astros more than the A's. At least the A's have the underdog thing going for them these days. Actually fuck that and fuck the A's.

·
Le Champion
18,734 Posts
We've got guys coming off the board before the winter meetings:

Mike Moustakas to the Reds. 4 years, $64 million
Cole Hamels to the Braves. 1 year, $18 million
Zack Wheeler to the Phillies. 5 years, $118 million

Phillies spending like the Yanks the past couple years. :p

·
These days I find beauty as depressing as years be
13,977 Posts
Moustakas finally got his long term deal, wish he would had signed with the Angels a couple years ago.

·
Le Champion
18,734 Posts
Strasburg back with the NATS on a record deal. 7 years, $245 million. Holy FUCK I did not think they'd come anywhere close to that. Tough spot to be in. Obviously rewarding him for what he just accomplished but a 7 year mega-deal for a 31 year old pitcher is risky. Oh well. I would've capped it at like 6 years for 180 but they broke the bank & gave him the Gerrit Cole money. :LOL: Cole is definitely about to get 300 million from the Yanks or Angels which will be nuts.

We're undoubtedly losing Rendon now, but it's alright. He'll be looking for Arenado money and I hope he gets it from his home state Rangers instead of those fuckin Dodgers. No chance we're paying that. Fingers crossed we can snag Josh Donaldson if he leaves.

·
13,977 Posts
I really hope Angels dont fork out that 300mil for Cole, at this point get some cheaper arms (MADBUM plz)

·
Le Champion
18,734 Posts
Didi Gregorius signed a 1 year deal with the Phillies. Staying busy in Philly for sure.

First ever All-MLB Teams were announced too and my NATS are well represented. (Y)

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,030 Posts
Gerritt Cole just signed: New York Yankees, nine years, $324 million. Another record-breaking deal. Hardly surprising.

·
40,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #313 (Edited)
That's stupid money but he's the best pitcher so there's that. Strasburg's contract is close on a per year basis.

Cole
Paxton
Severino
Tanaka

That's strong. It's insane if Severino can regain his former ability. Yankees v Nats incoming.

I do wonder what Wash will do about 3B. Losing Rendon is going to hurt. Moose signed with the Reds so he's gone. Donaldson is still available. I don't know who else is out there after JD.

·
13,977 Posts
Missing out on Cole sucks but if "plan B" goes right, Angels can spread the money and get multiple pitchers. Cole alone wouldn't have done it. They can get Rendon or Donalson, and solidify the line up.

·
I'm Sa-Sa-Sleepy, boff!
3,375 Posts
9 years is crazy.

If the Yankees don't win a World Series in the next couple years its going to get real ugly.

·
40,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #316
Missing out on Cole sucks but if "plan B" goes right, Angels can spread the money and get multiple pitchers. Cole alone wouldn't have done it. They can get Rendon or Donalson, and solidify the line up.
You might know by now, but Angels signed Rendon. If Jo Adell can hit in the majors, the Angels might actually have a really good lineup soon. A really good lineup around Trout will be something we all need to see. About that pitching though...

·
I'll take you down the only road I've ever been do
52,366 Posts
9 years is crazy, but the Yankees have been 'holding it in' in FA for awhile now and were waiting for this day ever since they made the better trade offer to the Pirates for Cole, who took Houston's offer instead. Plus, the Yankees drafted Cole way back in the day, but he chose to go to college instead. Cole is also a lifelong Yankees fan. Here he is holding up a Yankees sign in the front row at the 2001 ALCS:

The Yankees had a decent rotation, but no true ace. Paxton and Tanaka good/solid. Sevy was on his way but suffered that injury and missed most of the season last season and while the Yankees are hopeful he regains his first half of 2017 form, that is no guarantee. So, Cole is their true ace they've been waiting for for along time.

There is also an opt-out clause 5 years into the Cole deal, when Cole will be 34 years old. So, even if Cole were to leave then, the Yankees would get the best years of this deal before he left. And that's still 5 years from now anyway, which is awhile from now.

As a fan, I'm beyond pumped. Teams don't win championships like the Yankees did from 1996-2000, so even just getting 1 or 2 rings with Cole would still make this contract worth it. Especially for a franchise that is previously accustomed to winning championships, and by the start of next season hasn't won a championship in 11 years (2009), which as ridiculous as it may sound, is ALONG time in YankeesLand.

·
13,977 Posts
You might know by now, but Angels signed Rendon. If Jo Adell can hit in the majors, the Angels might actually have a really good lineup soon. A really good lineup around Trout will be something we all need to see. About that pitching though...
Doesnt seem like they'll go for MADBUM now, maybe trade for price or kluber?

·
Le Champion
18,734 Posts
Not upset about losing Rendon to the Angels. Actually kinda happy he chose them tbh and wish him well. Would really like to see the Angels get some pitching and start competing in the playoffs now. MADBUM has to be at the top of their list.

In terms of replacing Rendon in Washington, I would offer Josh Donaldson the same contract that Strasburg opted out of. 4 years, $100 million. He's probably in a spot where he's looking for the most financial security at this point in his career. There was also a lot of talk of us trading the Cubs for Kris Bryant. That would be a nice shakeup but we'd likely have to send over Kieboom for that to happen and that could suck. Time will tell but those two are definitely linked to us.

P.S. Fuck the Yankees :)

·
40,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #320 (Edited)
Not upset about losing Rendon to the Angels. Actually kinda happy he chose them tbh and wish him well. Would really like to see the Angels get some pitching and start competing in the playoffs now. MADBUM has to be at the top of their list.

In terms of replacing Rendon in Washington, I would offer Josh Donaldson the same contract that Strasburg opted out of. 4 years, $100 million. He's probably in a spot where he's looking for the most financial security at this point in his career. There was also a lot of talk of us trading the Cubs for Kris Bryant. That would be a nice shakeup but we'd likely have to send over Kieboom for that to happen and that could suck. Time will tell but those two are definitely linked to us.

P.S. Fuck the Yankees :)
I forgot about Kieboom. I'm not sure he can handle 3B, but if he can, then that's obviously great. Bryant could be a FA next year depending on his case and I'm not sure I'd trade Kieboom for what would be 1 year of Bryant. Also the Nats re-signed Howie. That seems to point to Kieboom seeing time at 3B in the spring to see what's up there.

Also the Rockies are open to hearing offers for Arenado, but I imagine he'd cost a ton. His salary is no joke too. But he's the best 3B so that has to be expected.

Doesnt seem like they'll go for MADBUM now, maybe trade for price or kluber?
I think Bum is still in the cards. They also might trade for Price. I'd think they could get Price for less than Kluber. Ryu is another FA that's solid.

301 - 320 of 365 Posts