Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[color/black]World Championship Wrestling Background:[color/black]

[color/sienna]Vince McMahon becomes very suspicious of Eric Bischoff and some of the RAW and Smack Down Superstars as they start acting in an awkward manner backstage, and start coming to shows late of not at all. When Vince realizes that some of his top stars are not resigning their out of date contracts then he approaches Eric Bischoff face to face on RAW about this.

Eric Bischoff tells Vince that the some of RAW and SMACK DOWN’s top superstars, including himself have been offered better contracts for a new wrestling promotion. A wrestling promotion which Eric Bischoff along with his investors have been negotiations with for a very long time, and finally have the funds to purchase. Vince inquires about the new promotion and Eric Bischoff tells him that the promotion that will be starting up in 8 weeks time is non-other than World Championship Wrestling!!!!

This leads to a Vince McMahon, Eric Bischoff and Linda McMahon feud leading into WWE’s Vengeance. Linda is involved because she is the person who is selling the assets of WCW to Eric Bischoff and his partners. The two rivals square off in a Street Fight. If Vince McMahon wins then all contracts and agreements to WCW will be destroyed and anybody who has been employed by WWE and moving to WCW will be forced to leave professional wrestling for three years time, including Eric Bischoff. If Eric Bischoff wins, then WCW is sold to Eric and any superstar who was at one time associated with WWE may use their WWE copy written personas with World Championship Wrestling.

The street fight ends in chaos as WWE and WCW stars interfere in the match. Triple H is the first to come down and attack his former boss, with Ric Flair following after. Flair’s purpose isn’t to assist the game in taking out Eric Bischoff, but rather to take the Game out himself. Flair attacks HHH with a chair, then hits Vince across the skull and busting WWE’s Chairman wide open. Batista, Orton, Edge, Kane, and Kurt Angle all come down and attack Bischoff; but Benoit, Jericho, Booker T, the Big Show, and Eddie Guerrero come down and attack the other RAW talent. WWE’s locker room empties and more WCW talent continue the gang war. With all the superstars fighting each other, Eric Bischoff is given the opportunity to put Vince through the broadcast table and cover him for the win. Vengeance ends when Eric calls for the cell to be lowered after the RAW talent take out the WCW stars. When the cell is completely on the floor Bischoff locks the door and the arena goes pitch black… A spot light shines on the entrance as Sting comes down with a torch and throws it through the cage setting the bottom of the cage on fire with the remaining RAW stars inside the burning cell… [color/sienna]

[color/red]WCW Monday Nitro on the Score (in Canada) and WTBS (in the USA)
August 1, 2005 – Live from Atlanta Georgia[color/red]

The show starts with Eric Bischoff standing outside of a red curtain with a spotlight on him…

[color/darkorange]ERIC:
History is being made as we speak. World Championship Wrestling has returned once again. The only brand of professional wrestling that has ever come close to dominating WWE and their lame brand of sports entertainment. History will be made again in 28 days as the Heavyweight Championship of the World will be decided at Clash of the Champions. Tonight the Conquest for the Gold begins as we will see two of four qualifying matches right here live from Atlanta Georgia. Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to MONDAY NITRO!

The curtain is raised behind Eric Bischoff, revealing the WCW Nitro set (which is the same as the original with a new WCW logo attached)…

The Monday Nitro theme plays with the opening video package and then the cameras start filming in the arena as Tony Schevoni and Jesse Ventura welcome everybody…

TONY:
Atlanta Georgia and fans around the world, Monday Nitro is back, World Championship Wrestling is back and live right here on TBS. I’m Tony Schevoni along with my colleague Jesse the Body Ventura…
The BODY:
Well Schevoni, what else can I say then it is good to be back at the broadcast station. Tonight we will see two qualifying matches for the Conquest for the Gold Main Event at the Clash of the Champions.
TONY:
We’ll find out who will be in those two matches later on tonight, but lets get things started in the ring after a brief commercial break.[color/darkorange]

BREAK

[color/darkred]Match 1 Highlights:
Juventud Guerrera vs. Eddie Guerrero
This high flying match went back and fourth between Juvi and Eddie. Juventud first nailed the Juvi Driver on Guerrero but Eddie managed to kick out. Juventud did a summersault over the top rope, taking the veteran down again. Then Juvi attempted to go to the top rope as Chavo came down and distract the cruiserweight and receives a cross body check from the sky which sends him to the floor. This allowed Eddie to pull out some brass knuckles and hide them from the referee and Juventud. When Juvi gets back into the ring, Eddie nails him across the face with the knucks and hits the three amigos for the win.

WINNER: Eddie Guerrero

After the match, Chavo and Eddie start beating up on Juventud when Rey Mysterio comes down to his friend’s aid. Rey brings a steal chair with him and the Guerreros quick vacate the ring. Juventud and Rey embrace each other and leave the ring.[color/darkred]

BREAK

[color/darkorange]Backstage…

Eric Bischoff meets up with the Guerreros in the hallway and stops to inform them that right here next week, it will be Eddie and Chavo Guerrero teaming up against Rey Mysterio and Juventud Guerrera in the WCW Tag Team Championship Tournament. (Fans cheer). Eric then continues on his way to his office!

In the Locker room…

Ric Flair is talking with Double A as a very well known adversary to Flair comes walking in…

FLAIR:
How can I help you?
STING:
WOOOOOO! MONDAY NITRO IS BACK! And let me tell you that nothing would make the Stinger feel more at home then to get the opportunity to wrestle my all-time greatest opponent on the first WCW Monday Nitro. What do you say Flair?
FLAIR:
WOOOOO! Stinger, it would be an honour for me to beat you right here tonight!
STING:
Just try Flair, just try.

Sting leaves Arn Anderson and Ric Flair in the locker room.[color/darkorange]

[color/darkred]Match 2 Highlights:
Conquest for the Gold Qualifying Match 1:
Marquis Alexander Buff Bagwell vs. Big Poppa Pump Scott Steiner
The match starts with the two former friends locking horns with each other, Steiner sends Bagwell into the ropes and poses for the audience. Bagwell spears Steiner to the floor and does his Buff is the Stuff dance for the crowd. Steiner gets up and the two lock up again with Steiner whipping Bagwell into the corner. Buff ducks under the clothesline and nails Steiner with a flying forearm. Bagwell picks Steiner up and DDTs him to the mat. Poppa Pump gets out of the sleeper and whips Bagwell into the ropes again. This time Buff gets caught by Steiner, who is going for a belly to belly suplex; however, Bagwell counters again and hits a belly to back suplex on his former friend.
Momentum shifts when Torrie Wilson makes an appearance to the ring area and distracts Bagwell long enough for Steiner to nail a low blow. Poppa Pump throws Bagwell’s head against the turnbuckle pad then hits a Frankensteiner on his former partner. Bagwell kicks out of the pin and Freakzilla goes to work on the lower back of Bagwell. Torrie distracts the ref as Steiner repeatedly slams a steal chair across the back of Buff. Then Scott picks Buff up and puts him in a bear hug.
Fortunately Buff managed to get out of the bear hug, but Steiner suplexed Bagwell to the mat and applied the Steiner Recliner for the win.

WINNER: Big Poppa Pump Scott Steiner

After the match Steiner and Torrie Wilson celebrate in the middle of the ring and then go to the back.[color/darkred]

BREAK

[color/darkorange]“I’m back” starts playing as the WCW Chairman comes back out to the ring…

ERIC:
First off, I’m sure that each and every single one of you are dying to know who the investor was that helped me purchase World Championship Wrestling! Let me just say that this man has just as much money as Vincent Kennedy McMahon and has a great respect for what these wrestlers do night after night. My investor is the only man who could ever challenge Vince McMahon and those losers in NWA-TNA and beat them both… But you’ll find out who he is at the Clash of the Champions…
Speaking about the Clash which is happening on Sunday, August 28th live at Caesar’s Palace in Lost Vegas Nevada… Let me enlighten you on the Conquest for the Gold. You see, it’s not a tournament, but rather a series of three matches starting off with a Fatal Four Way elimination match. The four men participating in the Conquest Elimination match will be the winners of the four qualifying matches from tonight and next week’s additions of Nitro. As you are aware, Scott Steiner has advanced. Each time a person is eliminated a new stipulation will take effect. When all four men start, the first match will be a First Blood Match. When three men are left to compete, then the new contest will be an “I Quit” Match. The final stipulation will be Last Man Standing.

(Fans cheer over announcement).

ERIC:
I can guarantee you all that WCW’s Clash of the Champions is going to top any Inter-promotional pay per view put out by the “other guys”. That’s because not only will we see the Conquest for the Championship Elimination Match, but we will also see the return of this man…

A Goldberg video package is put together and plays in the arena.

ERIC:
That’s right, Goldberg returns to WCW and to pay per view in just 28 days.

The Giant comes on the Nitro-tron and addresses Bischoff…

GIANT:
You see Eric, when Goldberg comes back I’m going to be the man who is going to take him out. The Giant is going to be the man who will end Goldberg’s winning streak before it even starts. I’m going to make Goldberg wish that he never came back to wrestling.

ERIC:
You want Goldberg at the Clash then you’ll have Goldberg at the Clash. But I forewarn you, Goldberg is indestructible.
GIANT:
And I’m a 7-foot, 500-pound Giant. Goldberg is going to have a hard time taking me out.
ERIC:
We’ll see at the Clash…

Eric’s music starts to play and the Chairman of WCW leaves the ring…

TONY:
Can you believe what we’ve just heard? GOLDBERG and the Giant will go one-on-one at the 2005 Clash of the Champions.
The BODY:
We’re also going to find out who our boss is. The guy who will be signing our paychecks for the next number of years; and the man who is planning to put our competition out of business.
TONY:
Let’s not forget the details of the Conquest for the Gold Elimination Match.
The BODY:
That’s right Schevoni, four men start wrestling in a fatal four-way First Blood match. Once the first man is eliminated the match becomes a three way “I Quit” match. When the next man gets eliminated for saying those two words, the match becomes a one-on-one Last Man Standing match.
TONY:
Only one man will walk out of Las Vegas with the Heavyweight Championship of the World strapped around his waist. More to come when we get back.

BREAK

TONY:
Welcome back to WCW Monday Nitro. Jesse the Body is gone now and I’m privileged to have back my long time friend and broadcast partner Bobby the Brain Heenan.
HEENAN:
It’s good to be back behind this desk Schevoni. I know we’re in for a treat now because coming up next is vintage WCW.
TONY:
That’s right, live next is Sting against the Nature Boy Ric Flair.[color/darkorange]

[color/darkred]Match 3 Highlights:
Sting vs. the Nature Boy Ric Flair (with Double A, Arn Anderson)
Sting and Flair lock up with Sting sending Flair into the ropes. The Nature Boy is clotheslined to the ring mat and gets back up. Both men grapple each other with Sting getting thrown to the out side of the ring. Ric Flair distracts the referee as Arn Anderson starts kicking Sting on the ground. Anderson picks up Sting and whips him into the turnbuckle post. Ric Flair goes to the outside and throws Sting back into the ring. Stinger kicks out of a pinning attempt made by Flair, and the Nature Boy starts working on the leg of Sting. Flair sets up the figure four and grabs Arn Anderson’s hand as leverage while the referee checks with Sting. Sting finally counters the leg lock and Flair immediate takes hold of the ropes. Sting slowly gets to his feet and backs himself into the corner where Flair starts chopping at his chest. However Stings grabs Ric’s head, throws him in the corner and starts chopping him in half. Flair is whipped across the ring and Sting delivers a stinger splash to his opponent. Sting applies the Scorpion Death Lock on Flair, but Arn Anderson comes in and kicks the back of Sting’s head.

WINNER: Sting by Disqualification

After the match Ric Flair and Arn Anderson start beating up on Sting when Lugar comes down to Sting’s aid. Flair and Anderson leave the ring and Sting, who is holding his mid section extends his hand for Lugar. The total package forearms his friend across the face and Flair and Anderson come in. The three men start beating on Sting. Sting is left lying in a pool of blood as the three men leave the arena floor.[color/darkred]

[color/darkorange]TONY:
Can you believe what just happened?
BOBBY:
I never thought that Lex Lugar would do anything like that to Sting.
TONY:
We have to go to break right now but don’t go anywhere because we’ll be right back!

BREAK

TONY:
Ladies and Gentleman, what we have just witnessed here on Nitro was absolutely uncalled for.
BOBBY:
It just goes to show you that anything can happen in World Championship Wrestling. Especially live on Nitro.
TONY:
Let’s get back to the action in the ring…

Eric Bischoff is back in the middle of the ring getting ready to make another announcement…

ERIC:
The next match will be the first round match in our 8 Tag Team Tournament for the WCW Tag Team Champions. The Clash of the Champions will feature the Semi Finals and the World Tag Team Championship Finals.[color/darkoragne]

[color/darkred]Match 4 Highlights:
WCW Tag Team Championship Tournament Quarter Final:
The Hardy Boys vs. The Outsiders
The fans erupt as the Hardy Boys make their WCW Debut on the First edition of Nitro. Hall and Nash come out with a new arrangement of the n.W.o theme. Nash and Matt get things started in the ring with Nash quickly getting the upper hand by repeatedly kneeing Matt in the stomach and elbowing the back of his head. Nash throws Matt across the ring and nails him with a boot to the face. Big Sexy pushes Hardy into the corner and rams his elbow into Matt’s face several times over. When Nash was down toying with Matt, he chokes Hardy with his boot as the ref counts to 5. The referee pushes Nash out of the way and talks to him as Hall chokes Matt with the tag rope. This makes Jeff upset and he gets into the ring to try and stop the Outsiders. The ref goes after Jeff, allowing the Outsiders to double team Matt Hardy. Nash whips Matt across the ring, but Matt ducks a clothesline and drop kicks Nash out of the ring and on to the floor. Matt falls to the canvas and gets up a moment later. Nash rolls back into the ring and Jeff is tagged in. Jeff nails a huracanrana on Kevin Nash and goes to the top rope. Jeff dives off the top, Nash catches him in the air and slams him to the canvas. This gave Nash an opportunity to tag Hall in. Hall gets in the ring and goes for the outsider’s edge, but Jeff counters it and rolls Hall up for the cover. At 2, the bad guy kicks out. Hardy whips Hall into the ropes and onto the floor. Nash goes to check on his partner and Jeff does a swantuan bomb off the top rope, nailing both of them. Hall is thrown into the ring and Matt hit the twist of faith on Hall and Jeff covers for the 1…2…3…

WINNERS: The Hardy Boys

After the match… X Pac comes down to the ring with bass ball bats. As the Hardy Boys celebrate in the ring, all three Outsiders get back into the ring and take their opponents out with bats. Nash Powerbombs Jeff while X Pac hits a Broncobuster on Matt. Suddenly over the speakers 4 words that haven’t been heard for close to 5 years is heard… “Oh YOU DIDN’T KNOW?” Jesse James and Billy Gunn come running down to the ring with steal chairs. The fans erupt again when these two hit the ring. The Outsiders quickly leave the ring as the Outlaws are left in the ring. As Hall, Nash, and X Pac back up the ramp, they don’t know Chyna standing right behind them… Chyna attacks X Pac and the Outlaws race down the isle with their chairs and take out Hall and Nash…[color/darkred]

BREAK

[color/darkorange]TONY:
Things are really heating up here on NITRO with the debut of two fan favourite teams to World Championship Wrestling.
BOBBY:
In just 15 minutes we say the Hardy Boys reunite and advance in the WCW Tag Team Championship Tournament, and the debut of Billy Gunn, Jesse James, and Chyna… the Outlaws.

Backstage…

Bagwell is shown loading his things in the trunk of his car. Stacey Keibler meets up with him and informs him of her disappointment Torrie Wilson tonight. Bagwell says it’s alright, and asks Stacey if she’s interested in going out for a drink or two. Stacey agrees and gets in the car. Bagwell and Stacey drive off...[color/darkorange]

[color/darkred]Match 5 Highlights:
Conquest for the Gold Qualifying Match 2:
Chris Benoit vs. the Highlight of the Night Chris Jericho
The match goes back and fourth between the two. Benoit nails his three belly to back suplexes on Jericho, but the Highlight of the Night gets the upper hand when he hits a spinning heel kick on the crippler. Jericho suplexes Benoit to the canvas and goes for the lionsault, but Benoit rolls out of the way and Jericho lands face first on the mat. The Crippler jumps on Jericho and puts him in the Crossface. The Highlight of the Night fights to get to the ropes but Benoit moves him further in the center of the ring. Jericho fights harder and finally reaches the ropes.
Later in the match, Jericho gets a back body drop on Benoit. Then hitting a spine buster. When Benoit gets up, Jericho throws him out of the ring and whips him into the ring post. A busted up Benoit fights with Jericho on the outside before rolling himself back into the ring. Jericho follows in behind and continues to assault his fellow Canadian. Jericho backs Benoit into the corner and kicks him down to the mat. The Highlight of the Night drags Benoit into the middle of the ring and applies the Walls of Jericho. Benoit screams in agony but doesn’t tap out, rather he fights his way to the edge of the ring and just as he goes to grab the rope, Jericho pulls him back into the middle of the ring. With the blood dripping down from his forehead, Benoit still fights and screams in pain. After several minutes of fighting Benoit finally passes out.

WINNER: Highlight of the Night Chris Jericho

Nitro goes off the air with Jericho celebrating in the ring as medics come to help Benoit…[color/darkred]

[color/darkorange]TONY:
Chris Jericho moves on to the Conquest for the Gold Fatal Four Way Elimination Match at the Clash of the Champions.
BOBBY:
Yes, Jericho moves on, BUT Chris Benoit never tapped out. He passed out, not submitted.
TONY:
What a night this has been. World Championship Wrestling is back and it’s back in a big way!
BOBBY:
Goodnight and see you next week![color/darkorange]

Don't get upset if I didn't do the colouring right! I tried to add colour but I don't know if it will work. If you tell me how to do it right, then It will be done right for the next time!

·
Banned
354 Posts
This was kinda confusing speaking that there were no color, bold or italics. The juvie guerrera and eddie guerrero was pretty good. classic WCW right there. grade--- 5/10 very confusing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts