Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last December I developed Sciatica and it caused me problems with working out.

Now about 3 weeks ago I started going on the exercise bike again since that causes my back and leg no problem, but I can no longer lift weights without flaring up my back troubles.

So my question is, does anyone know any weight lifting techniques that won't cause my back to flare up or recommend a piece of exercise equipment instead.

Any advice would be appriciated.

· Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As to your question, I'm not actually sure as last eyar I spent most of my time just losing weight rather than building up muscle however I've found I can't lift 20 pounds anymore if that helps, also no I don't have access to a gym but I have a couple of exercise machines at home.

Also should I jus ask this question in the thread you suggested instead?

· Banned
55,262 Posts
what kind of machines do you have?

as for goals, interested in slimming down? bulking up? functionality? core strength? upper body strength? lower body strength? overall strength? muscular endurance? give me something to work with :eek:

· Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what kind of machines do you have?

as for goals, interested in slimming down? bulking up? functionality? core strength? upper body strength? lower body strength? overall strength? muscular endurance? give me something to work with :eek:
Okay well as far as equipment goes, Theres a Running maching and the exercise bike, There is also a set of weights that can be detached with plenty of heavy weights somewhere in the house.

As far as it goals, like I said I'm still lsong weightas I do go on the bike everyday, As for now I'm just trying to gain some arm muscle as there probably my weakest point but like I said lifting the weights causes my back to flare up withing minutes.

· Banned
55,262 Posts
:hmm: if you want to build arm muscles (idk why you would) then there are a ton of exercises you can do. Do you have any hand weights? bicep curls, chest press, shoulder press, flys etc. Push ups won't aggravate your back and are a handy beginner exercise if you don't have any dumbbells. Your technique is probably terrible if your back flares up within minutes of lifting 20 pounds or so. There are a lot of videos out there to help with that or have someone in your family watch and cue you when you fall out of the proper technique.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.