Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As per Dave Meltzer on WOR, Aleister Black and Humberto Carrillo may not be safe whereas Andrade and Angel Graza will likely get a solid push as a tag-team:

The jury is out on Black and Carrillo. Andrade and Garza are okay. I know they are in the long-term plans. They are okay for now, and I think Garza more than Andrade for the long-term. But short-term, you know I think Garza and Andrade are destined for the tag team title. If not, certainly championship matches.

As revealed by Meltzer, WWE wanted to build Liv Morgan as the next big singles star under Paul Heyman's regime. However, with Heyman out of the picture, the plan to push Morgan as a singles star seems to have been dropped:

Whatever it was with Liv, it changes that. Obviously, the previous regime they wanted to build Liv as a big singles star. Well, you can see Liv being toned down.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Liv was doing fuck all under the "old regime" anyway, right? Pretty sure they aired some promos of her and then she had a match and lost.

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
Pfft, I like Liv but she was never going to be the “next big singles star”. Only problem I have with any of that is about Black. No reason he shouldn’t be a much bigger deal than he currently is.

·
Registered
23,908 Posts
Black is doing what he's been doing already which is hanging around the mid to upper mid card. He was already involved in the Mysterio/Rollins feud, as was Carillo. And as far as Carillo goes, he's had so many stop and start pushes since he debuted last Fall even when Heyman was still around.

Liv's return has been botched since Day 1 and the in the last few months has lost to both Charlotte and Asuka. So while she was winning some matches, it's hard to say she was getting a push beforehand.

And with Angel and Andrade.....again, they're in the same spot as they have been which is losing a fair bit of matches winning some others.

So, so far I can't say any of these guys are in a much different spot than they were before. That will take time to see.

·
The Babyface of WF
12,088 Posts
I'm more concerned about Aleister Black he's been in the same situation and either directionless squashing Jobbers or playing support to someone else it's getting incredibly annoying now, Black has something to offer I can't say the same thing for Humberto besides a Lower Midcard tune up match for another Superstar who's receiving a push.

The Profits need a Heel team to work with since they won't turn the Raiders Heel so Camp Vega makes sense for them and yeah I still think Garza is going far soon enough until someone forgets him.

Liv is obvious but they could repackage a new Riott Squad just without Logan there you have another Women's Tag team.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Are they basing this off of what they like or what the fans like? Oh yea that is right, they book the show to fit what they like most the time which is why hardly anybody watches it. Aleister is clearly someone that the fans like. More so than some of the guys that they have been pushing. But I guess it doesn't matter because the show isn't designed for the actual people who watch it.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
I'm honestly not that bothered because she's been cutting some of the most cringe inducing promos of 2020. Are they trying to make her unbearable like Becky? I wanted her to get pushed but from the terrible Rusev/Lana angle to this, I'm about ready to give up hope.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Black should not be teaming with Carrillo who is arguably a jobber. He should be pushed as a singles wrestler. It looked like he was starting to receive a push when they had him face Seth Rollins but he has faded back into the pack since that match.

·
Registered
4,446 Posts
WOR: watch the shows and especulate what it's obvious...and still some pay for it....hahaha

Liv Morgan has nothing going on for her except for her Instagram, she is not even that young anymore considering Tessa Blanchard, Tegan Knox, Toni Storm and Rhea Ripley are younger than her and their in-ring work is way above hers; she has no mic skills and when she speaks she always sounds like she is about to cry. For all the shit Mandy Rose has been receiving since making her debut on the main roster she at least has some interesting power moves on her.

Carrillo and Garza should switch spots, Zelina should be managing the uncharismatic but talented Andrade and Carrillo and Garza should be doing his own thing.

And for Black I think he will be feuding Seth Rollins once the Mysterios storyline it's over or at least put on a hold.In my opinion since his main event debut the time only time Black showed some personality was when he was teasing joining Rollin's stable.

·
Premium Member
10,700 Posts
Because Liv Morgan was getting such a big push under Heyman...

why is she so popular on here anyway? I mean I KNOW the answer, but what’s the fake reason like “she’s good on the mic/in the ring” etc?
I like her because she sells and bumps well, has improved a lot and has been doing more unique moves lately like the headscissor to the floor yesterday or double springboard missile dropkick, Her performance in the Elimination Chamber last year was quite impressive as well. I thought she had good performance vs Asuka.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts