Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 123 Posts

· Registered
Trios champ, NA champ
5,789 Posts
It was 1 tweet made over 10 YEARS ago, WHAT THE HELL WBD!?! You cant expect someone to grow as a person when you don't let them you bungholes!

· Registered
*coin drop*
15,332 Posts
Completely ridiculous and guilt by association, even though there isn't much Jay was guilty of since he'd made amends for his mistake over and over.

Mark as a solo act would have a limited ceiling in AEW, but even as a midcarder under a real contract (their ROH deal can't be very lucrative compared to full AEW deals), it'd be job security and a chance to do what he and his brother never did, feature on a proper national TV show.

I don't expect TK to kick up a fuss because of his relationship with WBD, which he's been careful of to the extent that he refused to shop ROH to any non-WBD companies. Clearly expecting/hoping for some kind of improved TV deal next time.

It's rarely mentioned (except by me, it seems), but Scorpio Sky made the same mistake as Jay years ago and I assume everyone is aware of it, yet he not only has been a featured performer for AEW, but held two of their titles. And no mention of WBD being bothered.

· The Fastest of the Fastest of Jamaican Sprinters
7,717 Posts
Look, we can talk openly about this.

His brother should have long since been forgiven for whatever stupid tweet he sent out a decade ago. Everybody should have moved on. Unfortunately, modern woke culture, which a lot of you people applaud, demands that you be crucified for any mistake you've ever made in your life. What's worse, Mark was part of a tag team and is now infinitely less marketable as an individual. Put it all together, and it's not completely outrageous that network folks wouldn't be interested.

· Registered
3,596 Posts
Look, we can talk openly about this.

His brother should have long since been forgiven for whatever stupid tweet he sent out a decade ago. Everybody should have moved on. Unfortunately, modern woke culture, which a lot of you people applaud, demands that you be crucified for any mistake you've ever made in your life. What's worse, Mark was part of a tag team and is now infinitely less marketable as an individual. Put it all together, and it's not completely outrageous that network folks wouldn't be interested.
It isn't just the woke nature of this. The inconsistency is the real issue. They aired a slap fight show that is owned by a man who bitch slapped his wife on camera. That wasn't the line for them, but a 10 year old tweet is? Very confusing. Jay and Mark were always going to be linked, so I am not shocked that WBD is holding firm on this.

· Premium Member
3,376 Posts
This is starting to piss me off. That being said, it was obvious this extended to Mark or they probably would've had Mark on AEW TV to build the FTR matches
Not a chance. Brothers don’t snake brothers, especially when they’re as close as you’d imagine Jay & Mark were. Such a poor comment.

Only shit cunts dog their flesh and blood. Mark hopping on AEW while Jay alive is my definition of a dog cunt.

1 - 20 of 123 Posts