Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone think he will? Don't think I've ever seen WWE mention the name of a guy in their developmental system before he debuted(or had a video promo hyping his debut) before. Closest I can think of was Cenas workout video for Wrestlemania when they showed guys like Big E in the gym.

I can see him getting called up as part of this angle. Triple H calls him up to Raw to compete in a match and it ends up being something like Orton vs Woods(or maybe to adjust to his style,they'd have Rollins vs Woods)

·
Registered
8,509 Posts
Looks like it, there's no way they would have made such a big deal of mentioning his name if he wasn't going to be called up. They're definitely high on him, he gave a speech representing the NXT talent at the Performance Center opening. He's barely on NXT anyway so it won't hurt the show at all, I guess his studies must now be over or something.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I really like his gimmick and I'm hoping he won't end up being another Kofi Kingston or whatever Big E is right now.

·
Premium Member
1,980 Posts
Your guess is as good as mine at this point but they did mention his name a great deal and Woods' actions held significant weight with regards to who signed the petition and how things unraveled just now.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I really like his gimmick and I'm hoping he won't end up being another Kofi Kingston or whatever Big E is right now.
Unfortunately, he probably will. They'll make him nothing more than a Kofi/R-Truth mix. They'll have him singing/dancing before matches and then doing high flying stuff during them.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Unfortunately, he probably will. They'll make him nothing more than a Kofi/R-Truth mix. They'll have him singing/dancing before matches and then doing high flying stuff during them.
Does this always happen with non-white wrestlers (except for Samoans)?

·
AnGOATio Cesaro
4,539 Posts
I don't think they intended to but the hype this petition got just kind of put the pieces in place for him. This is the perfect angle for him to be called up in. Calling him up just to punish him with beatings and embarrassment is a clear move for Triple H's character to make since you'd assume he's pissed since the petition showed an outright protest. He even said in his promo tonight that if anyone show'd any amount of protest they'd get it. Woods should make an immediate connection with the crowd and is a great overcome the odds character, which is the perfect counterpart to Triple H's character. The call up makes sense from an angle perspective and is a nice way to get a guys foot in the door.

I only have one problem.

Woods is ready. He's ring work is there, he's loaded with charisma, he's pretty robotic on the mic but that can be worked on. He shouldn't be called up next though. He should be about 4th in the call up line. There's guys older, with more time in and that are at least as good as him if not better. Woods is great and I take no issue with him being prepared for a call up, but I'd rather see a few others get their shot first.

·
Registered
890 Posts
I guess he'll be brought on briefly to get his ass kicked for backing Big Show. That or he'll be in a bigger spot on NXT and they're just foreshadowing it on Raw.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I would certainly say it looks like he's getting called up. Mentioning his name as the guy who started the petition when it could have been an existing wwe superstar.

I know they are high on woods, and it would be a good angle to bring him in and have him punished but it backfires. Would be a good way to get him over by being a guy standing up to the McMahons.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I thought Woods was injured...?
He is apparently, but not too badly. There just planting the seeds for when he's ready. They could always have him on raw for an episode or two without being in any physical action until he's ready.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,207 Posts
I think it might just promoting he NXT. They've already mentioned it during the Rhodes storyline, because of Dusty. So, we'll probably get a few more NXT name drops in the coming weeks.

I really don't think Woods is going to debut well in the WWE, especially right now.

·
Banned
1,005 Posts
I think it might just promoting he NXT. They've already mentioned it during the Rhodes storyline, because of Dusty. So, we'll probably get a few more NXT name drops in the coming weeks.

I really don't think Woods is going to debut well in the WWE, especially right now.
...why would they promote nxt when it doesn't air in America?

·
Registered
8,509 Posts
I really doubt it's to try and promote NXT. NXT is a developmental show, they aren't trying to sell PPVs or attract fans, the only reason it's there is to develop talent for the main roster and they have nothing to gain from promoting it. Besides, Woods is rarely on NXT anyway. They don't do things like this randomly, there's a guy whose job it is to co-ordinate NXT debuts on the main roster and this is obviously going to lead to a call-up for Woods at some point in the near future.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts