Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So where is arguably one of the most underutilized young talents of the current RAW, HELL the WWE roster? I know he's working a match on Superstars this week, but ever since Edge left for Smackdown - Zack Ryder has not been used at all. Which is a shame considering how much talent he possesses. I know his stance as a superstar (kayfabe wise) was and still is a joke, since he jobbed in under 10 seconds to Sheamus, was constantly belittled by every superstar on the roster and even became a joke to GUEST HOSTS for fucks sake, which is rediculous for a superstar of his caliber. However, with time - his credibility and status can be fixed.

This is a superstar who should be primed to take the title off of Daniel Bryan, RIGHT NOW and be one of the more prominent mid card title chasers or talents instead of being booked as a joke. Ryder has it all - charisma, microphone skills, a character that works, a catchphrase that's better than The Miz's and Ryder is even quite sound in the ring. The only thing that is hurting him is how over the top his character is, which in my opinion is not that bad. It's perfect for the mid card. I just wish the WWE would see his talent and use it, like many other superstars with all the talent in the world that the WWE have dropped the ball on...

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
i liked seeing this guy on raw every week. if they got nothing for him just send him to smackdown, he'll outshine half the roster, fact.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
He should be JoMo's buddy. He was on teh dirt sheet a few times.

·
Banned
6,658 Posts
Well, he isn't that talented, but I wouldn't mind seeing him jump to Smackdown, and reunite with Hawkins just to whip Edge's ass for making them his bitches from before. At the same time I think Ryder/Hawkins feud or tag team would be perfect for him. Also, Ryder needs to change his look, attire, hair style, and gimmick. Look at what Hawkins did, and it makes Ryder look lame, and out of date. He looks like he is going bald to.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
I started liking Ryder a bit during his ECW match against Christian.

He seriously put on a good match.

·
Registered
127 Posts
At least his gimmick isn't the same as 90 percent of the roster. He should at least get a decent chance to show us something. Have him feud with Chavo. Lord knows Chavo should be doing something better than jobbing to a midget.

·
Registered
130 Posts
He's probably with Robbie E. from TNA partying it up with the woo, woo ,woo fist bump. Who cares for Zack Ryder he does nothing to the roster other than push the guys WWE loves at the present time such as Bryan, even if he went to SD he would do the same to stars such Ziggler, Swagger and Kingston. Him coming back to TV would be pointless.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ryder's gimmick and look is fine, perfect for a mid card/tag team talent and only needs to adapt a more serious persona when chasing a title. I don't know if he could ever reach main event status, but I do know for a fact that he should be in a much better position than he is now. SmackDown and a tag team would actually be great for him. He'd outshine most of the superstars on Smackdown's already thin roster, but then runs into roadblocks because of how many heels there are in the mid card, so a tag team would actually prevent him from being lost in the shuffle.

Even if the tag team division and titles are meaningless, they could help rebuild Ryder's credibility, followed by a tag team breakup and Ryder's chase for a mid card title. Afterall, it worked for The Miz. The only problem is Santino. This man is a comedy act and knowing the WWE, they'd end up booking Ryder and his tag team partner like a joke too.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
I'd love to see Zack Ryder getting his own backstage segment, similar to JTG's Straight Outta Brooklyn. Ryder is a talented wrestler and a very funny guy, he should be utilized better.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
When Bryan drops the US title it needs to be Ryder that takes it from him
This

Zack has great charisma, a very unique gimmick, is solid on the mic and very good in the ring. There is really no reason not to put him in the hunt for the U.S. title. I'd love to see a competetive match between him and DBD.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
This

Zack has great charisma, a very unique gimmick, is solid on the mic and very good in the ring. There is really no reason not to put him in the hunt for the U.S. title. I'd love to see a competetive match between him and DBD.
plus, the material for a potential feud, leading to a series of great matches is already there. Michael Cole could even play an entertaining commentary role. Internet vs Nerd.

·
Registered
481 Posts
This. He should be his sidekick ala Alex Riley.
This I hope Ryder could be teamed with jomo to counter rileys interference in a miz/jomo feud.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts