504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saturday, May 23 at the MGM Grand!

Tickets on sale starting on Feb. 14!

I can't wait! :)

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Are the best tickets still $180 like they were last year (if you get them through AEW, not secondary market)?

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
This is going to sell out quickly. It will either be Moxley's 1st title defense, or a Moxley vs Jericho rematch after a dirty finish at Revolution. Either way, every PPV that has revolved around Moxley has sold out in under an hour.

·
Registered
5,681 Posts
Well, the wife and kids are excited about going to a PPV, so I have to get my hands on tickets. Hah
Ticketmaster and you probably going to have to get in the line pretty early and (if possible) with multiple devices.

Also they might do a presale so try to get some tickets during the presale which happen the day before the "official" tickets sell

·
Registered
764 Posts
Ticketmaster and you probably going to have to get in the line pretty early and (if possible) with multiple devices.

Also they might do a presale so try to get some tickets during the presale which happen the day before the "official" tickets sell
Any idea what time they go on sale or what have you?

·
Justice 4 Asuka
1,029 Posts
I wouldn't do Moxley/Jerricho again. Either Moxley/MJF or add Jerricho and make it a triple threat.

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
I wouldn't do Moxley/Jerricho again. Either Moxley/MJF or add Jerricho and make it a triple threat.
Too soon for MJF in title picture at least for big show like this. Hes wrestled three singles matches In AEW going into Cody match. Maybe All Out or Full Gear. If they push him strong enough in matches.

I'm not sure what other title match can feel as big or even equal to Moxley/Jericho in next three months. Something like Moxley/Cody maybe but Cody can't go for title. Sure they could put Brodie Lee or Lance Archer or Hager there.

But again feels too soon with those guys just potentially joining and Hager not wrestling yet. Omega/Page would be next best option. But I think they should feud with each other first and winner should go for the title next. So Moxley/Jericho rematch feels like it would be happening again.

·
Registered
22,573 Posts
Some how I feel like Jericho retains at Revolution, by hook or crook, and we get some kind of gimmick match at Double or Nothing.

Mainly because I don't see another big match for Double or Nothing and also I just can't imagine a Jericho in AEW without the championship. Not yet at least. Don't me wrong, if Mox wins at Revolution I'll be completely fine with it. But it's just the feeling I have right now.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
How about Moxley vs Pac in one main event, and Elite vs Inner Circle in a “Match Beyond” in the co-main?

If the Revival come, they can debut here against the Luchas.

I just need to see Orange Cassidy!

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
How about Moxley vs Pac in one main event, and Elite vs Inner Circle in a “Match Beyond” in the co-main?

If the Revival come, they can debut here against the Luchas.

I just need to see Orange Cassidy!
They did Moxley/Pac match twice on tv already. You can't sell a big ppv off that match so soon at this point. It's likely gonna be Moxley/Jericho rematch in some gimmick match. Unless they do Jericho/Omega or Moxley/Omega again or Moxley/Page. Since nothing else feels Double or Nothing main event worthy at this point.

if Cody can't be in main event. Since MJF isn't ready yet and not pushing Pac to that level yet. While probably be too soon for Hager or Archer or Brodie Lee or whoever they sign to be in title match already.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
They did Moxley/Pac match twice on tv already. You can't sell a big ppv off that match so soon at this point. It's likely gonna be Moxley/Jericho rematch in some gimmick match. Unless they do Jericho/Omega or Moxley/Omega again or Moxley/Page. Since nothing else feels Double or Nothing main event worthy at this point.

if Cody can't be in main event. Since MJF isn't ready yet and not pushing Pac to that level yet. While probably be too soon for Hager or Archer or Brodie Lee or whoever they sign to be in title match already.
They would have three months to build a Mox-Pac match, and it could start with Pac beating Omega in the Ironman match.

Otherwise, I understand your reasoning. I’m just really anxious to see a full-on Elite-Inner Circle feud.

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
They would have three months to build a Mox-Pac match, and it could start with Pac beating Omega in the Ironman match.

Otherwise, I understand your reasoning. I’m just really anxious to see a full-on Elite-Inner Circle feud.
AEW has this planned in advance. I don't think they do Moxley/Pac twice already on free tv, if that was the plan.

When there only doing four ppvs a year. I guess it's possible they do say Moxley/Page for title. Then do Inner Circle vs Elite(Cody,Omega&Bucks) if they wanted to do that. Or Moxley vs Omega rematch and Inner Circle vs Cody, Dustin&Young Bucks.

But it really feels like Moxley/Jericho won't be done in a three weeks. Either Moxley will want revenge for being screwed over and another shot. Or Jericho wanting revenge and his title back.

Since nobody expects Jericho to win clean like vs Page. While Cody has no more title shots stipulation and MJF story to move onto. It feels like there's more they can do with Moxley/Jericho for it to end. With neither having something strong to move onto. But I guess that can change with company adding new talent over next month or two.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Lance Archer, or Brodie Lee, can come into the picture immediately wrecking shop and earn a title shot. Their size would make for a huge selling point and gives credibility to Mox possibly losing, even if we all know that isn’t likely.

Or maybe Jericho actually fucking wins, and they have been working every single one of us just get back to where this all began with Alpha vs Omega III.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts