1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
He's alright.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
He was good last night, after very long time.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
The fact he has to "get over again" speaks volumes about this company - Pope is fucking fantastic.

·
Banned
10,897 Posts
He's fucking terrible. If this is the future of TNA, no wonder it's in as big a heap of shit as it currently is.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Most charasmatic performer in wrestling right now, well 2nd....seeing as the rock just came back!

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
He just oozes charisma, he has more of it than anyone in wrestling today (not including The Rock).

He truly is "The Cadillac of Pro Wrestling."

·
Don't rewrite the books, just rewrite the titles,
15,672 Posts
All the charisma in the world doesn't make up for the DDE, which is a simply awful finisher.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
I haven't watched last nights iMPACT yet but I haven't been really warm to him for a few months. Now that The Rock returned I have even less interest in him lol.

·
Registered
6,898 Posts
I don't see the fuss with him. He's a poor man's Rock.
In comparison though...anyone compared to the greatest entertainer of all time (at least from a wrestling standpoint) would be a poor version of him. I think Pope obviously has picked up things from The Rock, but at the same time he's made the character his own. On top of that, the name is a really good wrestling name. The gimmick works imo and I think all he needs is a bit of time to 100% perfect it. Once that's done it'll be cool. It'd help if TNA wasn't just in the Impact Zone, but that could be said about everyone on the whole roster. Crowd participation and reaction really does help a guy when watching it on TV.

He does need a new finisher though.

·
Banned
858 Posts
In comparison though...anyone compared to the greatest entertainer of all time (at least from a wrestling standpoint) would be a poor version of him. I think Pope obviously has picked up things from The Rock, but at the same time he's made the character his own. On top of that, the name is a really good wrestling name. The gimmick works imo and I think all he needs is a bit of time to 100% perfect it. Once that's done it'll be cool. It'd help if TNA wasn't just in the Impact Zone, but that could be said about everyone on the whole roster. Crowd participation and reaction really does help a guy when watching it on TV.

He does need a new finisher though.
Granted but what I meant was that him playing a character of the same vein as the Rock shows just how inadequate he is in the vital aspects of that character. To me he isn't charming and doesn't have a good delivery. After spending the last month or two fast-forwarding his segments with Joe, I gave last night's one a chance. I ended up skipping it after he started talking about Jesus texting him.

·
Registered
752 Posts
I've felt like Pope has lost something, but last night he seemed to get a little of it back. I want to see Pope pimpin' again real soon.

·
Registered
6,898 Posts
Yeah, I knew what you meant lol. I just think that maybe Pope does need like....a subject to talk about. Usually when he has something specific to talk about his promos are alot more enjoyable. I just watched that and it wasn't bad, but at the same time it wasn't anything special. As I said, it's obvious that The Rock has inspired him alot and he has taken quite alot of things that The Rock does and made that his own. There's nothing wrong with that, because The Rock is one of the best to do it and D'Angelo is still young and has time to grow. I just think that with time he can "grow" and perfect what he has already, because the man clearly has talent when it comes to talking, imo. The character and his speaking just need to be tweeked a little.

·
Premium Member
25,943 Posts
I've never really been a fan and this feud with Joe isn't doing either any favors. They deserve better considering their talents.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts