Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like McMahon is uncertain about the push to turn Shayna Baszler into one of the top heels on the Raw brand.

In the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Dave Meltzer noted that there is uncertainty on McMahon’s feelings about Shayna Baszler, specifically the match she had with Kairi Sane on this week’s episode of Monday Night Raw. Meltzer noted that McMahon felt that the Baszler vs. Sane match did not get the desired reaction and he felt that Baszler was not coming off like a WrestleMania headliner.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Possibly because Kairi is a fucking joke and you had that moron Asuka rambling shit throughout the match. The whole essence of their having to be a chamber to get this match is a booking farce - Shayna wins the rumble, you avoid all this BS.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
None of the women’s division gets a reaction. It would be nonsense to hold that against SB. If Vince is not sold on Shayna I guarantee it’s because of her looks.

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
Another post about Vince possibly having doubts about someone. Shocker. How about the executives start having doubts about Vince......

·
Registered
367 Posts
the match was changed on the day of the event, it was going to be Asuka Vs Shayna and you made the call to have it be Shayna Vs Kairi. You pull the carpet from underneath people, and continue to do this bait and switch option to where it desensitize the crowd to not give a fuck.

·
\m/
23,692 Posts
I wonder if Ronda's recent visit to WWE's HQ has any relation to this. In any case here is hoping they decide to have Becky retain at Mania. Shayna is honestly not worthy of facing let alone beating Becky there.

·
FOTC
10,493 Posts
Rousey is going to be a surprise entrant in the Elimination Chamber and WIN. Becky should tap out to Rousey in a hard fought, back and forth match at WM. The company can spin the loss by saying Lynch was the hardest working champion...

If Vince gave less dates to Ronda then she probably agreed to a new contract.

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
6,770 Posts
The match with Kairi was boring as fuck but I wouldn’t take that as reason to derail her push. Kairi and Shayna have had awesome matches in NXT. Personally, I would prefer for Becky to lose the gold and move back into a chasing role. Especially if Rousey isn’t coming back.

·
\m/
23,692 Posts
I would prefer for Becky to lose the gold and move back into a chasing role. Especially if Rousey isn’t coming back.
I would prefer her to retain at Mania then slowly get more and more cocky and turn "heelish" and then put over someone like Bianca or Rhea at SummerSlam. After that she can then get into a few non-title feuds, taking a break from the title picture for a bit. I think she has outgrown the "underdog babyface chasing the title" thing now.

·
Registered
7,698 Posts
Vince doesn't give up on people he already likes, no matter what reactions they're getting. Is Charlotte getting gonzo reactions lately? No. It's not just this Kairi match. The Survivor Series match also wasn't well received backstage. Fairly or not, Shayna now has a rep for being "boring" and if that is starting to stick, I can see cold feet happening.

She does come off a bit bland too on the bigger stage.

And long term, how do you market Shayna? How can she make you money? The main roster is a marathon, you can't play the same role forever. Could Shayna make you money, for example, as a face? No.

Jobbing Asuka to her on Monday would have been a horrendous idea. Fuck, I would laugh so hard if it was Vince's idea to pull Asuka from the match because he wasn't sure he wanted to give Shayna that rub. How's that for a plot twist? LOL

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
6,770 Posts
I would prefer her to retain at Mania then slowly get more and more cocky and turn "heelish" and then put over someone like Bianca or Rhea at SummerSlam. After that she can then get into a few non-title feuds, taking a break from the title picture for a bit. I think she has outgrown the "underdog babyface chasing the title" thing now.
That wouldn’t be a bad idea.

·
Registered
166 Posts
You can tell nobody on main roster creative watches NXT because how would they have expected anything different to happen with her. She was already a boring wrestler for NXT, people were sick of her as champ, her matches did not blow anyone away and the main roster is known for making everyone more boring than they should. Even in NXT I felt fear Shayna may bomb on the main roster.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts