Wrestling Forum banner

Would you like to see Nick Aldis in AEW?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Except: Regarding Nick Aldis, Tony Khan never spoke with him before he signed his new one-year NWA deal. Aldis connected with Christopher Daniels and had reached out to Khan. Khan didn't respond before Aldis signed back with the NWA

·
Registered
7,860 Posts
Feel like Aldis missed his window around the time AEW started and he'd had his NWA title series with Cody. He's faded back into relative obscurity now and to be honest he's pretty boring as a wrestler even though he carries himself very well. At most in AEW now, he might have Spears' role in the Pinnacle.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I disagree, kind sir.

Wrestling ability? Check.

Look? Check.

Promo ability? Check.

Marketability? Check.
That's fine. I get why some people might like him, but he bores me to sleep. He fits the same category for me that Killer Kross does. They look good, but they are both are missing something. This is coming from someone who thinks AEW's next bunch of signings should all be people that check various major boxes like presence, size, promo ability and wrestling ability. If you don't have 3 of those 4, I wouldn't sign them. Keith Lee, Shane Strickland, Adam Scherr, Moose, Hammerstone, Ospreay, Jay White, and Okada are the only ones I would bring in for full time deals. At least until they turn Dark into an NXT development style show. Then they can sign people to fill out that.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Nick Aldis is way too good for AEW. He actually understand ring psychology and character psychology, two things they are not doing(no not even during the Bryan-Hangman match). It would be a big mistake for Nick to go there, unless Corgan books his whole segments.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
That's fine. I get why some people might like him, but he bores me to sleep. He fits the same category for me that Killer Kross does. They look good, but they are both are missing something. This is coming from someone who thinks AEW's next bunch of signings should all be people that check various major boxes like presence, size, promo ability and wrestling ability. If you don't have 3 of those 4, I wouldn't sign them. Keith Lee, Shane Strickland, Adam Scherr, Moose, Hammerstone, Ospreay, Jay White, and Okada are the only ones I would bring in for full time deals. At least until they turn Dark into an NXT development style show. Then they can sign people to fill out that.
lol Killer Kross is the guy that AEW should go after the most. A big main event talent with a good character and charisma and Goldberg-like intimidation factor. He is what they have been looking for forever. No not Wardlow, Killer Kross.

·
Lifting weights and eating steaks
22,611 Posts
Nick Aldis is quite rightly in that area between "this guy is probably too good for my local independent" and "why on earth would they ever put that guy on TV?".

Khan be like:

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
lol Killer Kross is the guy that AEW should go after the most. A big main event talent with a good character and charisma and Goldberg-like intimidation factor. He is what they have been looking for forever. No not Wardlow, Killer Kross.
I disagree, but I expect AEW to sign him, so we will see. Right now he is just a tall bald guy with a lack of charisma.

·
Sassy Southern
Bless Your Heart
6,351 Posts
Tony Khan did Billy Corgan and the NWA a favor because the NWA needs Nick Aldis. The NWA needs all the help that they can get.

·
Banned
903 Posts
This circle jerk lovefest for Goldberg is weird. Killer Kross is not Charismatic. Making angry faces isn't charisma.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts