Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
THE EXTREME HORSEMEN
5,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Even though doctors have said that they don’t believe Katsuyori Shibata can ever be cleared, those close to Shibata have told us that Shibata is not accepting that answer and is determined and is training for a comeback.
As much as I want The Wrestler back in the ring, if a doctor says he can't do it, then he fucking shouldn't do it.

·
Registered
24,467 Posts
Re: WON: Even though doctors have said that they don’t believe Katsuyori Shibata can ever be cleared, those close to Shibata have told us that Shibata

As sad as it is for Shibata, I don't ever see him having a Daniel Bryan like come back, as hard as he may try.

·
Used to be a Dreamer, Dreamin' of a Fire
6,414 Posts
Re: WON: Even though doctors have said that they don’t believe Katsuyori Shibata can ever be cleared, those close to Shibata have told us that Shibata

Don't need another Misawa moment. Fuck that. Hopefully he never wrestles again

·
Premium Member
9,419 Posts

No, just no. This isn't like with DB where every doctor but one would clear him because of a concussion. Shibata had a subdural hematoma with partial paralysis. No doctor worth a damn would ever clear him after that. He's lucky to even be alive.

·
Registered
318 Posts

In the past medical staff might have looked the other way but with all the new research available regarding head injury if the Doctors say he has to wait that he has to wait.

·
The Dream
4,702 Posts

Shibata is my favorite wrestler, and his retirement was one of the hardest things I had to endure during my tenure as a wretling fan, but I don't want anything even more tragic to happen. I don't know what's the situation, but it's not hard for me to believe Shibata would disregard the doctors. I'm hoping he thinks real real hard about this one.

·
Baby It's Violence
7,122 Posts

I would adore him back if he could do it, but all signs point to that being a bad idea. I love the guy, but I don't need him coming back if there's any sort of risk for something life threatening to happen again.

I think his role in the company is great as is.

·
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER
5,600 Posts

With more info being out than there was 18 months ago, there's definitely no point risking it. I imagine the Dojo pay isn't very lucrative and he's been placed in California rather than Japan which might isolate him so he'll always have that itch to return. So hopefully New Japan management finds him something that'll keep him happy in a suit or tracksuit.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Speaking of, is it worth bringing up Katsuya Kitamura?

·
Registered
9,369 Posts
As much as I want The Wrestler back in the ring, if a doctor says he can't do it, then he fucking shouldn't do it.
No. Doctors don't always account for desire and self belief. Shibata should never give up of its what he dreams of doing. Ever.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
No. Doctors don't always account for desire and self belief. Shibata should never give up of its what he dreams of doing. Ever.
Desire and self belief aren't going to always be enough to solve this problem either though. He shouldn't necessarily stop training but if even after training up his body to be ready he still doesn't get cleared it's not like NJPW would put him in the ring anyway (I assume being admittedly semi ignorant of the culture)

Plus doctor's can't account for that as they have to focus purely on the state of the body and if it can hold up. Desire and self belief can carry you further than what they'd consider but that isn't going to guarantee him safety either and his safety should be more important than this.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts