Wrestling Forum banner

101 - 115 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
If anyone thinks he is right 100% of the time, then yes, they are being foolish. But it's fair to say he knows what he is doing, especially when it comes to news items. He's been doing this for 30 years and is still around. He's doing something right.

There's a difference between his news items and his opinions on matches/talents. I take his news reporting more seriously than just his opinions on wrestlers, matches, promos, all of which are subjective, whereas news is not. If anyone takes his opinions to be fact, then they are wrong to do that. I don't do that. I care more/look out for his news more than I do his opinions.

They only do house shows at MSG these days. They don't do any TVs or PPVs at MSG anymore because they can't afford it anymore.
THIS! The one person on the planet that doesn't care about Meltzer's opinion is Meltzer. If someone likes Baron Corbin and thinks he's good but Meltzer doesn't like him, should that stop you for supporting him? Nah.

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
If anyone thinks he is right 100% of the time, then yes, they are being foolish. But it's fair to say he knows what he is doing, especially when it comes to news items. He's been doing this for 30 years and is still around. He's doing something right.

There's a difference between his news items and his opinions on matches/talents. I take his news reporting more seriously than just his opinions on wrestlers, matches, promos, all of which are subjective, whereas news is not. If anyone takes his opinions to be fact, then they are wrong to do that. I don't do that. I care more/look out for his news more than I do his opinions.

They only do house shows at MSG these days. They don't do any TVs or PPVs at MSG anymore because they can't afford it anymore.
ah yes fair enough, tbh ive listened to him recently to see the enzo stuff as i was intrigued by it

·
I'll take you down the only road I've ever been do
52,342 Posts
Serious? They always bill that as their home base. :lmao
Yeah. It's been this way for awhile now. That's why SummerSlam, Raw, and SD is always in Barclays Arena in Brooklyn. It's basically replaced MSG for WWE because it's cheaper to run. They still run a few house shows per year at MSG, though. But that's it, sadly.

·
Registered
6,631 Posts
Maybe the WWE should stop ripping off their customers by charging outrages prices for a shitty product. The fans don't even get to witness pyro anymore.

Maybe this is the real reason Vince wants his target audience to be kids. Because kids will whine and cry until their parents fork out the money for these tickets.

·
Banned
9,176 Posts
Why would you buy expensive SS tickets, instead of Raw and SD, when they´ll do all the SummerSlam rematches on Monday and Tuesday anyway.
At this point, PPVs are used to hype TV shows. Especially Smackdown.
It's absurd, it's perverse, but it's true.

Damn true.

How does liking the company make someone obsessive? :hmmm
Many confuse liking the company with obsessively putting "the IWC" down by spouting what they perceive as clever and snide one-liners.

Including you.

Reactions: Ace

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
But, but the fatal-4-way is the biggest match between heavyweights ever. What do you expect with those shitty graffiti graphics and promos. Summerslam this year doesn't feel special.
This has to be the worst job they've done in terms of advertising. Usually Summerslam weeks feel pumped up, nearly as much as Wrestlemania. This year you could easily overlook that SummerSlam is taking place.

·
Registered
5,811 Posts
Why would you buy expensive SS tickets, instead of Raw and SD, when they´ll do all the SummerSlam rematches on Monday and Tuesday anyway.
Flawless logic, except for the fact Lesnar never has and never will wrestle at a RAW or Smackdown in the same capacity as a PPV since he originally returned to the WWE.

101 - 115 of 115 Posts