Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unlike the previous two years, when NXT, SummerSlam and Raw all sold out in advance, none of the three events were sold out this year as of press time. Depending on how it is set up, the capacity for the shows was about 13,500 two years ago and a little bit more last year. In the case of SummerSlam itself, it was because of far more expensive tickets being put on sale as the cheapest primary market ticket available is for $500. The secondary market bottom price has risen from $139 to $155, so there is no lack of interest in tickets and whatever ends up unsold would be more due to price.

The same can’t be said for the other three shows. NXT still has $25 tickets left, and the secondary market price for entry dropped from $40 to $36. Raw has sold out the cheapest tickets over the past week, but you can still get secondary market tickets for as low as $45, and primary tickets left are all $125 and up.

Smackdown remains the same as last week, with tickets as low as $25 available from primary market outlets and as low as $38 for the secondary market.

The first NXT sellout two years ago was legit in the sense the ticket demand was there. Last year’s sellout was legit, but it was based on ticket brokers and scalpers buying up the building all three nights expecting a big return due to demand. However, NXT tickets in particular didn’t have as big a demand and the prices crashed, so this year the ticket brokers weren’t as strong in buying up anything but SummerSlam.

Source: WON

·
Roy "Gambit" Mustang
10,407 Posts
This is what happens when you have a shit product overall :draper2 Only matches I give a fuck about are Universal title, Raw tag team titles and ironically the two pre-show matches. All other matches look unappealing or the build has bored me.

Takeover shocks me a bit as that card does look decent

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
I say a lot of those events will sell out come time of the show, plenty will buy tickets on the day of the events. No shock really they haven't sold out, Summerslam aside from the Lesnar/Reigns/Joe/Strowman main event nothing else on the card really jumps out as must see. Even Cena match is meh. Plenty of matches have been seen on Raw and Smackdown already a few times over (AJ/Owens, plus Balor/Wyatt was just on Raw on Monday). So no surprise it's not sold out.

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
Apart from the main event, Summerslam is very weak this year.

And NXT has been dead for quite a while now.

·
#1 Somamaniac
13,667 Posts
But what about those 3 billions indians? Oh you alienated them by getting the anthem booed well done. But what about that 4 way main event ohhhhhh its 3 people who in mainstream aren't very over and Lesnar who has been over used and his star power has ran out. I wonder why it ain't sold out.

This is what happens when you have horrible tv and no stars.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Well no surprise, only couple of matches from SS card aren't rematch #14528 or some shit that nobody cares about like Big Show/Big Cass. As for NXT, I don't follow it, but I feel like none of these guys are really draws? I mean, previously they at least had people like Nakamura and Joe there, nobody on that card is really comparable to those two, I think.

·
the endorse who set the course
8,678 Posts
ticketmaster fees suck too(if you're getting them there) bought $25 tickets for raw the other week, ended up $40 apiece. in my opinion the only way to go with wrestling tickets is to get the shittiest/cheapest seats on the hard camera side. the non camera side always has more open good seats. just scope out the good seats from the balcony, and then make your move. ushers are extremely lax.

·
#WWELogic
3,974 Posts
WON: None of the four shows at Barclays Center have sold out yet

With the likes of #JobberMahal #REGINS-A-MANIA #FiftyFiftyBooking #CrazyOldBastardMcMahon #LACKofIntrest #Ratings #LightBrightTitle #GetThePOINT

Honestly while there has been "highlight's" and heck even a palatable Regins throughout the build to Summer Slam there ISN'T that "Story of the Summer" from.......

2000's "Love Triangle" & "TLC" 01's "inVasion angle", 02's "Brock/Rock & HBK/HHH", 03's " Goldberg/Chamber", 05's "HBK/Hogan & Hardy/Edge", 08's "HIAC & Tista/Cena 1st time ever", 09 "The Return of DX", 2010 "Nexus", 2011 "Summer of Punk", 2013 "Yes Movement & Punk/Lesnar" ect.

There's really NOTHING drawing me in, sure Rollins/Ambrose but meh this is just the story of a #SADSummerSlam

·
Baby Yoda
30,260 Posts
Last year you had two dream matches and a good third feud.

This year, they have two good matches. That's all.

Who the fuck would be stupid enough to pay MORE for that, keep in mind how much of a let down last year was even with the stronger card fpalm

·
Registered
14,792 Posts
$500 for the cheapest seats which are mid level?

https://media.giphy.com/media/qd5PqDj6WiNry/giphy.gif[/]

That is ridiculous for such a shit card :lmao. They need to bring their ticket prices down.[/QUOTE]

To lower ticket prices would require something.. a profit margin to cut into to absord the loss.. Ooooopsy! But hey, record revenue right?

·
Banned
6,218 Posts
I don't blame people Summerslam looks terrible besides the main event but even that will be a let down because it's obvious roid head Lesnar will win. I could care less about boring NXT also.

1 - 20 of 115 Posts