Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
IRAN #1
2,431 Posts
Not even WWE would do something like this.. They'll just hold you prisoner in the company for years until all your love and passion for pro wrestling is gone.

·
NBA
3,331 Posts
When Kenny Omega went to Japan for the DDT show, he was stopped going into the country. It’s the third time this has happened since he left New Japan. Something happened where there was an attempt to get him banned from going to Japan for ten years. He did get in, like he has every time, and worked the show. But he was very bitter about New Japan and Nick Jackson made a cryptic tweet about New Japan. Suffice to say feelings are very bad right now with them, even though Jericho is going to the Tokyo Dome since he has a separate deal. Nothing has been said regarding Jon Moxley at the Tokyo Dome but there are still two months to go

To me this reads like Kenny fucked up with his papers stuff and they simply decided to turn it into a work, to get some buzz. It wouldn't be the first time they do something like that, you know, like with the whole lost belt thing.

·
Registered
9,909 Posts
It’s unreal that people still take Meltzer word for anything. I guess it’s not surprising that AEW marks are a bunch of sheep, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Meltzer is usually good, but his AEW bias is so freakin’ annoying. The effort he will go to defend anything they do is just ridiculous.

So did Dave actually implicate NJPW or is this folk spinning his words?
A good question. For whatever reason, this happens to Meltzer quite a lot. People conflate his opinion and speculation with something he is reporting will actually happen all the time.

·
Used to be a Dreamer, Dreamin' of a Fire
6,416 Posts
I thought you renounce one's existing citizenships when naturalizing in Japan? Isn't it hard to have dual citizenship in Japan ?
From what I know, "renouncing ones citizenship" is more or less a symbolic formality in Japan, at least as it concerns certain countries like Canada. But maybe that nominal dual citizenship has been the source of his recent issues

Or maybe he's in ISIS now and they're investigating

Either way, pro wrestling storyline writer Gedo did not convince Japanese national immigration officials to keep him out of the country

·
Registered
22,722 Posts
People are spinning his world, thank you for having the competence to actually question that, unlike the other dorks in this thread.

Dave said it's started to happen after he left NJPW, and that's true, never did he say NJPW was doing it.
Well folk have pointed out that his shit gets twisted so much it just made sense to ask. Because that's a wild accusation for him to just throw out lol

·
Registered
1,189 Posts

He’s obviously just trying to rile up the marks and promote full gear this weekend.

If something had actually happened there is zero reason he wouldn’t be talking about it. He’s not under contract to NJPW and has zero reason to not speak out if he actually had something to say.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
As stated before, it’s probably related to recent changes to the employment law in Japan. And it’s known NJPW contracts expire on Jan 4, so Omega was bound to run into trouble since then. If it turns out NJPW did have a hand in this, I won’t defend them and might even abandon them for either AJPW or NOAH. But I think it is unlikely, although I understand why people might believe that they did.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
A shame to read. NJPW and AEW should be working together. Imagine the matches and quality product. Imagine the money both promotions would set out to make. Win-Win for everyone if they worked together. A damn shame..

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
As far as I know, he actually has Japanese citizenship right? Very rare for a foreigner, but how could they block him if he is a citizen?

·
Registered
9,909 Posts
A shame to read. NJPW and AEW should be working together. Imagine the matches and quality product. Imagine the money both promotions would set out to make. Win-Win for everyone if they worked together. A damn shame..
Can you imagine Okada vs. Joey Janela and Minoru Suzuki vs. Orange Cassidy? The King of Sports has finally arrived!

Even if there wasn’t justifiable heat, New Japan and AEW are a poor aesthetic fit. AEW are better off working with NXT at this point.

As far as I know, he actually has Japanese citizenship right? Very rare for a foreigner, but how could they block him if he is a citizen?
It’s looking more and more like the story is bullshit.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
For AEW to get better? I’m not counting on it.

For you to quit bitching.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Can you imagine Okada vs. Joey Janela and Minoru Suzuki vs. Orange Cassidy? The King of Sports has finally arrived!

Even if there wasn’t justifiable heat, New Japan and AEW are a poor aesthetic fit. AEW are better off working with NXT at this point.

It’s looking more and more like the story is bullshit.
Because comparing NJPW's golden boy to an AEW low card wrestler and using Orange Cassidy who hasn't even had a singles match in AEW himself yet as an example makes a lot of sense.

41 - 60 of 60 Posts