Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
Let's assume NJPW helped him get a dual citizenship. They'd be sponsoring it and given that he no longer works there and entered on intent of working with DDT, seems like an immigration issue rather than a NJPW issue. Seems like something people would blame American immigration on if it happened in America than AEW, WWE etc.
Dual citizenship works outside of employment sponsorship

I was sponsored to work in UK on a work visa - I can only work at that 1 job

After 5 years I can get a residence permit (which can be revoked) - but it allows me to work any job

After 6 years (1 year later) I can get citizenship, which allows me a UK passport and also the ability to work anywhere

Most countries have a similar system

Not sure about Kenny’s status - but I remember him saying he has ‘citizenship’ - maybe he meant ‘residency’ - which should allow him to work anywhere, but can also be revoked if not used in 6 months - country depending

Who knows.

Long and short - i highly doubt this has anything to do with NJPW

·
Baby It's Violence
7,122 Posts
I love Dave, but where the fuck did you pull this one out of bud? I don't think NJPW can somehow have immigration power, last I heard that isn't how it works. The only way this is even remotely possible is if BushiRoad somehow knew people in immigration who could have complicated things for him, and that's such a stretch on its own.

Plus, the only ones who really are negative towards Kenny and the Elite are NJPW management/ownership. The wrestlers and Gedo probably would welcome a partnership.

·
Registered
9,909 Posts
I love Dave, but where the fuck did you pull this one out of bud? I don't think NJPW can somehow have immigration power, last I heard that isn't how it works. The only way this is even remotely possible is if BushiRoad somehow knew people in immigration who could have complicated things for him, and that's such a stretch on its own.

Plus, the only ones who really are negative towards Kenny and the Elite are NJPW management/ownership. The wrestlers and Gedo probably would welcome a partnership.
They’re doing better without them, aren’t they? And there’s so much silly shit on there. I think New Japan has working arrangements with the people they want to.

·
Registered
11,892 Posts
Yup. Jericho and Gedo have been friends for 25 years but hes gonna pull a Bret Hart screwjob on him because of AEW. LOL.

The stuff you hear on the AEW forum sometimes.
How long did Vince know Bret for before he screwjobbed him? Business is business.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
It’s unreal that people still take Meltzer word for anything. I guess it’s not surprising that AEW marks are a bunch of sheep, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
It’s unreal that people still take Meltzer word for anything. I guess it’s not surprising that AEW marks are a bunch of sheep, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All you do is bitch about AEW.

Reactions: CMPunkRock316

·
Used to be a Dreamer, Dreamin' of a Fire
6,416 Posts
What? Why are people buying this story straight up? How the fuck can some tiny wrestling company keep a guy - who I believe has dual Japanese and Canadian citizenship - from entering the entire country?

Y'all hear how ridiculous that sounds right?

:swaggyp :swaggyp :swaggyp :swaggyp :swaggyp :swaggyp :swaggyp :swaggyp :swaggyp :swaggyp :swaggyp :swaggyp :swaggyp :swaggyp :swaggyp :swaggyp :swaggyp :swaggyp :swaggyp :swaggyp :swaggyp :swaggyp :swaggyp :swaggyp

How fucking old are the people in this section? This is childish.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
If this is remotely true, AEW needs to get the title off Jericho before he wrestles in Japan again. If they're going to this level, a screw job is certainly something they'd to.
NJPW booking an AEW Championship match and screwing Jericho out of AEW's title is even more ridiculous than Bushiroad having any possible ties to the Japanese immigration agency... Thinking NJPW or Bushiroad having any kind of government ties is a huge stretch anyway, but forcefully taking a title they don't have any rights to use, from a company that they don't have any partnership with, and thinking that would mean anything to AEW who would just not acknowledge the change and just give another physical belt to Jericho, and on top it all thinking AEW wouldn't sue NJPW for using AEW intellectual property without permission if NJPW ever tried to defend their unofficial version of the championship, that scenario is just a mess of holes.

·
Registered
625 Posts
They need to learn there lesson and stop pushing gaijins. The minute Devitt got hot and ready for a run at the top of the card he left. Then the entire bulletclub and Nakamura leave within the same day. Then you get the entire Elite going. They have lost 4 of there absolute top stars ever in the span of a few years

·
WF's #1 AlphaMalePoster
325 Posts
Too bad they couldn't get him banned in the USA.

He's so boring and ruining AEW with his crappy Women's division - One of the worst rosters of all-time.

·
C Mac G
6,108 Posts
So did Dave actually implicate NJPW or is this folk spinning his words?
People are spinning his world, thank you for having the competence to actually question that, unlike the other dorks in this thread.

Dave said it's started to happen after he left NJPW, and that's true, never did he say NJPW was doing it.

·
This Post Is Rated R
2,741 Posts
I thought Japanese people were genuinally quite Healthy? Seems the ones running NJPW been ingesting a whole loada salt tho.

21 - 40 of 60 Posts