Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Baby Yoda
30,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hojo was given the word that she has to come up with a new finisher. A lot of people questioned that. Hojo has the coolest looking elbow off the top rope in pro wrestling, probably the best since a young ICW-era Randy Savage. She was told that’s Bayley’s move. To those in Japan, it’s considered ridiculous because that’s the move she’s known for, but it’s a different world.
You've got to be kidding me fpalm

Next they're going to prevent Kenny doing the OWA because Damo uses it fpalm

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
What's up with Bayley to Belly suplex?
I thought the elbow drop finish in Mania was a special tribute finish.
Btw, this is the chick from Lucha right? Her elbow drop is weirdly nice looking.

·
Registered
13,127 Posts
Fuck me that is a nice elbow drop...

They should let her keep it if only because it would be a perfect kayfabe example why different people doing the same move has different effects. (Reigns spear pins people Big Show's doesnt, Michaels' superkick pins people Ziggler's doesn't, ect.) Kairi's elbow drop looks devistating where as other people's looks like it should hurt the person delivering the move more than the person taking it.

As for Bayley how can it be "her move" if she never pins anyone with it? Bullshit reasoning, especially considering plenty of other people do or have done elbow drops.

I'll never understand why WWE signs people and then wants to change everything about them... aside from changing their name so WWE can trademark it... I get that... it's stupid but I get it...

·
Premium Member
858 Posts
I really like her elbow drop, its very different than what im used to seeing. But yeah this seems silly to me, her elbow is different enough that it shouldn't matter.

·
Registered
913 Posts

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
Meh. It's a woman that weighs as much as a feather doing what should be a high impact move. They should both drop it.
Yeah, but they're doing it on other women who also weigh as much as a feather. It's all relative. Something like that would do no damage to a male heavyweight, but to another woman it could be more effective.

Reactions: Ace

·
Registered
3,785 Posts
Who the hell cares?

People change their finishers when switching companies all the time. I know there's a lot of Bayley hate here, but I'm afraid it's a simple case of "she was here first" when it comes to WWE. It's nothing to do with it being Bayley specifically. If Hojo's finisher was a the scissors kick that Alicia Fox just started using, she'd get told the same thing.

Get over it.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Oh for fuck's sake. Let's discount the fact that Kairi and Bayley won't even be on the same show for what will probably be a good while, even if they were, Hojo's elbow drop looks completely unique to any other in wrestling. Bayley doesn't even use the move as a finish for the most part. It's incredibly stupid and short sighted from them. That finish alone could get her over, but who cares about getting people over, right?

There's even precedent for this sort of thing in the company right now, given that Finn and Seth both use the Slingblade and they're on the same show.

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
Let's get real

The real reason they don't want her doing the elbow drop is because she will show up every single male wrestler on the roster

Open your eyes and pay attention people

Hell, one of the girls from Stardom has a better double stomp than Finn Balor. WWE won't tolerate any of that shit.
Someone always gotta take it too far...

Anyway, this is dumb. More than one person can use an elbow drop. Its not like its some super unique move. How many people use the spear?

1 - 20 of 94 Posts