Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
TEAM KICK!
9,429 Posts
I think it'd be a great idea. It would give more of the women a chance to shine, and given the talent they have on the main roster with Sasha, Charlotte, Paige, Becky, Nikki etc. and then the NXT girls like Bayley, Asuka, Emma, Bliss... There'd be no shortage of wrestlers able to get involved in a women's tag title scene. The only real worry is that the WWE would treat it with no respect at all. The Charlotte/Becky feud has been the first really well done storyline that the division has had for a long time, and the tag title scene is boring as hell right now and they just don't put any effort into it at all, it's just one team vs another team in a horribly generic and shallow feud while occasionally a multi team tag match is made for bigger events.

So yeah, it's something that i'd love to see, but i don't think they'd do it right at all sadly.

·
Registered
17,496 Posts
Instead of bringing in more pointless junk straps just give the division multiple feuds. Reason everyone liked Trish's era was because there were many things going on at once, but the main goal was always the title. Whilst say Trish fought Victoria for the belt you'd have Lita go after Jazz, Molly with Jacqueline etc.

Fast forward over a decade and there's just the one feud, and it'll be dropped like a hot brick the second the next one starts.

·
Banned
2,301 Posts
The woman don't need another title.. Fans always have ideas like this, what would be so interesting about bringing in another female championship? They could barely book the divas title properly, there's no way Tag Titles could work.. The Bellas will hold the titles for a year, lose them, probably win them back again, because the Bellas are only legit tag team in the divas division.

It's just a ridiculous idea.

·
Premium Member
5,176 Posts
Idt the women's Tagtitles would get the right exposure on MR and even on NXT it'd be rarely seen due to their rotational system for maximum use of their roster. For me the only chance the Women's roster can benefit from a Tagtitle scene is to create an hour weekly show purely for the Women's roster of NXT & MR, reason being it doesn't have to deal with taking any TV time away from the MR/NXT, it creates a new niche for WWE that follows on from NXT's concept by being a unique show for a specific audience and it allows MR/NXT women to intermingle feuds and even alliances. Essentially it'd be WWE's version of SHIMMER and could easily attract more talented female wrestlers who otherwise wouldn't want to be caught up in the current booking style.

·
Registered
17,496 Posts
Idt the women's Tagtitles would get the right exposure on MR and even on NXT it'd be rarely seen due to their rotational system for maximum use of their roster. For me the only chance the Women's roster can benefit from a Tagtitle scene is to create an hour weekly show purely for the Women's roster of NXT & MR, reason being it doesn't have to deal with taking any TV time away from the MR/NXT, it creates a new niche for WWE that follows on from NXT's concept by being a unique show for a specific audience and it allows MR/NXT women to intermingle feuds and even alliances. Essentially it'd be WWE's version of SHIMMER and could easily attract more talented female wrestlers who otherwise wouldn't want to be caught up in the current booking style.
Yeah until the first weeks ratings come in, and the plug is pulled. Even TNA didn't do a weekly Knockouts show, and look how great their division was in its heyday. Katie Lea did an interview once and said womens wrestling doesn't sell tickets. It's a side attraction. She's of course right, the same mind set can go back to the days of the World wars.

Outside of Japan it isn't profitable.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Could have worked a few years ago with LayCool, Divas of Doom, Bella Twins, but now I don't see any legitimate teams capable of carrying Diva's Tag Titles.

I would just focus on the most prestigious prize the Diva's Division has right now: The Diva's Championship - and leave it at that.

Unless you want to see The Bella Twins win 2 minute matches defending their Diva's Tag Titles on Main Event or whatever, then by all means that's your prerogative.

·
Premium Member
5,176 Posts
Yeah until the first weeks ratings come in, and the plug is pulled. Even TNA didn't do a weekly Knockouts show, and look how great their division was in its heyday. Katie Lea did an interview once and said womens wrestling doesn't sell tickets. It's a side attraction. She's of course right, the same mind set can go back to the days of the World wars.

Outside of Japan it isn't profitable.
Then WWE can get around any concern of TV ratings by having it exclusive to the Network the same way NXT is, imo NXT has been such a success because it's avoided the critical glare of Cable-TV and its ratings wars. I agree if it was applied to any MR shows it would struggle but again thats the beauty of WWE's Network they can experiment there free of any of these concerns.

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Eventually yes, but WWE need their act together first with their Women's division. How about they start with giving more time to the women?
Unless we are talking about NXT, then yes it would probably work with their women's roster. Plus they know how to book women.

·
Registered
52 Posts
If we have a woman tag team it would be like the NJPW intercontinental title, a title who the bellas will have allways with a change of other woman to view if the woman is ready or not in the Main roster. It isn't a bad idea, they make bellas space in the division who isn't title orbite or feud beetween there, they built good nikki's opponent, and when Brie retired(I think she will retire to make a live with brian) both belt would be over enought, and Nikki will have serious oponent to a last divas reign.
But I prefer a second woman title, like Queen of FCW shit, you built your star like the Intercontinental in the 80s and 90s,and a tag title they gonna fail like TNA Tag team(I see making santina and bayley wining the titles).
Also NXT need a IC title, but one who only compete the non indy darlyn.Baron corbin with a Ultimate warrior's IC run with the title would be awesome

·
Banned
4,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I've also wondered what would happen if they brought back the Women's Championship and kept the Diva's Championship as a secondary belt for awhile. Then maybe Sasha Banks could win both titles, reach under the ring and grab HHH's sledgehammer and smash the Diva belt while announcing that anyone who wants a glorified Lisa Frank sticker needs to go to the dollar store, only women are getting in the ring with her. LOL!! In my dreams.

·
Registered
6,872 Posts
I've also wondered what would happen if they brought back the Women's Championship and kept the Diva's Championship as a secondary belt for awhile. Then maybe Sasha Banks could win both titles, reach under the ring and grab HHH's sledgehammer and smash the Diva belt while announcing that anyone who wants a glorified Lisa Frank sticker needs to go to the dollar store, only women are getting in the ring with her. LOL!! In my dreams.
Would be so ironic since sashas entire gimmick is based on being a diva. She May Have The Biggest Diva Gimmick On The Main Roster Currently Next To nikki.

·
Banned
4,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Would be so ironic since sashas entire gimmick is based on being a diva. She May Have The Biggest Diva Gimmick On The Main Roster Currently Next To nikki.
That's one gimmick, which could easily be changed. Hell, if she dumped Naomi and Tamina and announced she was gonna get serious, she could come out without that gimmick and it'd be no big deal at all.

That's a big difference from billing ALL the women as Divas and treating them like a group of wrestlers who are less serious. Who the fuck can take wrestlers seriously when they're fighting for a belt that looks like a six year old's refrigerator art.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts