Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
4,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If there were enough quality women on the main roster, who could have interesting feuds like Charlotte and Becky, do you think having women's belts for that could work out? I mean, as long as they were gold and not pink and silver (ugh)?

·
Welcome To The Jungle
2,010 Posts
Right now there's not enough divas to warrant tag titles for the women and probably never will be enough, I doubt it would work

·
Registered
11,749 Posts
Yes. But only if NXT Women were involved to fill out the division. Brie Bella, Nikki Bella, Alicia Foxx, Sasha Banks, Tamina, Naomi, Paige, Charlotte, Becky Lynch, Nattie, Summer Rae, Bayley, Asuka, Emma, Alexa Bliss, Carmella, Dana Brooke, Cameron, Eva Marie, Peyton Royce, Nia Jax, Billie Kay, Santana Garrett...

·
Banned
4,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Right now there's not enough divas to warrant tag titles for the women and probably never will be enough, I doubt it would work
I think a problem is the way they portray them. The reason Beck/Char seems interesting is that it feels REAL. The other feuds, and I use that term loosely, have all been, I hate to say, silly cat fights. THey need story lines they, and the fans, can sink our teeth into.

·
Banned
4,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes. But only if NXT Women were involved to fill out the division. Brie Bella, Nikki Bella, Alicia Foxx, Sasha Banks, Tamina, Naomi, Paige, Charlotte, Becky Lynch, Nattie, Summer Rae, Bayley, Asuka, Emma, Alexa Bliss, Carmella, Dana Brooke, Cameron, Eva Marie, Peyton Royce, Nia Jax, Billie Kay, Santana Garrett...
Nattie jumps out at me,obviously, but so many of those women are so underused it's pitiful. It's embarrassing as a fan to watch the writers half ass some bullshit for them, when they could be doing so much more, in the ring, in interviews, on promos.

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
I love talking a Women Tag Titles. I want them, they are historically a piece of history in WWE.

I think they should have made some during the 2010-2015 era, with so many pairs, it is shocking they didn't run with it with Laycool, and later Bella Twins. Both teams were begging for tag titles, but didn't get them.

I count over 30 women who have competed in a WWE ring, in last month or so, majority of them are at NXT, so maybe let NXT Women get some tag titles first.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
If there's a woman tag titles , it would end uo being dominated by the bella twins and then you'll 2 bella matches on the show the whole diva division would suffer as a result as they would hog all the tv time.

·
Banned
4,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If there's a woman tag titles , it would end uo being dominated by the bella twins and then you'll 2 bella matches on the show the whole diva division would suffer as a result as they would hog all the tv time.
THey can't be there forever. There's too many up and comers that will be over way more than the Bellas if they give them a chance.

·
TONI POR TODO!
4,544 Posts
Yeah, that's way better than an ''intercontinental'' championship for women.
And WWE lately hires, hires, and hires A LOT of wrestlers.

If they want they could have a healthy tag team division for women, with ''divas'' debuting as tag teams, as it should be for the most part.

Reactions: Asmodeus

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
I'm all for it. Considered most of my favorite aren't top divas in WWE eyes.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
You'd need to have a lot more women before I'd entertain the idea, and even then I would personally book the women's tag teams as the weak workers while the top tier women competed for the women's singles title.

Like right now we're looking at tag teams of Naomi and Tamina vs. Brie Bella and either Nikki or Alicia Fox, and while I think that match could be decent enough if you let them bump hard enough on pay-per-view, is it really worth it clogging things up with another title?

·
It me.
13,505 Posts
They don't pay any attention to the tag team division and they don't pay any attention to the women's division, and you want them to create a women's tag team division? :lol

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
This. Imagine the bellas defending the titles at full sail?

·
The Last Dragon
14,488 Posts
Baymella is reason enough to bring back those titles.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Although I am a supporter of a proper women's division and real women wrestlers I do not think a women's tag team title would get any love.
It has taken WWE years to get more serious about a women's division again, after the diva search purged the women's division of legitimate workers in 2004-05 WWE just gave up on women's wrestling being anything more than models phoning it in.
It was only because fans stood up for women's wrestling last year and the success of the NXT women that WWE had a change of heart and that is a slow moving process where as long as the Bellas are around then a revolution will not be completed.
The Bellas use the division to promote Total Divas, that is all they care about despite what WWE tries force feeding us with about them, the Bellas want a media career not a wrestling career.
When it comes to tag titles the talent is not at that point to warrant a tag team title.
I doubt many fans are going to get too excited over the Bella twins ruling another division taking on the oh so exciting teams of Tamina & Naomi or legendary combinations like Summer Rae & Rosa Mendes.
Lets be honest it would suck and WWE would drop it quickly, TNA tried it a few years ago and it failed because the talent was not strong enough to maintain a tag division.
WWE themselves also had Women's Tag titles in the 1980's, again it failed because there was only 2 teams competed for them properly and the division was not strong enough.
Today we may have more women on the roster but it is very hit and miss...
You have your genuine wrestlers like Natalya, Paige, Becky Lynch, Charlotte & Sasha Banks which gives the division hope along with potential NXT call ups Bayley, Asuka, Emma etc.
Then you have your mediocre workers like Tamina and Alicia Fox that have been around for years and never get over and never will and are overall boring in every way. Naomi is a improving prospect, given some time she could be better than what she is presently.
The Bellas are just politics players and are there to plug Total Divas only.
Summer Rae hardly ever competes.
Then you have the total garbage like Rosa Mendes and Cameron who should not even be employed at this point.
So looking at that I would not say we presently have a division to warrant a must see Women's Tag Team division.
Maybe in a few years when the Bellas and the dead wood have finally moved on or have been let go and the NXT women are the main roster then maybe they can give it pause for thought but right now it just would not work and would fall flat.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts