Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Pretty good division, despite the unwarranted hate many of them in that photo get fact is there's only one bad wrestler in the bunch; Eva, but she could be a fantastic manager and is stupidly gorgeous. The others all bring something to the table pro wrestling wise.
That's exactly what they should do with Eva. Make her someone's valet. It would probably work wonders.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Brie is retired (thanks god) and Nikki in few months too.

Eva, Rosa and Summer should be fired. They're horrible.

Tamina isn't good anymore since her injury. Her championship match against Beth was epic.

Lana is a good manager, but keep her away from a match.

Sad that Paige, Naomi and Emma are jobbers. Nattie still has chances, but isn't on the top. Alicia... Well, I'm surprise that she is still there.

Maryse is awesome, I'm glad that she is back! Can't wait to see her acting in the Women's Division.

Charlotte, Sasha and Becky are awesome too.

Can't wait to see Bayley, Emma, Asuka, Billie and Peyton there.
Summer can actually hold her own but her look and ring trash talking that sounds like whiny yelling makes others think otherwise.

Nikki is recovering, not retiring and to any fool that can't see how much she has worked her tail off the last few years, really becoming a good wrestler is blind.

Tamina is what big show, Mark Henry, and Kane are to the men-scary look but not much bite anymore.

Peyton's packaging is so dumb. SO dumb. Scratch that crap and slick back hair or stay in NXT. Bad idea there.

·
Premium Member
9,758 Posts
I'd say the division was just as good from 2007/2010, with being WOAT from 2011-2013.
This is a pretty good division, it's just that I think the generation of Mickie/Melina/Maryse/Michelle/Beth/Katie Lea/Gail Kim was just as good, but they just weren't given the same opportunities as the current crop of female wrestler

I think in this video Michelle talks about they used to ask them to tone it down so they wouldn't outshine the guys, and I'm pretty sure Gail Kim said the same thing too.
It was pretty for example at the time how Ashley had WM matches at WM 23 and 24, and Mickie James the most over diva they had didn't.

I remember how much Natalya vs Beth Phoenix was teased by WWE, and how much people on the internet wanted it. That feud could have done a lot for the division, hell Katie Lea vs Beth would have done a lot for the division, can you imagine a match like this on RAW??

Anw, for the current crop, It's really good, If they can start developing more than 1 feud at the same time it would be good, plus, give the crowd Sasha already, people are chanting for her during Charlotte/Nattie segments, it's kinda disrespectful to them and it's no one's fault but the guys booking it, either give Sasha sthg to do earlier, or book her in the feud.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Until WWE gets rid of the bathroom break divas that panned the division flat for the past few years then they are still going to have that tarnish what potentially could be one of the best women's divisions WWE has ever had.

The Bellas despite what some deluded Total Divas marks think are not good wrestlers, Nikki had to improve to get the push for the Bella show for their own personal media gain, that is all the Bellas care about they could not care less about women's wrestling. Nikki with her forearm resthold and rack attack wrestling hardly impresses someone that has grown up with Madusa, Bull Nakano, Glamour Girls, JBA and the women's division of 2002-2004.

Alicia Fox has always been sloppy and a botch machine, does not connect with the fans and never will same applies to Tamina.

Summer Rae still looks pretty green at times and Naomi is a work in progress.

Eva Marie and Rosa Mendes are just utter shit at everything.

Maryse and Lana are decent to good in their roles as valets, they are better suited to those roles than in ring work.

For in ring credibility the division has 6 good workers imo
Natalya, Charlotte, Sasha Banks, Becky Lynch, Paige and Emma.
Add Bayley and Asuka to that group and you have a solid talented in ring division.
Keep Maryse and Lana as valets, let Naomi improve her craft, get rid of the Bellas, Eva Marie, Rosa, Tamina, Fox and Summer.
Rehire Kharma.
Problem solved.

·
Registered
17,484 Posts
I will say this, the WWE women blow the Knockouts out of the water these days. It's sad for me as I really got into TNA in 08/09 whilst all the divas at the time that could wrestle were stuck on Superstars. But the WWE has turned a corner, now with a variety of women with various abilities. Not to.mention a rep for different countries and nationalities that helps them appeal globally. Sure it could be much better, but it is what it is.

·
False Prophets
12,630 Posts
Pretty good division, despite the unwarranted hate many of them in that photo get fact is there's only one bad wrestler in the bunch; Eva, but she could be a fantastic manager and is stupidly gorgeous. The others all bring something to the table pro wrestling wise.
I agree. It just suck they're in a company who doesn't know how to book women wrestling.

21 - 40 of 63 Posts