Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
I mean its like Alien vs Predator when it comes to Ronda vs Becky. No matter who wins, we lose.

If Ronda wins, we get another long awful dominant reign. If Becky wins, there is literally no one in the company credible enough to dethrone her, and its going to kill a lot of the support she has gotten because the thing about Becky feuds is that no one has ever come out of a feud with her actually looking better.
Lacey Evans went from walking down a ramp to main eventing 2 PPVs. I'm pretty sure her stock is higher after the feud than it was before the feud.

Natalya went from being a directionless midcarder to having one of the best matches at a big 4 PPV and has remained pushed since. I'm pretty sure her stock is higher after the feud than it was before the feud.

Sasha Banks went from losing to The IIconics to nearly beating the WM main event winner & having the best HIAC match in years. I'm pretty sure her stock is higher after the feud than it was before the feud.

Asuka and Kairi Sane went from doing nothing, literally nothing, to being a featured act on Raw every week and getting 2 wins over the WM main event winner, clearly leading to a title match. I'm pretty sure their stock is higher now than it was before this feud began.

If you're going to suggest that those 5 women are worse off having feuded with Becky, than I'm sorry but you're talking utter utter nonsense.

·
Won't shut up about Peyton Royce
17,573 Posts
Who is Becky suppose to be elevating? Asuka and Kairi are going to get a big PPV match because of Becky. Who the fuck is on Raw that Becky is suppose to elevate? Sarah Logan? Sorry the Jobconics are so terrible that they can't get on TV anymore. They wouldn't be on TV even if Becky was defending her title every week clown

Lacey got 3 PPV's and was involved in 2 PPV main events feuding with Becky. Natalya got her best PPV match in years and got a big 4 PPV match working with Becky. Sasha had a MOTY candidate and got to change her character finally working with Becky. Now Becky keeps putting over Asuka. WTF are you whiny clowning about? Just because she's not having a title match against Sarah Logan or Liv Morgan? fpalm

Just because Becky ,the most over person in the company, wins in the end doesn't mean she's burying the division you clowns. Becky can always defend her title on RAW. How about you wait and see before you cry. The division just opened the show you clown, how is it dead? It will be dead when the jobconics get the title again just like they buried the tag division before freaking Alexa and Nikki had to save them. PATHETIC. Now Becky is going to make them even more relevant
Keep going, love how you always have to mention the IIconics whenever you talk to me, saying that they are terrible because they are not on tv. I guess that makes Asuka, Kairi, Cesaro, Balor, Wyatt and probably half the roster terrible since they all had periods where they barely appeared on tv for months :draper2. You also claim that the IIconics buried the tag titles. Let's see: You think Becky would be as over if she had the IIconics booking? She would be accused of burying the title as well. Give me a break People with no arguments always do that, so I am not even surprised anymore. Those people, are... what is the word? Oh right... CLOWNS.

You talk about the division opening the show. THE DIVISION HAS BEEN OPENING THE SHOW FOR MONTHS, EVEN YEARS, how is that a big deal? Also thinking that Becky elevated Lacey and Natalya to have that match in Saudi Arabia :heston. Natalya and Lacey probably were the only women that accepted to go there :lol. Becky elevated Lacey so much that she returned to squash jobbers after that :lol. Becky elevated Natalya so much that Nattie is not even worthy to challenge for the tag titles despite submitting one of champs :heston. Becky elevated Sasha so much that she went from one of the hottest women in the company to Bayley's sidekick in record time after feuding with her :bryanlol. What a great job she is doing elevating the division :lmao.

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
^ Becky was the most over woman in the company with IIconics booking. I think people sometimes forget how low on the card she was, while being way more popular than she had any right to be.

Hell, the only reason she got this booking was because of how popular she was.

·
Banned
107 Posts
Yeah I can see the heat from Asuka fans boiling in this thread, Whether it's about KW losing to Charlynch or Asuka losing to Becky in a Raw Women's Title match idk but I'd rather Shayna lose the NXT Women's Title post SS and challenge Becky at the RR while keeping KW going strong with their Tag Title reign if someone has to make those belts mean something long term it's Asuka and Kairi.

Wouldn't mind KW retaining at TLC if this match is set.
Asuka deserves to be Raw women's champ especially since she got screwed over with her SD reign.

·
Registered
636 Posts
WWE just completely retconned a full 9 months of a heated rivalry between Becky and Charlotte. Unbelievable. Now they're friends going for the tag titles with no explanation? Of course this is the plan, its another "first time ever". But in reality its the same match from last year with Kairi added.

Whatever. I'm done trying to understand this company. I'd rather they just do a long Asuka vs Becky feud with an actual storyline and actual character development for both women, keeping them both strong until Asuka finally wins the title or until Becky gets her win back, whatever they want to do. With Kairi being with Asuka, they could extend this at least 2-3 months if they tried. Maybe even give Kairi a title shot in the middle of the feud. But that's asking for too much. Kana vs Rebecca Knox in AEW would be lit AF. At least things matter there and talent is developed in a progressive manner. I hate to be so negative but WWE just brings it out of me all the time.
FTFY:grin2:

·
Custom User Title
6,355 Posts
I like how people are still optimistic in here that Becky and Charlotte winning the titles would be a good thing for the division.

It's obvious it would just be done to give them both their Triple Crown (and in the case of Charlotte, grand slam), and bury the rest of the division. Because if you haven't noticed, WWE does not book non title feuds for women on the main roster. Or rather, the ones they do book tend to be real fucking bad.

This is why I have next to zero respect for the main roster women's division. Because the booking around it is absolutely god awful. If you aren't holding a title and aren't a member of the WWE 4HW, you are lucky to get any sort of shine. And even then, WWE clearly has their favorites they push over everyone else. Becky and Charlotte are the best examples of this. They've done absolutely nothing to earn another title shot, and are clearly only getting it because WWE is desperate to try and pop ratings by strutting out the same few stars because they are too lazy or scared to build up other women. Nevermind the fact that Charlotte is proven ratings cancer when she isn't paired with Becky.

Meanwhile in NXT, they cycle the division around. There are some clear favorites, but at the same time, lots of different women get a spotlight. Shayna, Io, Bianca, Rhea, Tegan, Dakota, Candice, Mia, Xia Li, Vanessa Bourne, Aliyah, etc.

All of those women get time to show off their personalities and at least ATTEMPT to get over. Where on the main roster, its the exact opposite unless you are a title holder.

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
This notion on here that Becky is one of Vince's favourites is so incredibly shortsighted and quite frankly ridiculous. Do you people not remember her booking before her fans got too loud to ignore? She was a jobber. She was there to take pins in tag matches, that was her role. Naomi was ahead of her. Carmella was ahead of her. She did clean jobs to The IIconics, The Riot Squad & Mandy & Sonya.

She's not the female John Cena as I keep seeing on here, she's the female Daniel Bryan and this is her moment in the sun, like Bryan's was in mid-2013 to mid-2014. She'll be in the upper midcard doing plenty of jobs this time next year, so chill.

·
Won't shut up about Peyton Royce
17,573 Posts
All of those women get time to show off their personalities and at least ATTEMPT to get over. Where on the main roster, its the exact opposite unless you are a title holder.
Unless you are the IIconics :sadbecky

·
Banned
107 Posts
This notion on here that Becky is one of Vince's favourites is so incredibly shortsighted and quite frankly ridiculous. Do you people not remember her booking before her fans got too loud to ignore? She was a jobber. She was there to take pins in tag matches, that was her role. Naomi was ahead of her. Carmella was ahead of her. She did clean jobs to The IIconics, The Riot Squad & Mandy & Sonya.

She's not the female John Cena as I keep seeing on here, she's the female Daniel Bryan and this is her moment in the sun, like Bryan's was in mid-2013 to mid-2014. She'll be in the upper midcard doing plenty of jobs this time next year, so chill.
Becky's current reign as Raw women's champion is longer than all of Bryan's WWE title reigns combined.

·
Asuka
96,501 Posts

No she won't, lol.

You're right, Vince doesn't like her, but that doesn't matter. She's past the point of being a midcarder. She is the female John Cena now. Daniel Bryan never, ever, ever got booking like Becky has gotten, it was always a half hearted effort. They went all in on Becky and the reason for that is because Vince is desperate with the ratings at all time lows. He thinks that somebody who gets reactions this big from the live audience is a draw, mistakenly, even though she's proven to be the exact opposite. He thinks that if he stops pushing Becky, there will be an even higher drop in viewers, so you can expect this to continue until WWE is doing AEW numbers. Vince always learns the wrong message from this type of shit. Becky is never going back to being a geek.

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
6,695 Posts
Both sides over estimate Becky's effect by a lot. The decimation of the diva's roster aint on Becky, bad booking decisions and horrific writing led to that. And Becky didn't raise the profile of anybody she feuded with other than Lacey. Sasha was going to be hot coming back no matter what and if anything running into that buzz saw cooled her down a bit and Natalya's where she's always been.
Sasha was "always going to be hot no matter what" feuding with who on her return? Sasha's momentum would have instantly died if she feuded with anyone NOT named Becky. Becky was the only one even worthy of a Sasha return feud.

No she won't, lol.

You're right, Vince doesn't like her, but that doesn't matter. She's past the point of being a midcarder. She is the female John Cena now. Daniel Bryan never, ever, ever got booking like Becky has gotten, it was always a half hearted effort. They went all in on Becky and the reason for that is because Vince is desperate with the ratings at all time lows. He thinks that somebody who gets reactions this big from the live audience is a draw, mistakenly, even though she's proven to be the exact opposite. He thinks that if he stops pushing Becky, there will be an even higher drop in viewers, so you can expect this to continue until WWE is doing AEW numbers. Vince always learns the wrong message from this type of shit. Becky is never going back to being a geek.
MASSIVE overstatement. Becky doesn't have 16 title reigns and a run on top of the company for 9-10 years straight. Becky has only been on top for 1 year and she is still massively over. Cena was getting booed in his 2nd feud with Chris Jericho. Charlotte is more Cena-esque than Becky is. Becky also wasn't handpicked by Vince himself to become the FOTC. Becky was lower than Sarah Logan and Peyton Royce at one point and organically got herself over at the right time. In a time where Vince had no choice to push her with Ronda being there and with the women's empowerment agenda. He also had a big show in April that had no plans going into it. Even Kofi-Mania fell into his lap magically. Anything else would be unacceptable. Bryan got injured so who's to say that he wouldn't have gotten farther in his career? Vince is doing the right thing by pushing Becky Lynch. Because she's hot. Which is also why he's pushing Bray. Which is also why he pushed Kofi and Bryan. Despite not wanting to push any of them. The fact that she is getting these reactions means that the people who DID stay as fans of WWE are Becky fans. Fans know what they want and they would boo her like they do Rollins if she was so bad.

Where Vince is getting it wrong is in thinking that ANYTHING other than the presentation of his shows is what's killing the ratings. That's why he thought the Superstar shakeup was the solution to the decline. He thinks there's nothing wrong with the shows themselves. When in reality, they are extremely embarrassing to anyone with half a brain. The ratings are not going anywhere until they fix the actual problem. Especially now that AEW is showing how a wrestling show SHOULD be booked and how promos SHOULD be done. Anyone who watches 1 episode of Dynamite could no longer take WWE seriously in any capacity. Not that most even were to begin with. You think because The Fiend is champion that ratings are suddenly gonna go up? You think if he stays champion for 6 months that will change anything? under the umbrella of current WWE booking styles? Of course not. They are actually decreasing lower now that Bray is on top. Because it's not on him or his character work. Just like it's not on Becky. Its because the overall show makes you want to change the channel. I don't see how people don't understand this. It's fundamental. In fact, anyone who doesn't understand this, is a WWE apologist. You can't blame one single person for a show that would be rated an F- on any grading scale. You and everyone else should know this.

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
Becky's current reign as Raw women's champion is longer than all of Bryan's WWE title reigns combined.
Yes, and it's bullshit. Bryan has been treated far more disrespectfully than Becky has. Vince likes Becky more than Bryan, but that doesn't mean he likes her. If you want Vince's opinion on Becky Lynch, look at her booking from debut to Summerslam 2018. She's the "horsewoman" they saw the least in, despite being the best talker and most charismatic, so I guess it makes sense in this company...

Another reason for that is the men's competition for spots is much stiffer than the women's. Since the "revolution" only Charlotte has been a main event mainstay, all the other women come and go between the main event and the midcard. Bryan had Cena, Orton, Brock, Punk, pre burial undefeated Wyatt, The Shield etc to compete with.

I've said it before, he's one of the most disrespected performers in the history of the business. He never got a real title reign as a babyface, despite being the most over babyface since The Rock.

No she won't, lol.

She won't be a geek, but she's not gonna be the top female star in a year. She'll put over Charlotte. Those Rumble and Mania wins have a hefty receipt. She's not as horrific for ratings as people make out either. She lost TONS of viewers when she followed The Rock, but everyone would lose after him. Her quarters on Raw are usually one of the highest rated on the show. She gains viewers every week, some of the main event guys (Seth) often lose viewers. I think their ratings issues are more an indictment on the overall quality of the show, or lack there of, rather than one act who is one of the few genuinely popular stars they actually have. Depushing your 2nd most popular current star and year long top 3 merch mover doesn't seem like a good idea for ratings to be honest.

·
Let's talk about six, baby.
8,322 Posts
FWIW, it was noted in this week's Observer that these three matches are not placeholders for the sake of advertising, as is often the case, but actually planned. Roman/Corbin hasn't been finalised as a TLC match though. Apparently there's been some discussion about a ''dog collar'' stipulation instead.

If CharLynch going after the Tag Titles, Bayley/Sasha should go after too
Didn't Sasha bury the tag titles in her first promo after returning? It wouldn't make sense to go after them now.

·
Banned
107 Posts
Yes, and it's bullshit. Bryan has been treated far more disrespectfully than Becky has. Vince likes Becky more than Bryan, but that doesn't mean he likes her. If you want Vince's opinion on Becky Lynch, look at her booking from debut to Summerslam 2018. She's the "horsewoman" they saw the least in, despite being the best talker and most charismatic, so I guess it makes sense in this company...

Another reason for that is the men's competition for spots is much stiffer than the women's. Since the "revolution" only Charlotte has been a main event mainstay, all the other women come and go between the main event and the midcard. Bryan had Cena, Orton, Brock, Punk, pre burial undefeated Wyatt, The Shield etc to compete with.

I've said it before, he's one of the most disrespected performers in the history of the business. He never got a real title reign as a babyface, despite being the most over babyface since The Rock.
Then why did you call her the female Bryan? She isn't, she's been pushed way more than him.

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
Then why did you call her the female Bryan? She isn't, she's been pushed way more than him.
She is the female Bryan, she's somebody the company never intended to push to the top, but got over to an extent where their WrestleMania plans were going to be ruined if they didn't include her. Batista=Ronda, the "mainstream" star who was brought in to appeal to the masses but the fans ended up rejecting, Orton=Charlotte, the company favourite who was never truly accepted as the top star by fans, Becky=Bryan, the scrappy midcarder who the fans picked against company wishes. It's a pretty clear link.

She's been pushed more than him because there is way less competition at the top in the women's division than there is the mens.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts