Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2010/jul/22/britains-got-talent-czikai-cowell

Former Britain's Got Talent contestant Emma Amelia Pearl Czikai is suing Simon Cowell for almost £2.5m claiming she was humiliated and degraded on ITV's Britain Got Talent.

Czikai first lodged her complaint of unfairness and discrimination with the employment tribunal in January, as revealed by MediaGuardian.co.uk.

At yesterday's pre-trial review at the central London tribunal court, Czikai, who is representing herself, accused BGT and its judges of "exploitation, humiliation, degradation and barbarism". The 54-year-old, from Sutton Coldfield, also levelled a claim of disability discrimination because the talent show had not made adjustments for her such as lowering the backing music and microphone levels.

"This programme makes a select number of rich people very very rich on the backs of the ordinary man and woman in the street through exploitation, humiliation, degradation and a reemergence of modern-day barbarism with all its inherent cruelty," she said.

The former nurse claims that her performance suffered as a result of cervical spine neuritis, which can cause head and shoulder pain and which affects her ability to hear her own singing voice in noisy environments such as the audition arena.

The pre-trial review, which will decide if a full hearing will go ahead, was told that she was seeking £300,000 for injured feelings, compensation of £1m and loss of earnings of £1.25m. She said if she was awarded any money it would go to charity.

During her appearance on the show, where she attempted to sing the power ballad You Raise Me Up, Piers Morgan and Cowell hit their rejection buzzers even before she completed the first line. The third judge, Amanda Holden, managed to hold on until she reached the chorus.

Czikai has previously lodged a complaint with the media regulator Ofcom that she was unfairly treated on the programme. The complaint was rejected.
People like this need to die so that society and humanity as a whole can move forwards.

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
I really hope she wins....I hate Cowell. In reality though, this women is *I would insult her but I don;t want her to track me down and sue me*...erm, a very nice lady.

·
¡GOLDADO!
2,309 Posts
The pre-trial review, which will decide if a full hearing will go ahead, was told that she was seeking £300,000 for injured feelings, compensation of £1m and loss of earnings of £1.25m. She said if she was awarded any money it would go to charity.
Sure it will, unless she is a registered charity.

·
✔
21,668 Posts
So much butthurt.

She'd be fantastic on forums.

Injured feelings. Just how is that possible? Maybe you should stop being such a butch talentless hack before you go on a nationwide talent show.

·
Lynskey Lover
774 Posts
That really wasn't humiliation was it? It was funny, she took it bad though, instead of treating it for the muck about it is.
She's never gonna see that money either, she might get a public apology & get put over from Cowell, thats about it.

·
Damn Fine Cup of Coffee
12,954 Posts
FINISH HER! FATALITY! SIMON COWELL WINS! FLAWLESS VICTORY!

Simon's the man. Get over it Ms. "I'm gonna show them one day! I'll be famous!" Whiny, Teary Eyed Bitch.

·
Premium Member
3,448 Posts
Holy shit she sucks. She honestly thought she could go on a show judged my Simon Cowell, whom she obviously knows as she purposely addresses him at the beginning of her audition and would not be mocked? That much arrogance is incredible.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts