Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Banned
6,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
On Monday night, a 19-year-old Minnesota woman was arrested for shooting her boyfriend to death as part of a YouTube stunt for her blog.

The criminal complaint in the case states that Monilisa Perez, who is pregnant, told police that her boyfriend, Pedro Ruiz, 22, wanted to make a YouTube video of her shooting a book while he was holding it; Ruiz thought the bullet would be stopped by the book. Ruiz had set up a GoPro camera and another camera to record the shooting.

Prior to the incident, Perez had tweeted:

"Me and Pedro are probably going to shoot one of the most dangerous videos ever?? HIS idea not MINE?"

After she shot Ruiz, Perez called 911. When police arrived, they attempted to save Ruiz but he died at the scene. Perez told police Ruiz had shown her a different book which a bullet did not penetrate; she acknowledged to police that she shot Ruiz from one foot away using a .50 caliber Desert Eagle firearm.

Perez was charged with manslaughter in the second degree, a felony that carries a maximum sentence of 10 years or a fine of $20,000 or both.
Sad to hear he was killed but this is just plain stupid.... fpalm

http://www.dailywire.com/news/18063/girl-shoots-boyfriend-death-youtube-stunt-hank-berrien

Reactions: MillionDollarProns

·
Premium Member
19,339 Posts
Clearly they didn't know (or maybe she did) that Popular Mechanics tested a 50 cal handcannon and it went through over 5,000 sheets of paper no problem iirc.
Yeah I'm thinking that the part where she said they tried it on a different book and it stopped it is bullshit. Or they used another gun.

Reactions: Jay Valero

·
The Sundance Kid
18,642 Posts
The criminal complaint in the case states that Monilisa Perez, who is pregnant, told police that her boyfriend, Pedro Ruiz, 22, wanted to make a YouTube video of her shooting a book while he was holding it; Ruiz thought the bullet would be stopped by the book. Ruiz had set up a GoPro camera and another camera to record the shooting.
:no

·
Registered
965 Posts
The criminal complaint in the case states that Monilisa Perez, who is pregnant, told police that her boyfriend, Pedro Ruiz, 22, wanted to make a YouTube video of her shooting a book while he was holding it; Ruiz thought the bullet would be stopped by the book.
Oh for fuck's sake.

·
I'll take you down the only road I've ever been do
The Icon That Can Still Go
54,753 Posts
I like her.

She seems....smart.

Yeah. That's what I'll go with. Smart.

Have fun in prison.

·
WF's resident Big Dog
8,098 Posts
:wtf2

She thought the book.......would stop the bullet......50cal....

:bunk

She should've never been allowed to breed with that amount of stupidity

·
Sleeps nude in an oxygen tent.
4,743 Posts
Huh, so I guess Atlas Shrugged isn't really thick enough to stop a bullet. :hmm

OH also

SHOT THROUGH THE HEART

AND YOU'RE TO BLAME

YOU GIVE LOVE

A BAD NAME

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.