Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LONDON, Ont. - A 39-year-old Sarnia, Ont., woman has a court date after police say she called 911 just to say hi.

Cops say they went to the home of the woman, who they say is very well known to them, to find her intoxicated after the call at about 8 a.m. Sunday.

She was arrested and charged with mischief, and interfering with the lawful use or operation of the 911 response line. She’s scheduled to appear in court June 12.

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/WeirdNews/2012/05/07/19725616.html?cid=rssnewsweird news

:confused:

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
Charged for what? Being drunk? How is that a crime?

Although I do get it. There should be a law there that forbids calling 911 if there is no emergency. Bu what the hell did they arrest her for? Why not just give her a note when to show up in court? Would been far easier.

·
Banned
19,408 Posts
LOL only in America. Charged for what? Being drunk? How is that a crime?

Although I do get it. There should be a law there that forbids calling 911 if there is no emergency. Bu what the hell did they arrest her for? Why not just give her a note when to show up in court? Would been far easier.
are you fucking retarded?

She was arrested and charged with mischief, and interfering with the lawful use or operation of the 911 response line.
there is a law.

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
are you fucking retarded?

there is a law.
So basically she was arrested because she rang 911. Yes I do get it.

So in this case she would been arrested in either way? Since that's what the law says should happen? Fine whatever.

Also try to play nice;).

·
Banned
19,408 Posts
If she had a genuine reason to call the emergency number then she wouldn't have been arrested.

·
✔
21,671 Posts
good. there's so many fucktards around the world that call emergency hotlines as prank calls and so forth who deserve to be shot for stupidity.

·
ROWDY RODDY PIPER
10,967 Posts
So basically she was arrested because she rang 911. Yes I do get it.

So in this case she would been arrested in either way? Since that's what the law says should happen? Fine whatever.

Also try to play nice;).
While she was calling 911 just to say hi, someone who had a real emergency may not have been able to get through.

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
If she had a genuine reason to call the emergency number then she wouldn't have been arrested.
Yeah I know.

Also I wonder if they have arrested her if she wasn't drunk and had come up with a good excuse why she called them.

Also not so long ago someone I know dialed 911 by mistake. It was like 3 times(for whatever reason). And boy oh boy she had a lot of explaining to do when the cops showed up (yes that woman live sin America). They never arrested her although it was never a real emergency.

I still believe this whole ordeal depends on the situation.

It's still a minor crime all considering.

While she was calling 911 just to say hi, someone who had a real emergency may not have been able to get through.
Indeed. Hence why it's against the law right:cool2?

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
MEh, she will get a slap on the wrist she was clearly drunk.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
This is retarded to arrest her and send her to court. Courts are so packed and to delay a case for this is just dumb. If a someone calls 911 give her a warning or at the most serious case give her a fine its such a waste to send this to court.

·
Is a Snit Head
22,249 Posts
Yeah I know.

Also I wonder if they have arrested her if she wasn't drunk and had come up with a good excuse why she called them.

Also not so long ago someone I know dialed 911 by mistake. It was like 3 times(for whatever reason). And boy oh boy she had a lot of explaining to do when the cops showed up (yes that woman live sin America). They never arrested her although it was never a real emergency.

I still believe this whole ordeal depends on the situation.

It's still a minor crime all considering.

Well what your friend did wasn't a crime. Crime requires intent and butt dialing 911 is not intent.

Indeed. Hence why it's against the law right:cool2?
This is retarded to arrest her and send her to court. Courts are so packed and to delay a case for this is just dumb. If a someone calls 911 give her a warning or at the most serious case give her a fine its such a waste to send this to court.
Well she probably will just get a fine but what she did was a misdemeanor and you have to go to court for those. Any type of violation/offense can go to court if the person fights the charge. I can have a hearing for a $27 parking ticket if I want to have one. You can't just give someone a fine and not give them the option to fight it in court.

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
Exactly normally I would do that if I was out on patrol. Although it clearly states that the police have known this woman from before which makes this a different case.

Although a fine at that place would been just fine. No need to do anything else for sucha mild offense while other people might be selling hard drugs on the streets, stealing, murdering and raping.

Well she probably will just get a fine but what she did was a misdemeanor and you have to go to court for those. Any type of violation/offense can go to court if the person fights the charge. I can have a hearing for a $27 parking ticket if I want to have one. You can't just give someone a fine and not give them the option to fight it in court.
Well I could question the intent of the drunk woman too. So could the officers who where in place to arrest her.

Also I do believe it all depends on country to country to what might have happened to the lady in this situation.

I might think things might have been different in for example UK. Also Sweden for that matter.

Yeah but in this case scenario I doubt she will fight back. She wouldn't have any leverage after all. Call was made and she was drunk. Lost case is lost.

·
Is a Snit Head
22,249 Posts
Well she did press the buttons and she talked to the operator so she obviously knew she was making the call. Being drunk isn't a defense to crimes either (for the most part at least).

·
Registered
592 Posts
LONDON, Ont. - A 39-year-old Sarnia, Ont., woman has a court date after police say she called 911 just to say hi.

Cops say they went to the home of the woman, who they say is very well known to them, to find her intoxicated after the call at about 8 a.m. Sunday.

She was arrested and charged with mischief, and interfering with the lawful use or operation of the 911 response line. She’s scheduled to appear in court June 12.

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/WeirdNews/2012/05/07/19725616.html?cid=rssnewsweird news

:confused:
Sounds like she has some sort of mental issues if she is intoxicated that early on a Sunday, especially if she is well known to police and 911.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts