Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nigel McGuinness (aka Desmond Wolfe) is a wrestler who deserves better than what TNA has made him to be. As soon as I saw him on Impact! as Wolfe I had the worst fear that he would fail and so far that appears to be so. I just don't have the same hype as I had for him when he was absolutely amazing in ROH as McGuinness.

That's why I believe whenever he returns to TNA re-branding him as Nigel McGuinness would help him make a strong emerging into the TNA top-card. The Wolfe persona just won't sell with the TNA fans as it won't sell with me.

(Note: If this is a bump I'll be more than glad to take this thread down.)

Reactions: The Apostle

·
Registered
21,621 Posts
I'm not too sure that he will return. Doesn't he have like a concussion problem or something similar? It's a shame really, he could have been top dog in TNA if they'd given him the chance.

·
Registered
897 Posts
A name is a name, and as far as they go, Desmond Wolfe really isn't all that bad. As long as they allow Wolfe to do what he does best, he'll get over.

He needs to return, period.

·
Registered
125 Posts
The Desmond character works good, no need for repackaging. Also, the London Brawling tag team had potential, a real shame that Wolfe got injured. Hopefully he'll come back soon, though, I found myself missing him during the last Impact.

·
7 years, 18 movies later ....
3,323 Posts
I thought he character was okay but i dont he will be coming back for a while at least due to his health problems.

·
Registered
835 Posts
He doesnt need a repackage...maybe just a re-introduction. Just so annoying since Bischoff and Hulk came in he was put right on the backburner...when it was just Russo he shoved him right in their with kurt angle which was a great thing to do, it came off incredibly. I sure miss ole wolfey he's right up there with Pope as one of my faveourites. How old is he btw? Is he getting on abit now?

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
everyone please, he has severe head problems, he might as well get out of the ring now while he still has a chance take a non wrestling role

·
Registered
673 Posts
He doesnt need a repackage...maybe just a re-introduction. Just so annoying since Bischoff and Hulk came in he was put right on the backburner...when it was just Russo he shoved him right in their with kurt angle which was a great thing to do, it came off incredibly. I sure miss ole wolfey he's right up there with Pope as one of my faveourites. How old is he btw? Is he getting on abit now?
This.

He would only need a re-introduction. He was booked so well against angle and looked like a legit ME... it's a shame things turns out that way.

I really hope he will be back soon and that London Brawling will be pushed really hard. I like Magnus and Chelsea too.

·
Banned
8,283 Posts
I think he should call it quits. With his head condition I think he could try to get out of his contract or even file a lawsuit if they don't wanna let him, take a couple years off and return to indy wrestling as Nigel McGuiness or never return at all. It's obvious though that TNA didn't wanna push him at all and and he wasn't being given any time to wrestle in the last year. He was a hell of a technical wrestler and the way they used him after his feud with Kurt Angle was just sad but I have faith that indy wrestling will rise up with a new breed of technical wrestlers like Nigel was.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
Let's not forget who the head writer is in TNA. He may team with Robbie E, as That 70's guy!
The same guy who was head booker when Wolfe was signed and put into that feud with Angle. It was only when Hogan arrived that things started to go wrong for him.

Ugh, I just defended Russo, I need a shower now.

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
Nigel McGuinness (aka Desmond Wolfe) is a wrestler who deserves better than what TNA has made him to be. As soon as I saw him on Impact! as Wolfe I had the worst fear that he would fail and so far that appears to be so. I just don't have the same hype as I had for him when he was absolutely amazing in ROH as McGuinness.

That's why I believe whenever he returns to TNA re-branding him as Nigel McGuinness would help him make a strong emerging into the TNA top-card. The Wolfe persona just won't sell with the TNA fans as it won't sell with me.

(Note: If this is a bump I'll be more than glad to take this thread down.)
I can't believe people on here are blaming his name change and "new" persona for why hes failed. Its the BOOKING people. It always has been, it currently is right now, and TBH I fear its gonna be that for a long time. Right untill the company goes out of business.

The truth is Desmond Wolfe was THE most over heel at one time when feuding with Kurt Angle. He had a cool new name, was made to look like a serious threat, and the fans hated him like no other.

Yet that all went to shits. Why? Because the idiots running TNA are simply that, IDIOTS. How can you say his persona "isn't working" when TNA hasn't used him right ever since Hogan came in? Thats like blaming a car for not working when you haven't even put gas into the tank.

The only thing that needs to be repackaged is the monkey staff thats running TNA. Only then will we see guys get used right.

And yes Im aware that Desmonds been having some head issues but within the time they brought him in and when the head injury was discovered he could've been used WAAAAY better than they did and its a shame they turned him into a jobber.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts