Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know about everyone else but I'm loving this pairing on Xplosion. As singles wrestlers they weren't really going anywhere in a clustered singles division so I think it was great to add them to bring fresh life to the tag team scene. Both, in my opinion, are extremely talented out of the ring as well and they seem to have great chemistry in their promos. Magnus is quickly becoming one of my favourite guys on the mic in TNA, very entertaining and I also think he has the look of a future world champion. In the ring however, Magnus could probably still do with some work and their double team moves need a bit more tweaking.

Having said that though, I think the team could go far. But I think they need to be packaged as a tag team. Give them their own theme music, have them wear similar attire and give them a name for their team. I'm also hoping they ignore the whole "British" thing. The gimmicks been overdone so many times and the guys can get over without it.

So what are your thoughts on the pairing?

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Great at promo's, in fact I would venture to say fucking great at promo's.

But I'm yet to be impressed with ANY of their matches. I think it's a bit foolish to send them into the Guns after three matches, especially after the series the Guns just had. The may be an alright filler until something better comes a long, but watch there Xplosion stuff, it just isn't there yet.

Unless of course they call themselves 'The Handsome Devils' then I say put the straps on them.

·
Banned
47 Posts
Wolfe and Magnus should up the violence and start bottling people. Nothing's more frightening than a drunken Londoner waving a shank at you. They did the same thing in Wolfe's angle with Abyss.

Point is, don't make them a cheap excuse for xenophobic rants against England. Just let them evolve on their own. No matching outfits please, that just screams 1980's to me.

We need a real loose-cannon tag-team to regain interest in a division that has been floundering. But hey, don't blame Hogan for the tag division going nowhere - he just really needed that 20 minutes of airtime to talk about how he wanted to fuck Brooke.

·
Registered
663 Posts
London Calling!
Yeah, loving this pairing! 2 great talents who'll hopefully be a good addition to the tag division. I've enjoyed their work together so far, and it should be interesting to see how they fair in a match against the Guns! Theyre both awesome at promo work, and they seem to be gelling quite well in the ring together and trying to get some sweet 2-man moves together. So much potential. Hopefully after battling the Guns they'll stick around and develop as a team.

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
Two Jobbers. Very boring together.
Wow, Desmond Wolfe is a jobber now? Bollocks he is!

I'm looking forward to seeing their matches, but not seen anythin yet :/

·
Registered
6,849 Posts
Magnus owns. Always been a fan and I like Wolfe. Hopefully it goes somewhere and isn't built up then dropped

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
I laughed a lot during their promo on Xpolosion. Wolfe calling "Christy" "Krusty" was great! Good combo. Now if only TNA will let them team grow legs and stop this whole team squabbling between Chelsea and Wolfe, then it would be a perfect and money making unit for TNA.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
I love all things tag-team wrestling, so this team works for me. I do agree that they should the matching trunks/double team finisher route.

Personally, I think all of the singles wrestlers that are doing anything should find a partner (pause) and make a tag-team.

·
Banned
47 Posts
MATCHING TRUNKS LOOK TACKY.
And furthermore, they rob Magnus of the chance to develop his own character. Let them be individuals, for Gods sake. Is it that fucking hard to grasp?

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
MATCHING TRUNKS LOOK TACKY.
And furthermore, they rob Magnus of the chance to develop his own character. Let them be individuals, for Gods sake. Is it that fucking hard to grasp?
No it doesn't. IMO. Realistically they could go the 'Dx' route and only wear matching trunks when they tag together. But a team should be just that, a TEAM. How hard is it to still show some individuality within the context of the team? Tully and Arn tagged for years and never has a problem doing this.

I hate makeshift tag teams and if a team wants to show how different they are at the expense of the group then they shouldn 't tag together.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
This team is really good, love both of them on the mic.

Let's hope they get a real feud with the MCMG not just a 2 minute iMPACT squash or something

·
Banned
8,966 Posts
I like the pairing, they have pretty good chemistry and it may be a bit rushed but nonetheless I'm looking forward to seeing them face MCMG. Although on Xplosion they always talk about Magnus being a "ladies' man" now and it seems like he's only developed that gimmick on that TNA Today show on the website so maybe they should let him develop it on-screen more if he can pull it off.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I'm really enjoying the pairing. Seems to me, they're doing a Hollywood Blonds. I betcha TNA creative just stuck them together randomly and they've decided to make the best of it. I think if they can stay together for a little while they could really shine. Their promos have been cool and I think Magnus has a ton of potential, having him learn a bit from ol'Nigel can't hurt.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Whatever, Shannon Moore avatar
+1

Wolfe's only a 'jobber' because Hogan and Bischoff aren't high on him. Why? Because he can work, cut a promo, and has a unique look and isn't over the age of 40 or overweight?

Anyway, I think Magnus was a fast learner before his mini-push was curtailed last year and paired with Wolfe, he may very well pick up where he left off.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Theyre probably my favourite tag team as of right now (calm down MCMG marks it's just an opinion), tthe promos have been awesome so far and tgging with Wolfe will do nothing but good for Magnus' in-ring work

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Im digging them.Magus has came a long way,great new gimmick.
My only complaint is they need to work on some good tag team moves.
Hopefully they can far as a tag team.The divison needs more heels anyway.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts